Metal Slug and other crap (part deuce)

enomosiki

Hardened Shock Trooper
Rather than beating back a thread that's been sitting dead for over 14 months, I decided to make another one. Hopefully, this one will be able to keep going without stalling.

From the order of earliest to latest;

Flash CS2.
A simple header to keep the viewers' eyes distracted from becoming too bored.

PaintBBS.

PaintBBS.

Photoshop CS2.
F-22A and F-15C in aerial battle. Celshading method was used at first, but I got lazy afterwards and changed it to my regular style.

OpenCanvas 4.06P.
DDG-991 KD-III. I haven't touched water color for at least a decade before working on this one, so the end result turned out to be mediocre.

OpenCanvas 4.06P for outlining and Photoshop CS2 for coloring. I have no comment for this one, minus the fact that the VSS came out horribly, for I suck at celshading.

P-Chat session between some other person (other than myself) who likes to draw Metal Slug shit. She was in the P-Chat first, and already had the outline of Morden and his pet Martian completed. I, on the other hand, couldn't even get a big enough spark to get my creativity going, so I simply mirrored her drawing, but in my style, although the thing simply grew out of hand when I began to dump other characters in there. I never got to color the damned thing, however. Conversation between the two of us was quite awkward, because I can't type for shit in Japanese, while she wasn't literate in English.

Photoshop CS2.
A tribute to Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies. Anyone who has played and beaten the game should know about the theme.

OpenCanvas 4.06P for sketching and outlining, Photoshop CS3 for coloring and finalizing.
Some people were asking if this is some sort of an "implied tentacle rape". I'll leave the answer up to the viewers.

WIP

f15k_wip.jpg

Old screenshot of it in PSCS2. The outlining of it is actually done, but I'm too lazy to open it up and take a screenshot of the current one at the moment.

erigrenadewip.jpg

OpenCanvas 4.06P for outlining and PSCS3 for coloring. Basic coloring is done. I've been working on this picture for more than a year, actually, although I've never gotten past the outlining stage. I just opened this up today and made some minor adjustments and started to color it.

Last edited:

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Neat stuff. I like the illustrations of the Metal Slug women the best, but the jets/ship are cool too.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Rather than beating back a thread that's been sitting dead for over 14 months, I decided to make another one. Hopefully, this one will be able to keep going without stalling.

OpenCanvas 4.06P for outlining and Photoshop CS2 for coloring. I have no comment for this one, minus the fact that the VSS came out horribly, for I suck at celshading.

This is my favorite one, (no surprise), but I'm curious enomosiki, just what kind of assault rifle or sniper rifle is that supposed to be? It has the SVD Dragunov sniper rifle look to it fom the longer buttstock, yet it has the action of the Romanian built SVD clone of the ROMAK-3 PSL, and what appears to be a Soviet era PSO-1 (possibly 2) light up sniper scope. However, the breech assit mechanism looks closer to the PSL's tap-in-system based of the Kalishnikova RPK Light Machine Gun, versus the much different SVD internals. Would you say the rifle drawn is a futuristic version of the PSL and/or SVD, or is it some kind of LMG with an enclosed barrel system (most likely a fixed supressor system) ??? As a firearms & tactics person things like this interest me, even if from a mere drawing. You seem to have a good range of drawing mil-spec stuff, so I'm assuming you might know what I'm getting at.

All of your work is great though, and I remember your older thread.

MERCENARY X99

enomosiki

Hardened Shock Trooper
This is my favorite one, (no surprise), but I'm curious enomosiki, just what kind of assault rifle or sniper rifle is that supposed to be? It has the SVD Dragunov sniper rifle look to it fom the longer buttstock, yet it has the action of the Romanian built SVD clone of the ROMAK-3 PSL, and what appears to be a Soviet era PSO-1 (possibly 2) light up sniper scope. However, the breech assit mechanism looks closer to the PSL's tap-in-system based of the Kalishnikova RPK Light Machine Gun, versus the much different SVD internals. Would you say the rifle drawn is a futuristic version of the PSL and/or SVD, or is it some kind of LMG with an enclosed barrel system (most likely a fixed supressor system) ??? As a firearms & tactics person things like this interest me, even if from a mere drawing. You seem to have a good range of drawing mil-spec stuff, so I'm assuming you might know what I'm getting at.

All of your work is great though, and I remember your older thread.

MERCENARY X99

VSS Vintorez.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
VSS Vintorez.

Ohhh, okay I was wondering what you meant by messing up the VSS. I thought that was some kind of "tool" used for the art composition overall, never heard of that particular rifle, have to go look it up now online. INTERESTING. Keep up the good work though.

MERCENARY X99

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

I can see this becoming a Control Panel Overlay in the future.

enomosiki

Hardened Shock Trooper
P-Chat Death Rally. Another Metal Slug fan named Famiri held a two-day-long P-Chat session and we basically drew the crap out of our minds.

My art is usually located to the left, with Famiri's being on the right side of the image.

Rumi & snail. Never finished it because I had to bolt out;
capture_01.png

Hyakutaro's boxers are where? Famiri had naked Hyakutaro drawn to the left of Marco before I could manage to save the image;
capture_02.png

From excitement to disappointment. If you haven't seen the original photos, (Yes, THOSE photos) then there's a good chance that you won't understand it. We started on this after I mentioned the Metal Slug garage kits;
capture_03.png

Not Metal Slug, but...;
capture_04.png

We were talking about who would be victorious in a cyber battle, Marco or Trevor, during which this was sketched;
capture_05.png

enomosiki

Hardened Shock Trooper
Wow. It's been more than a whole year since I've posted something here.

10 points for the first person to figure out what that cigarette-chomping floating dodgeball is.

capture_07.png

capture_08.png

Another P-Chat Death Rally. Famiri and I probably fooled around for two whole days in the same friggin' drawing session during which those two were drawn.

tankbattlewip.png

KA-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

@M

20 Year Member
None of the images are showing up for me--maybe it's a problem on my end, dunno.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
None of the images are showing up for me--maybe it's a problem on my end, dunno.

It's has to be M because the sketches are very well done! Awesome:buttrock:

@M

20 Year Member
Hmm . . . that's weird. I can see, from my earlier post in this thread in 2008, that I was able to view them before, but now all I get are the little white boxes with the red 'X' in them. Maybe the filtering software my local library uses (which is where I go to get online) has something to do with it.

enomosiki

Hardened Shock Trooper
fio_marco_01.png

Started off as a random oekaki...

fio_marco_02.png

Minor adjustment to her torso...

fio_marco_03.png

I decided to ink it for no reason...

fio_marco_04.png

Fio looked lonely, so I added Marco...

TO BE CONTINUED.

Hmm . . . that's weird. I can see, from my earlier post in this thread in 2008, that I was able to view them before, but now all I get are the little white boxes with the red 'X' in them. Maybe the filtering software my local library uses (which is where I go to get online) has something to do with it.

That's why. Web filtering programs, especially ones used in educational institutions and public places, seems to have put a red flag on my domain, seeing how it contains games and other shit that kids shouldn't see.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
what's with the cell phone

why not a radio, like the one tarma talks in

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Great looking artwork. :) Though I agree with Lonesage, a radio would look better than the cell phone.