Final Burn Alpha for PSP

BIG

sony fanboy
has anyone gotten outzone or tatsujin-oh to work?
me want some toaplan lovin'

SSS

neo retired
has anyone gotten outzone or tatsujin-oh to work?
me want some toaplan lovin'

truxton 2 works perfect for me. How about Raizing/8ing games? i can't seem to get the likes of battle garegga or batrider to work. are they supposed to?

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Well I tried a few shooters last night. Everything I tried seem to work great. The only problem is you have to make the cache, exit the program, then reload the same ROM as before and it works. I still could not get any CPS3 roms to load. When I loaded SFIII it would make the cache up till about 60% then just stops. If I try to re-load the rom it does nothing.

Anyway, this seems to be shaping up into a nice emu.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks.

Same problem with cps3 games here. I'm pretty sure I'm doing things properly too (using a psp slim and followed SamuraiShodownSensei's advice):scratch:. Hmm....

BIG

sony fanboy
truxton 2 works perfect for me. How about Raizing/8ing games? i can't seem to get the likes of battle garegga or batrider to work. are they supposed to?

hmmmmm...i couldn't get truxton2 to work.
wonder if i'm doing something wrong?
yeah, i tried running batrider and got the same result...

SSS

neo retired
hmmmmm...i couldn't get truxton2 to work.
wonder if i'm doing something wrong?
yeah, i tried running batrider and got the same result...

I downloaded truxton 2 from planetemu. version of the rom works perfect, maybe you have a slightly different dump?

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Slim only? That bites. Wonder if there's any trickery that can get CPS3 working with the phat, eventually...

RSX

n00b
New Version

here is the link for the new version.

http://forums.maxconsole.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=22510&d=1223218674

I don't see anything different?

I tried sfiiin, sfiii2n and sfiii3n and it does nothing. I also tried the same roms from like 3 different web sites and none of them work. It won't create a cahce file or nothing. When you choose the rom and hit O it does nothing, the only thing I can see happening is the mem stick light will blink once and that's it?

Has anyone else got the CPS3 roms to at least load? If so which rom set did you use? I have been trying to get the CPS3 roms to load ever since the 2nd or 3rd release of this and nothing... I am using the PSP Slim.. I wonder what's wrong?

I guess we will have to keep waiting.... Keep up the good work on FBAPSP..

SSS

neo retired
Slim only? That bites. Wonder if there's any trickery that can get CPS3 working with the phat, eventually...

it's not even playable on the slim, so they've got a long way to go. but yes, I have gotten it to load. I got the sfiii3.zip from planet emu, and searched google for sfiii3n.zip. don't remember where I got it from.

3rdspsp.jpg
sound emulation works. If I had to guess I'd say it runs at 1/6th proper speed.

honestly though, cps3 on this thing would just be a novelty. I can't stand 6 button fighters on handhelds. I'd wish they'd refocus their efforts on the shooters. like getting Raizing stuff playable, would love some portable seibu stuff as well...

Last edited:

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Holy shit, why does this topic hace to be the first thing I see when I come to work?

Now I just can't wait to arrive home and test this little fucker :buttrock:

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I just gave the Pocket PC version of FBA a spin. Third Strike runs at about 1/2-3/4 speed on my phone, but controls for it suck (I'm using my QWERTY keyboard, with WASD for movement (with my thumb!) and UIOJKL for buttons).

I gotta say now I'm excited for the PSP release. I'll take half speed Third Strike over none at all.

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
You guys have any luck with Batrider, Battle Garegga, or Battle Bakraid yet? I'm on a Slim w/ 4.01 m33-2, and every Batrider dump I've tried so far results in a blue screen exception error. :( Only tried one version of Garegga and Bakraid with the same result.

DonPachi, DoDonPachi, Guwange, ESPRade, and Truxton 2 all run quite well. :buttrock:

RSX

n00b
Finally!

Well I finally got my CPS3 Roms to load... I updated to CFW 3.71 M33-3 and it works now. It seems that you have to have 3.71 M33-3 for the Slim to use the extra RAM. I was using 3.71 M33-2 and my CPS3 roms would not load at all.

Now they work! Whoopie! They are very unplayable but at least I got them to load...

Thanks all...

RSX

n00b
New Versions..

There is some new versions in this thread if anyone wants to try them.

I tried out this version "FBA lbicelyne 1021 v10p2 Slim" and the CPS3 roms will load and play (slowly) but there is no sound.

But, I tried ESP Ra.De. and Guwange and they run really well (frame skip on 2) and the music and sound is a lot better. This version has a lot of screen sizes but it's missing the best one, It's the one with Vertical rotation but not all the way full screen, it has full screen and normal but no in between.

Hopefully the next update will fix that and the no sound with CPS3.

Anyway, keep up the good work developers. You are rockin with this so far!!

Neogeofan12

Banned
With the latest version of FBA what's the different rom sets I can use? Can it do CPS1/CPS2 at least? Any luck with the Raizing shooters?

RSX

n00b
I use..

I use NJ's emulators for CPS1 and 2. I have been using alpha burn for the CAVE shooters and CPS3...

NJ's works great for CPS1 and 2 and NEO GEO, etc...

I will look into the Raizing Shooters...

RSX

n00b
CAVE

I tried out the new CAVE Version last night and I must say WOW! ESP Ra.De. runs almost full speed and Guwange runs excellent with just a few slow downs when the games turns into bullet hell.. :)

I also tried the CPS3 version and it works, but really slow and I have no sound?

Anyway, keep up the good work devs...