Does anyone else use an N-Gage?

lill-c

Dodgeball Yakuza
Picked up a few of these phones over the last month. I have 3 of the first gen and two of the QDs. Just wanted to know if people still game on them?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The controls are just too awkward for me to handle.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
It's actually my cell phone, but I don't play many games on it due to the fact that you have to disassemble it to change games.

The controls for the system could have been better, but there were actually quite a few good games for the system.

lill-c

Dodgeball Yakuza
Well there is a way to have most all of the N-Gage games on one MMC. ;) You need a 2gig MMC. The 2gig card works in the first gen phones not the QDs.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
I had 2 QDs, still have one. Used one as my phone for about 6 months or so. Not up to par with cell phone options today, but Symbian phones were way ahead of their time, and when the QD came out it was actually a pretty sweet phone. I enjoyed it.

The games were a bonus as far as I'm concerned, there were a handful of really good ones too. KOF:Extreme and the Pathway to Glory games in particular ate up a lot of my time between classes and at work :cool:

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
My collection of games and swag:

This photo has everything. In the top left you'll see some media kits that were sent to magazines (screenshots for previews etc.) Taito Memories (also on the left) was never released and this is only an empty shell they had for display at Gamestop.
ngagecollection.png

These were reviewable copies of games that were sent to magazine editors. In the bottom right is a copy of Virtua Cop, a game that was never released.
Untitled.png

I always liked the N-gage and wouldn't mind picking up one of the N-series of phones if I could find one cheap enough.

PS - If the pics are too large let me know and I'll link them.

Last edited:

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Ive had 2 qd's and an original love them. looking to get another one great underated machines.

lill-c

Dodgeball Yakuza
Nice collection fenikso!! I see you live in PP, you should go to the Wagon Wheel and see if apeman video games has anything. I lived in Largo for a few years. I will take a few pics later of what I have so far.

Last edited:

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Nice collection fenikso!! I see you live in PP, you should go to the Wagon Wheel and see if apeman video games has anything. I lived in Largo for a few years. I will take a few pics later of what I have so far.
The apeman is my best friend and gave me most of these as birthday and Christmas presents (sold the rest of them to me pretty cheap, too). In fact the N-gage in this pic is his old one I bought when he got a QD instead.

He no longer does the video game thing and has sold off most of his stuff on ebay.

lill-c

Dodgeball Yakuza
The apeman is my best friend and gave me most of these as birthday and Christmas presents (sold the rest of them to me pretty cheap, too). In fact the N-gage in this pic is his old one I bought when he got a QD instead.

He no longer does the video game thing and has sold off most of his stuff on ebay.

Nice! I bought a Neo home system and a Neo CD system off him years ago when I lived there.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Nice collection!

Let me know how far you get/have gotten in Pocket Kingdom. It was a good game I just couldn't figure out (read: it handed me my ass).

I wouldn't mind laying hands on some of the system's late releases like Citizens of Catan. I'm also on the look out for System Rush. I'm not sure if it was ever released or just ended up being a download.

lill-c

Dodgeball Yakuza
You could always do like I said in the post earlier. If you need help with that LMK. Oh and system rush is on the list. ;)

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
*Blows dust off*

Heh, grabbed one of these today. A local FYE had one for 75% off, so I decided to take the plunge.

I was hoping some of you NGage vets could answer some of my questions.

Does any MMC work in it? I have the first gen, btw.

lill-c

Dodgeball Yakuza
*Blows dust off*

Heh, grabbed one of these today. A local FYE had one for 75% off, so I decided to take the plunge.

I was hoping some of you NGage vets could answer some of my questions.

Does any MMC work in it? I have the first gen, btw.

Nice what did you end up paying for it? To answer your question the ones I have found all work. I have 2 gig MMC in my first gen. The only problem I have with it is it wont see the mem card if I use the usb cable. Thats not a problem because it takes FOREVER to transfer files to it by usb anyway. When you get a MMC format it with the N-Gage full bat or pluged in. It does take a long time to format. If you need more help with it lmk.

Ajax

15 Year Member
I paid $50 for it. It was new, so I figured it wasn't a bad deal.

Not a terrible phone, really.

So, can you change the wallpaper on this thing? :lolz: If you can, and somebody would let me know, I'd be very appreciative.

Last edited:

lill-c

Dodgeball Yakuza
Get into the the menu. Go to tools than settings go to device than standby mode. Select Background image than select device memory or mem card to get you're background.

Ajax

15 Year Member
Thanks a lot!

Got Vnes... I don't know about it... It's not too great. Everybody on forums said that it was the best NES emulator, but if that's true, then none of 'em can possibly be worth a damn.

Ajax

15 Year Member
I won an auction for a QD. I'm excited to get it. I hope it gets here soon.

Got a handful of games in the last few days too. I got:

SSX
Colin Mcrae 2005
Pocket Kingdom
Worms
WWE Aftershock (?)

Not terribly impressed with any of them. SSX is ok, as are Worms and Pocket Kingdom. The load times kill me on Worms.

Is the screen bigger on the QD than the original?

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I won an auction for a QD. I'm excited to get it. I hope it gets here soon.

Got a handful of games in the last few days too. I got:

SSX
Colin Mcrae 2005
Pocket Kingdom
Worms
WWE Aftershock (?)

Not terribly impressed with any of them. SSX is ok, as are Worms and Pocket Kingdom. The load times kill me on Worms.

Is the screen bigger on the QD than the original?
From what I remember the screen is the same size, but higher quality.

Let me know what you think of Pocket Kingdom after you get a little more time put into it. I was enjoying it, but couldn't get very far. I'm trying to decide if I should go back and try it again.

Ajax

15 Year Member
Pocket Kingdom seemed ok. I probably put a couple hours in. I got to Cressence. The internet type humor kinda doesn't really do it for me. I also don't like how after you defeat a castle, if you search again, you'll find it again. Creating items is a little cumbersome, too. I wish you could choose to make an item and the game would check to see if you had the proper materials, instead of having to select each material. It's pretty time consuming.

So far, Worms seems like the best game I've played. It's a solid game.

No QD yet. I think the one I got is locked to Cingular. Any tips on unlocking?