Neo Bomberman authentic US/UK label?

lowerlevels

Not-so-Bashful Neophyte,
Thank you for the explanations. I now believe that this cart is a bootleg. My father owns an arcade company and I have started selling surplus items and I have been doing research on everything and ran into a blank wall regarding the U.S Neo Bomberman. I didn't know how to price it and there is someone selling the U.S Neo Bomberman for two hundred dollars on a particular site. It seems that it's a bootleg, especially with the poor quality of the mini marquee. I also believe that a Real Bout Fatal Fury Special Cart that I have is also a bootleg, also coming from the same distributor. The mini marquee is of poor quality just as the Neo Bomberman. The other carts that I have which have a high quality mini marquee must be authentic. So, if one has the mini marquee, that appears to be a good litmus for whether the cart is a bootleg, essentially the quality level of the mini marquee.

Is it illegal to sell a bootleg cart on Ebay? Of course I would label the item as being a bootleg cart so as not to be a criminal.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If you're selling bootlegs, people can report you.

One way to unload them is to offer the boots as freebies for people who buys a genuine cart from you.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Thank you for the explanations. I now believe that this cart is a bootleg. My father owns an arcade company and I have started selling surplus items and I have been doing research on everything and ran into a blank wall regarding the U.S Neo Bomberman. I didn't know how to price it and there is someone selling the U.S Neo Bomberman for two hundred dollars on a particular site. It seems that it's a bootleg, especially with the poor quality of the mini marquee. I also believe that a Real Bout Fatal Fury Special Cart that I have is also a bootleg, also coming from the same distributor. The mini marquee is of poor quality just as the Neo Bomberman. The other carts that I have which have a high quality mini marquee must be authentic. So, if one has the mini marquee, that appears to be a good litmus for whether the cart is a bootleg, essentially the quality level of the mini marquee.

Is it illegal to sell a bootleg cart on Ebay? Of course I would label the item as being a bootleg cart so as not to be a criminal.

just because the MM is fake doenst mean the cart is, or the MM being real and the cart being a boot. the best way to determine whether its a boot or not is to go here... open the cart and check the boards ;)
http://mvs.gotwalls.com/index.php/Main_Page#Games_-_PCB

lowerlevels

Not-so-Bashful Neophyte,
Thanks Panda. I found out that World Wide Video had been targeted in a F.B.I sting on behalf of SNK USA, regarding piracy. I will open up the cartridges, though I am uncertain how to keep the label intact.

Edit: Thanks Panda. You are absolutely correct. The Real Bout Fatal Fury Special had a cheap MM but the board , through looking at the MVS scan appears to be 100 percent legit. So, anyone who might have faulty thinking as I had, one really needs to open up the cartridge to find out whether the cart is a boot or not.

Edit: Ok, I opened up the neobomberman cart and now I have a mystery. The boards have SNK written on them, but the chips appear to be intel flash yet some of the chips seem original. I checked the MVS scan and they are indeed very different from this PCB.

c5f94258.jpg

24c832e6.jpg

I am guessing boot as it has flash chips but not sure if that's a hallmark of a boot.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Full on boot. Even the PCM, 273 and ZMC are fakes.