Libertadores 2008

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
Anyone else watching this? I'd have made this thread sooner but I just found out now we have a new football forum.

Anyways, looks like Boca is on their way to the semifinals, and to think Atlas were the ones that helped them make it through the group stage. The beating they gave Atlas today was embarrasing, I'm ashamed of it since I'm Mexican and a proud supporter of our clubs, Boca won with superiority.

Anyways, I personally have America as my candidate for the cup. After the epic victory over Flamengo the team has revived and is kicking with a flaming Cabañas.

Out of the 2 games to played today (thursday) I'm going with America and Liga as the winners.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Sad to see that Adriano and Sao Paolo are out.

Nuts to see El Loco got another hattrick.

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
Yes, I have been watching most every game in the cup. My team owed Atlas yesterday and they were lucky we didn't score another 3 goals against them but Boca was playing at 50% after the first half. It was sad to see such a crappy game from Atlas because until yesterdays game they were playing great in the entire cup. I hope to see my team Boca Jr win the entire cup.

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
And like a prophet I was correct in both my predictions, America and Liga to the semifinals.

Liga, incredible (young) team, really the surprise out of the 4 teams remaining IMO. Number 19 Guerron is a fucking beast, he has a bright future ahead of him for sure. Global 2-2, Liga won 5-4 in penalies, really intense match, tho I only managed to catch the last 30 minutes of the game.

America, jesus, what a fucking faggot ref, completely favoring the locals. I was seriously pissed as fuck when he added 5 minutes to the game for no fucking reason. Not to mention he yellowed 4 America players and counted 99% of fouls (the majority unexisting) in favor of the Brazilians. America defended their advantage practically all 90 minutes and Santos pushed and pushed but Ochoa had an incredible performance tonight. Combining both games, America deserved to pass.

And now come the semifinals, things are bound to get hot now indeed!

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
I see boca in finals. Maybe even winning the tournament.

the question i think is, will its rival be america or LDQ?

may the best win, im rooting for america in this game, and boca in the other semi

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
Half time right now and damn those Refs are either bought or are fucking morons, that offside wasnt offside at all and the 10 minutes those cheap ass Brazilians players took advancing the wall on our freekick was BS they all deserved to get yellow carded not just two of them :blow_top:

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
I missed the Boca game since I was busy at the time, and I don't have satellite =P

I'm rooting for Liga now to take the cup. They're a good solid team. And that beast Guerron is surely going to emmigrate to somewhere big. Boca, America, or even possibly Europe.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I was all excited thinking you were talking about America de Cali, but then I realized you are mexican...America de Cali was such an incredible team back in the day!

recon_zero

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I was all excited thinking you were talking about America de Cali, but then I realized you are mexican...America de Cali was such an incredible team back in the day!

:emb: Rodriguez Orejuela :emb:

bakaichi

n00b
America, like USA? isn't that only for finished stars and locals? He seriously cannot be talking about that as somewhere big.

recon_zero

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
In school they taught me that America was the continent not the country.

Ah well.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Seriously?

Damn, I guess some people can't help themselves...from Norway nonetheless...this is dissapointing.

OK moving on; La Copa Libertadores de America is allways been way more heated than any other cup, I guess you can say rivalries are taken to the edge.

This one time in my home town long ago the estadium Pascual Guerrero was taken by storm in a riot out of a game, the worst part though was that one of the "tribunas" couldn't hold the wait of all the commotion and it fell, the worst part of all this is that not even that stopped all the violence...

Copa Libertadores de America: For some reson I allways love saying that, call me crazy if you will.