Final Burn Alpha for PSP

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I must be doing something wrong. What is the correct pathway for the roms? The name of the roms show up in the FBA menu, but nothing happens when I press the circle button. I am using a psp slim. Am I supposed to make a cache file. If so, how?

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
OK, I found the other thread on esprade and I just copied the eboot into my working fba4psp. I can get dodonpachi working with sound, but dodonpachi and esprade do not work at all. Could I be using the incorrect version of the rom? What else could it be? Again, I'm using a psp slim.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
OK, I found the other thread on esprade and I just copied the eboot into my working fba4psp. I can get dodonpachi working with sound, but dodonpachi and esprade do not work at all. Could I be using the incorrect version of the rom? What else could it be? Again, I'm using a psp slim.

Did you try running them from a fresh reboot? If you load a game in this emu, then exit out to the menu to load another game, it has issues. A reboot of the system does the trick. If that's not your problem, then you must have the wrong rom version.

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple

Did you try running them from a fresh reboot? If you load a game in this emu, then exit out to the menu to load another game, it has issues. A reboot of the system does the trick. If that's not your problem, then you must have the wrong rom version.

I've rebooted, and matched up the roms with the gamelist in the fba4psp file and still no good. I must be getting the roms from the wrong place. Donpachi works, but neither dodonpachi or esprade work.

BIG

sony fanboy
this is definitely cool.
tried out guwange last night. very impressed with the result but still a bit too spotty to play.
'rade is almost perfect.
how does guwange run on this newer hack?

BIG

sony fanboy
this new hack is def an improvement.
still can't get dangun and a few others to work...

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Jackpot!!!!:D Thanks for the new update. I tried a new install. Dodonpachi and Esprade on my psp. That's a nice early Birthday present.

RSX

n00b
Shooters?

Man, I am glad someone is porting over Final Burn. I was wondering can anyone write up a list of just the shooters that this play on the PSP? I love shooters and now I can hopefully play all the kick a$$ shooters that is out there. I just need a list so I can pick the best ones out.

I wonder also if this will ever run the CPS3 Roms?

Thanks all...

BIG

sony fanboy
yeah, guwange runs fairly well now.
did anyone manage to get tatsujin-oh or outzone working?
for now, it's all about hot dog storm!

SSS

neo retired
lolwtf? the new unofficial build loads cps3 games. of course they are slow and really not playable, but it's a start.

RSX

n00b
CPS3

lolwtf? the new unofficial build loads cps3 games. of course they are slow and really not playable, but it's a start.

Yea, I tried a few CPS3 games and they will load up till about 60% then it just stops. I exit the emu - reboot and try again and it does nothing...

Has anyone else got a CPS3 game to work yet?

How about some good shooters? I was thinking someone could start a list of the great shumpus that run with this eum.

Also, where can we get the most recent versions at?

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Wow, I wonder if they'll get it to a playable state. 3s on-the-go, ohhh man...

RSX

n00b
Some games..

Well I tried a few shooters last night. Everything I tried seem to work great. The only problem is you have to make the cache, exit the program, then reload the same ROM as before and it works. I still could not get any CPS3 roms to load. When I loaded SFIII it would make the cache up till about 60% then just stops. If I try to re-load the rom it does nothing.

Anyway, this seems to be shaping up into a nice emu.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks.

SSS

neo retired
first of all, you need a slim for cps3. You also need the "no cd" zip of the game files. so, you need sfiii3.zip (60+MB) and sfiii3n.zip (should be in KB size) put both files in rom folder, select sfiii3n.zip. let it make the cache, then select it again.

RSX

n00b
Ah, ok

first of all, you need a slim for cps3. You also need the "no cd" zip of the game files. so, you need sfiii3.zip (60+MB) and sfiii3n.zip (should be in KB size) put both files in rom folder, select sfiii3n.zip. let it make the cache, then select it again.

Ah, ok, that makes sense now. I have been using just the sfiii3.zip (60MB). I didn't know it had another ROM that goes with it.

I will see if I can find the KB sized roms and see how that work.

Thanks for replying man!

Alex