Man Utd v. Chelsea on ESPN2 at 2:30 5/21

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
wasabi said:
The John Terry slip and fall on his ass is going to get so much internet action. Crouch would be impressed.
i about cried wehn he fell down. it was then i knew it was all over for us.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
VDS was terrible though. He didn't save one pk. If he guessed right, he'd still miss. He guessed wrong a lot though.

And on the one time when Lampard scored, it was more of VDS being shit. Manchester has to replace the old guy.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
wasabi said:
VDS was terrible though. He didn't save one pk. If he guessed right, he'd still miss. He guessed wrong a lot though.

And on the one time when Lampard scored, it was more of VDS being shit. Manchester has to replace the old guy.
yeah but cech was on fire man. every time he stopped the ball i would just show out "he's a fuckin brick wall man!" he was doing some great goal keeping. chelsea was on fire all that second half really. we just didn't have the aim. we took how many goal shots the second half? we just really lacked the aim and ability to get those shots in. i'll say this much though, had it gone to a golden goal situation instead of penalty kicks i think we'd have won it. chelsea sucks at penalty kicks. especially when the pitch is half grass, half astroturf, cold, russian, and waterlogged.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
yeah but cech was on fire man. every time he stopped the ball i would just show out "he's a fuckin brick wall man!" he was doing some great goal keeping. chelsea was on fire all that second half really. we just didn't have the aim. we took how many goal shots the second half? we just really lacked the aim and ability to get those shots in. i'll say this much though, had it gone to a golden goal situation instead of penalty kicks i think we'd have won it. chelsea sucks at penalty kicks. especially when the pitch is half grass, half astroturf, cold, russian, and waterlogged.

Your shots weren't on target.

I'm going to go out on a limb here - Saha should have been playing today instead of Tevez. Saha only seems to play well when Manchester is ahead, but as such, after CR17's opener, Saha would have connected on every shot that Tevez flopped. Tevez was fucking terrible. With Saha, the score would have been 4-1.

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
wasabi said:

True but he saved the one that counted and for that he'll always be remembered by the Man U fans.

2point0

NEST Puppet
wasabi said:

Didn't get to watch the whole game yet, but I saw Lampard's goal and that wasn't the keeper's fault. It was a lucky bounce to Lampard off one of the ManU player's back or leg and it would have been harder to miss that shot from that range.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
2point0 said:
Didn't get to watch the whole game yet, but I saw Lampard's goal and that wasn't the keeper's fault. It was a lucky bounce to Lampard off one of the ManU player's back or leg and it would have been harder to miss that shot from that range.

The Lampard goal was a collection of bad mistakes, most of which the blame goes against Rio. There should not have been such a cluster fuck in the box in the first place. But overall, VDS tended to dive inappropriately. I'm not a big fan.

2point0

NEST Puppet
I'll try to watch the game this weekend to see what you're saying. And while I would have preferred if Tim Howard stayed at ManU, if only because he's from the US, I've actually been a fan of VDS since watching the Ajax teams that played in the champions league in the mid 90's. Those teams were awesome.

One thing about VDS is that he's so funny looking it's hard for me not to root for him. Just look at the physical differences between Cech and VDS. Cech looks like an athlete that could play anything he wants to at a high level. VDS is tall, lanky and awkward looking, but he is deceptively athletic. He looks like he should only be able to move like Peter Crouch, but he can still get to the ball most of the time. He is getting older as exhibited by an awkward face plant in the second leg of the barca semi-final, but keepers tend to be effective into their late 30's.

All that VDS love being laid out, I think Cech is the best keeper and he's about 10 years younger than VDS. I just wish Cech didn't play for Chelsea. I don't care for their style of play, management or their players much.
wasabi said:
The Lampard goal was a collection of bad mistakes, most of which the blame goes against Rio. There should not have been such a cluster fuck in the box in the first place. But overall, VDS tended to dive inappropriately. I'm not a big fan.

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
It makes u sick to read all the english newspapers full of that self indulgent thug John Terrys tears. What an arsehole!
he spat in someones face and was responsible for the whole "gang fight" at the end of extra time. He's always in the papers for his drinking and gambling and he always fucks up in big matches. yet its ronaldo the papers pick on as the guy who doesnt perform in big matches (wtf).

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
I already knew Ronaldo was going to miss the penalty shot before he even shot it, I just knew it, all the pressure was on him.

And I also knew Man U was going to win regardless.

Call them soccer intuitions, the 7th sense maybe.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
It makes u sick to read all the english newspapers full of that self indulgent thug John Terrys tears. What an arsehole!
he spat in someones face and was responsible for the whole "gang fight" at the end of extra time. He's always in the papers for his drinking and gambling and he always fucks up in big matches. yet its ronaldo the papers pick on as the guy who doesnt perform in big matches (wtf).

Terry's a fucking machine.
There's no better central defense in England clubs ( maybe european ) than Chelsea's one ( Terry + Carvalho that is)

Overall, I think Man Utd deserved to win for the whole match.
It's true they got 2 balls hitting the post and the bar, but if that is luck, what was Lampard goal and Tevez big miss from Ronaldo's cross when it was 1-0 ?

2-0 and it would just have ended in the first half...