Considering a Purchase of a Hyper64

Hypnos

War Room Troll
I win a ebay auction that begin for 120€...

If you like a Hyper Neo Geo 64 with the four fighting games in mint condition, speak with CADMAN2K, is the best seller of this and is so fast and serious. I recommended this user...

Greetings!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
There's no way Cadman will sell it that low outside of an auction though.

Neogeofan12

Banned
I had my first experience with the Hyper64 today (via at a friend's house). Samurai Shodown 64 was ok while FFWA was cool runing in 60 FPS (but ok gameplay once again). Pretty cool to actually try it out in real life. :P

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You have to play Buriki to experience something different by SNK.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I had my first experience with the Hyper64 today (via at a friend's house). Samurai Shodown 64 was ok while FFWA was cool runing in 60 FPS (but ok gameplay once again). Pretty cool to actually try it out in real life. :P
I know that it is all a matter of prefference, but to those who bash on the gameplay on FFWA perhpas are not aware that they are pretty much bashing on the real bout series as well.

The SSWR series is pretty good as well, but people just overlook it all the time 'cause is 3D or 'cause the first plays like SSIII and the second one plays like SSIV.

All Hyper 64 fighting games are superb. I can only take opinions from those folks that have played the game in it's entierity. I for one adore all 4 games but understand there are some shortcomings, but then again the same happens to all games.

Hypnos

War Room Troll
electricgrave I TOO! but, respect other opinions!... ¬.¬

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
...and I do to when they are concrete and well founded.

Spazmonkey

Another Striker
So, would it be worth it paying for a rev two board even though I won't have enough leftover for any games or anything? I'm thinking I might enjoy it, I'm a big fan of Tekken and whatnot, and a Tekken with swords=win in my book.

EDIT: Yes, because any fighter that's 3D is Tekken.

klargon

n00b
Just ordered myself a Hyper 64 with all 4 fighting games, brand new and boxed for £75. eBay seems to be flooded with them now, so there must be a whole load of redundant stock that's become available. I think if I'd have held out, I could have got a better deal, but I kinda wanted it now!

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Just ordered myself a Hyper 64 with all 4 fighting games, brand new and boxed for £75. eBay seems to be flooded with them now, so there must be a whole load of redundant stock that's become available. I think if I'd have held out, I could have got a better deal, but I kinda wanted it now!
Sounds like some people are getting way better deals than what some of us had to pay for less than new goods.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Yup, £75 for the mobo + all 4 games is more than a great deal, it's a fucking steal.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Yup, £75 for the mobo + all 4 games is more than a great deal, it's a fucking steal.
Only problem is someone outside Europe will pay an arm and a leg for shipping, more or less canceling out the savings. Same problem we always had with vektorlogic, except now the prices are lower. Is this a different seller now?

klargon

n00b

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Whatever the cost just get the HNG64 period. You won't regret it and it won't be much more than you'll pay later at the cost of wasting any more seconds of your life without it.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Proving that sometimes the planets do align, I have to agree with electricgrave. No true fan of Samurai Shodown should be without a Hyper Neogeo 64. Both are awesome games in their own right... and anyone who says SS64 plays like SS3 is smoking some really impressive shit.

Personally, I'd play either game before I'd play SS4, 5 or 5S, which were all basically hack jobs.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Well what do you know...we have a interplanetary manifestation going on here...ruffles!

I couldn't say it any better the Samsho series on the Hyper are nothing short of superb a true labour of love and dedication to a new territory for SNK, also I have to add that I smoke excellent stuff 'cause I've always felt as if there are some similarities with SSIII and SS64 just as there are some with SSWR and SSIV, but then again I am known for being out there...

Fatal Fury Wild Ambition is also fantastic, man! I consider this gem to be right up there with the Real Bout series in the quality department, some similarities are apparent, but it goes beyond that with intricate combos and friendly set ups for the newcomers, plus the unblocakbles adds more tenacity to the veteran players.

Then we have Buriky One a game of innovation in its own right with layers deep beyond most folk understanding, this game puzzles my simple mind with intrigue and addiction in more ways than one, I am yet to the level I would like to be and in truth I should do a CP just for this game for it is well deserved of such dedication, but I've been busy and lazy, but one day I will prevail.

klargon

n00b
Out of interest, does anyone know the original cost of the Hyper 64 motherboard and the fighting games? Would be interesting to see how they've devalued.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Go to CKchan, his prices are extremely fair and he's a great seller. I'm not sure what the value is at right now, but it wouldn't be out of the question if a full fighting set including a board costs about 500 USD.

klargon

n00b
I've already bought them - brand new board and all 4 games, brand new and sealed. Cost me £73.50 delivered in the UK. So, I'm not looking to buy, just interested in how much this would have set me back if I'd have bought it all in the late 90's.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
I think the original cost of the Hyper board itself was something like $1300-2400 USD when it was first introduced. The games, I'm not certain.

Actually, 73 pounds for a fighting board and all four games? Are they complete kits? And is the board a Rev1 or Rev2? (Easiest way to tell is if there's a big black knob on the front end with all the molex connectors, it's a rev1... more common, not 100% JAMMA compatible)

Either way, that's not too shabby a price at all! You hooking this baby up in a cab or to a supergun?

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Appeared to be a Rev 1 from the auction.