Official Metal Gear Online Thread (usernames, clan talk, strategies,etc)

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Got the Gene Expansion Plus, despite the fact that it kind of blew up Konami's servers. They really need to prepare better.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I just tried to open the MGO shop and it wouldn't work. I tried for 20 minutes to log in, and now I'm just frustrated. Konami says they know there is problems and they are working on them.

The second expansion is coming and I can't buy the first. It's really bad when a company's crap interface won't let you give them money.

I'm pretty frustrated. I really want to try the new maps.

I was planning to play online, but i think I will go back and play the single player again.

Ancient Flounder

15 Year Member
I just tried to open the MGO shop and it wouldn't work. I tried for 20 minutes to log in, and now I'm just frustrated. Konami says they know there is problems and they are working on them.

The second expansion is coming and I can't buy the first. It's really bad when a company's crap interface won't let you give them money.

I'm pretty frustrated. I really want to try the new maps.

I was planning to play online, but i think I will go back and play the single player again.

The second expansion is going to bring back into the game, but yeah, I hope they have their shit sorted out by then. Even Kojima was pretty blunt in saying that the whole Konami ID thing was a bad idea.

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
The second expansion is going to bring back into the game, but yeah, I hope they have their shit sorted out by then. Even Kojima was pretty blunt in saying that the whole Konami ID thing was a bad idea.

I really hope the second expansion gets the game a little bit more popular. I've just tried to log on and was unable to get a game due to lack of players. Really disappointing.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
I really hope the second expansion gets the game a little bit more popular. I've just tried to log on and was unable to get a game due to lack of players. Really disappointing.

I really wanted to like this game, but Konami did everything in their power to turn me off to it. Randomly blocking IP's to minimize their server load for expansion downloads is not the way to do business. Forcing gamers to jump through hoops with multiple accounts/ID's is a bad idea. They need to utilize the PSN integration that's already there for fuck's sake.

Such a shame, because I never got into the old MGO as much as I wanted. I was expecting something different this time around, and what I did get to play was quite fun.

With all the other multiplayer games out now, and coming out over the holidays, I can't see myself dealing with the bullshit just to play this game. :(

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
To double check I bought the Japanese copy of the game. The special edition was on sale 3,000 yen with the bonus 2 hour documentary DVD.

I've logged on and bought the expansion no problem. It must have been not working because I was trying to access it with the American version of the game.

Everything works over here. My name is solid_iake_80 let's play sometime.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
I really wanted to like this game, but Konami did everything in their power to turn me off to it. Randomly blocking IP's to minimize their server load for expansion downloads is not the way to do business. Forcing gamers to jump through hoops with multiple accounts/ID's is a bad idea. They need to utilize the PSN integration that's already there for fuck's sake.

Such a shame, because I never got into the old MGO as much as I wanted. I was expecting something different this time around, and what I did get to play was quite fun.

With all the other multiplayer games out now, and coming out over the holidays, I can't see myself dealing with the bullshit just to play this game. :(

That's pretty much how I feel. I was really looking forward to spending some time on it, but after I actually took time out to set the accounts up, I only ended up playing one game of MGO.

I guess it doesn't help that I'm heavily addicted to Warhawk..

In fact, I played one game of the SOCOM: Confrontation beta the other day, then just fired up Warhawk.

Resistance 2 is going to be amazing online too, so I very much doubt I'll ever play MGO again.

Let's hope Konami learn from their mistakes.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Anyone still on this or has Konami yet to fix the aforementioned problems?

Ancient Flounder

15 Year Member
Actually fired this up in the last few days. Assholes are still rampant, but the interface is a little smoother. Fun to play, but I hate online on PS3.

xorthen

Banned
My user name on MGO is the same as it is here.

I'm at level 9 right now. I was level 12, but it's hard to keep it.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Did they ever fix the issues that came with the last expansion? I haven't bought any of them, and only played a few games online in the first place.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I played a few matches, but never went back. Anyone else still play this?

xorthen

Banned
I played a few matches, but never went back. Anyone else still play this?

I play all the time. The game is hard at first, but once you start to get to higher levels and have actual team work, the game is addicting.

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman
I haven't played in a long time, I'll have to jump on and play some! Anyone play Warhawk? Thats a lot of fun too!

M

mblvshj

im quite confused on how 9/10 times i die from head shot...with m4custom usually

i love the game...and just suck...is there anyone who is willing to play with a noob?(though when the beta was out and when the actual game was released i did quite well)

well either way if anyone wants to play add me... under tehbear

xorthen

Banned
im quite confused on how 9/10 times i die from head shot...with m4custom usually

i love the game...and just suck...is there anyone who is willing to play with a noob?(though when the beta was out and when the actual game was released i did quite well)

well either way if anyone wants to play add me... under tehbear

They are more than likely using assault rifle+3 skill.