Speakers to use with an MVS board? (Jamma?)

EVIL NICK

ALL CAPS,
20 Year Member
I was wondering what kind of speakers to use with an MVS board ( 4 ohms or 8 ohms ), so I wouldn't fry the amp?

Thanks in advance...

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
The originals (in my cabs at least) are 8 ohm

[ January 08, 2003: Message edited by: ttooddddyy ]</p>

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Having said that the specs for the HA 13001 have the impeadance as 4 Ohm, I would say either will work OK.

Retrogamer

Troller of Old Men,
20 Year Member
If you use a line out converter you can use any speakers you please , its worth it for 10$ at Radio Shack .

Nightmare Tony

*Account control passed, on to Tony's family.Ex Ro
two 4 ohms for stereo, a single 8 ohm for mono, but ONLy on a one slot which has mono setting...

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
My cabs have 4 ohm speakers as well. Actually I am not sure about Night Striker, I need to check on that one,

-Nick

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Nightmare Tony:
<strong>two 4 ohms for stereo, a single 8 ohm for mono, but ONLy on a one slot which has mono setting...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Is that the standard? So, if I am setting up a JAMMA cab I should have a 8 ohm speaker setup for Mono? Just want to make sure, since I am planning on getting rid of my big conversion standup and getting a candy for Jamma stuff, I don't want to kill a speaker or sound amp.... although I should be fine with two speakers at 4ohms in that cab right?

-Nick

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Two 4-ohm speakers for stereo? I thinks it's 8 ohm, even the manuals say so...in a mono (Jamma) cab you can have two 4 ohm speakers wired serially (total impedence = 8 ohms) or two 16 ohm speakers wired in parallel (total impedence = 8 ohms). My jamma cabs have the 1st option. But a stereo MVS cab will have two 8-ohm speakers unless I'm missing something...

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Ive double checked my mvs cabs they have 8 ohms per channel,they are definately the original speakers.
The spec sheet on the HA 13001 says nominal imp of 4 ohms per channel. I will scan it and put it up for reference.
Running 8 ohms speakers on a 4 ohm output is no problem visa versa may cause overheating, thermal runaway and a sad day :(

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Unable to find the hard copy, but found this, which illustrates the point. Mono or stereo the IC is designed to run into 4 ohms yet the stereo mvs cabs are fitted with 8 ohm speakers.(which is fine)

<a href="http://www.boomspeed.com/ttooddddyy/HA13001.gif" target="_blank">http://www.boomspeed.com/ttooddddyy/HA13001.gif</a>