Anyone around the GTA or Tri-city area?

-Hibikster-

Bead Banger
I just moved to Guelph Ontario which is about 20 mins from Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge, 30 mins away from Mississauga, and 1 hour away from Toronto.

I was in a major fighting game drought in London because there was no one there who played fighters, but now that I'm here, I know there are many members near the GTA and Tri-cities areas so it would be great if we can arrange some gaming.

I'm into almost anything fighting by SNK and Capcom, Virtua Fighter and Tekken.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
I realize is very old but I'm new to the forum and live in Waterloo :)

I'm heading to the Video Game Swap meet at RIM park tomorrow BTW. Hoping to trade some Dreamcast for MVS.

http://www.waterloovideogameswap.com/News.htm

Man, I would go if Waterloo wasn't so far away. I have been down to do a meeting for GTA people for a while, but it seems there is never quite enough people. I'm still down if it ever takes place though. I have so many fighting games I could bring.

Yeah a feel the same way about Toronto :p

This Swap was pretty good last year IMHO but I wasn't collecting MVS then so not entirely sure about that aspect. I know at least one vendor will be there with MVS carts.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I'd be down too. Heck, I even posted one of these threads years ago. Anytime you guys are up for a beating, by which I mean me... 'cause I suck at fighting games...I'm down.

I'd be down too. Heck, I even posted one of these threads years ago. Anytime you guys are up for a beating, by which I mean me... 'cause I suck at fighting games...I'm down.

LOL, yep I'm in the same boat! Still enjoy playing over a few beers. Maybe we could set something up in Nov? Anyone else in the tri-city area interested?

mr.2jz

n00b
Bringing this back up, but I'm also in the GTA area. Equal distant from Kitchener or Toronto.

I'd be up for a meet too.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
I just saw this thread now. I'm in Toronto and would be interested in meeting up for some Neo Geo action.
I have a good number of MVS carts if the host doesn't have enough. I don't even mind hosting too if my location is convenient. I have a very nice Big Red in the basement.

Big Red
https://thesegacollection.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/neo-geo-big-red-in-the-collection.jpg

And these are the MVS games I have
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...tOoy3erhlMNxGUvV1AFae-8Uqs/edit#gid=598325597

Mr.2jz I think we might have met at the September Video Game Swap in Waterloo. I just sent you an email now... which is what lead me to this thread.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Why doesn't someone offer to host, pick a date, and then see if others can make it that day? I would, but I don't think my basement apartment is big enough. :lolz: I wouldn't even mind travelling a bit; make a trip out of it too and see what exists outside of Toronto. We could all contribute food and alcohol...which I assume go hand in hand with meetings of this type.

Why doesn't someone offer to host, pick a date, and then see if others can make it that day? I would, but I don't think my basement apartment is big enough. :lolz: I wouldn't even mind travelling a bit; make a trip out of it too and see what exists outside of Toronto. We could all contribute food and alcohol...which I assume go hand in hand with meetings of this type.

You know there's A&C games in town which has an MVS inside if I recall correctly. They have gatherings there for card games, maybe something can be done for the MVS?

In the past, before working full time, there were some Meetups I signed up to on Meetup.com, and this guy would organize console gaming get-togethers at this korean grilled cheese joint on King where each different night would be about a different console. The guy was cool, he had lots of different games for consoles, one night we had Game Cube, another it was Saturn etc. So basically he'd have an understanding with the business that he'd be using their TV to play games on with some people from the meetup, and they trusted us and we could buy food or drinks from them as well of course. Another time, I was in a Meetup for cheap eats in town, and a chinese restaurant actually closed shop specially for us and sold us their food, all you can eat, at a special price, for our group (around 30 people?) and that was cool too.

What I'm trying to say is, I don't know the people at A&C, but maybe me or someone here could eventually check out what they have, whether or not we could have a small group come play around the MVS, and start from there? Could work at least for one first time, I just don't know what they have, whether they still have an MVS, what games, and what model. I could bring some of my MVS games too of course.