Firearm enthusiast thread

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I really don't think a meaningful ban on anything will be coming.

I'm 50/50 this time and I'm not normally one to dawn the tinfoil hat. If there has been a chance of another 1994'ish ban, this is the closest we've been to one that I've seen. Well see though, if it happens it will be quick, patriot act quick. Either way, I feel safe saying that well know either way in less than 8 weeks...

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

If I were a holder of one of those permits, I would sue the living shit out of that publisher. I'm not normally one for suing but in this case...that is complete and total bullshit. You do not follow laws, play by the rules and do the right thing only to have you personal information spewed on the Internet like your some sort of sex offender...how disgusting...

The AP tried pulling that shit here in Illinois (full disclosure of FOID cards) and the pinko cunt Lisa Madigan was going to allow it until they figured out all police in this state have to have one and you'd effectively be giving criminals personal information to every cop in the state. It got shot down in court because of that...I was offended that we, the common citizens didn't matter but at least it was turned down.

What has happened in New York is plain and simple, direct violation of rights.

It is this reason why I am so against registering of firearms...the ability of people to turn on you in a split second and have all of your personal information on hand...big time no-no...

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
No...but it's a bit dated so I decided to delete it...but figuring so many saw it, I'll put it back up.

I'm just saying that with dozens of conflicting reports, still no mention of the other shooters/ accomplices, no credible eyewitness accounts, no video footage of the school and a coroner that can't answer the simplest of questions. None of it adds up.

Last edited:

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
4 S&W M&P 15/22 mags & a Redi-Mag adaptor on the way...

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
I'm glad I have a half dozen 30 round mags already. :) Bought 'em dirt cheap over a year ago.

Also glad I built my own AR. I did it with a Cavalry Arms lower and parts I bought all over the place doing bargain shopping. Ended up building it for less than $600 and I can empty a 30 round mag into an 8" gong at 100 yards with iron sights. Need to put some type of scope or red-dot on it one day.

Santa brought me two gunsafes this year. One is biometric and allows me to keep a weapon secure, yet close by and the other one is a code locking one and will allow me to stash my carry weapon in the car safely if I go shopping or dining at a place that doesn't allow weapons.

HellioN

20 Year Member
IMAG0069_1-1.jpg

Just got it today.
Remington 870, 1953 date code.
Do some research before I decide what to do with it.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Looks like I nailed down an AR lower for $75! I know a local guy who is a FFL and trustworthy, he deals lowers to,quite a few people, including many of my buddies. He's getting a confirmed shipment in next week and I made the short list, he's also agreed not to price gouge like many others...sweet.

I should have bought one a while ago, I've been wanting to do a .300 AAC build for some time now but never got around to it.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Who has uppers in stock?

Nobody.

What I don't get is the run on them...or ammo for that matter. If they do ban things, it will be the registered lower that dictates what you can and cannot buy to put on it...not the upper. It would be classified as "Pre ban" therefore you're free to add a "Pre ban" confined upper to it any time you like...years from now if you like. Going coo coo for coca puffs on the uppers is really pointless.

The same goes with ammo...why are people buying up ammo like crazy? Again, they're not going to ban it, why buy so much of it? All they're accomplishing is price gouging and shortages for a good year+ to come. After Obama was elected in 2008, it literally took 2 years for ammo prices to come done (wh ich they never did fully) but to be available on shelves.

On top of that, the odd/less popular handgun rounds outside of 9mm, .40 S&W or .45 auto were damn near impossible to find. Stuff like .357 magnum, .44 magnum or even .38 spcl were hard to come by because manufacturers switched to making the more popular stuff...

HellioN

20 Year Member
I agree for the most part.
If your going to be panic buying anything it should be mags & lowers.
The rest of it is just pure stupidity, As I witnessed at the gun show today.
$1090 Wasr 10 aks.
$1300 DPMS Sporticals.
$60 Pmags & $500 stripped lowers.
Madness.

Snuh

Sieger's Squire
I think the FNH five-seven is also on the chopping block this time around :(