Ryan Babel (Liverpool)
Klaas Jan Huntelaar (Ajax)
xDanny Koevermans (PSV) - cut
Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool)
Ruud van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid)
Robin van Persie (Arsenal)
Arjen Robben (Real Madrid)
Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink (Celtic)

Not a big fan of Marco Van Basten's managing. I don't see them doing shit this year.

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
Why isnt Jaap Stam in?

The dutch had one of the strongest squads ever in 1998 and 2000. at least now van basten is starting to pick the big names he dropped previously like Van Nistelrroy and Seedorf.

But it tells you something about how the glory days of the 1990's crop are over for Holland, when u see men like Jan Venegoor ,Oiijer,Van Bronkhuorst, Boulharouz, Melchiot and Dirk Kuyt in the squad.

Still they have some promising youngsters like Van Persie and Babel so i dont think they will go through the slump Germany had during 1998-2001

Last edited:

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Wasabi is right about van Basten.We either go out the 1st round or we make it to the finals(yeah right).And i thought that Seedorf cancelled because he doesn't want to play for van Basten.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Why isnt Jaap Stam in?

The dutch had one of the strongest squads ever in 1998 and 2000. at least now van basten is starting to pick the big names he dropped previously like Van Nistelrroy and Seedorf.

But it tells you something about how the glory days of the 1990's crop are over for Holland, when u see men like Jan Venegoor ,Oiijer,Van Bronkhuorst, Boulharouz, Melchiot and Dirk Kuyt in the squad.

Still they have some promising youngsters like Van Persie and Babel so i dont think they will go through the slump Germany had during 1998-2001

Seedorf is out. Melchiot and Van Persie are both injured.

Van Nistelrooij is a good person to have on the squad, and overall, this is one of the most offensive squads around (Sneijder, VDV, Robben, RVN, and Kuijt). But defensively I find it a weak team. Mind you it may be interesting with Heitinga as defensive midfielder. Overall I don't have a lot of hope for the team.

Jaap Stam is old. He could probably play better than the other guys on the team, but he's very injury prone right now, and, as a result, retired.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Here's the updated team, with numbers.

01. Edwin van der Sar
02. André Ooijer
03. John Heitinga
04. Joris Mathijsen
05. Giovanni van Bronckhorst
06. Demy de Zeeuw
07. Robin van Persie
08. Orlando Engelaar
09. Ruud van Nistelrooy
10. Wesley Sneijder
11. Arjen Robben
12. Mario Melchiot
13. Henk Timmer
14. Wilfred Bouma
15. Tim de Cler
16. Maarten Stekelenburg
17. Nigel de Jong
18. Dirk Kuijt
19. Klaas-Jan Huntelaar
20. Ibrahim Afellay
21. Ryan Babel
22. Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink
23. Rafael van der Vaart

2point0

NEST Puppet
all that individual talent.

I'm a sucker for big name players (deserved or not and optimistically ignoring injury history) and I think this team has a good chance to make it to the second round ahead of either France or Italy. I haven't seen them play since the 2006 world cup, when they were kind of bad, but how can a team with all that attacking power not do well.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
all that individual talent.

I'm a sucker for big name players (deserved or not and optimistically ignoring injury history) and I think this team has a good chance to make it to the second round ahead of either France or Italy. I haven't seen them play since the 2006 world cup, when they were kind of bad, but how can a team with all that attacking power not do well.

We have van Basten as coach:crying:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
As long as Van Basten takes into consideration the players he has available before setting up his formation, then Oranje have a chance. MVB has had problems trying to force the team into a 4-3-3 when it shouldn't be. Everyone else wants a 4-5-1 or a 4-2-3-1.

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
Posted by Wasabi "Van Nistelrooij is a good person to have on the squad

:rolleyes: eh?! he just scored 22 goals in 30 games for Real Madrid this season and is by some distance the best and most proven striker the Dutch have.Also he had a injuries earlier in the season and will be a lot more fresh than certain others. Hardly just a squad player.