Firearm enthusiast thread

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Loved that Saiga 12 there. Was it a Tromix mod model? They are getting prohibitively expensive around here.

Hahaha yeah they are awesome...luckily for me I don't have to worry because they don't allow "AK-47 derivatives" in Banada.

Speaking of badassed semi-auto shotties....
Anyone know when SRM is gonna get off the pot and release this?

I ask firearms instructors, Canadians on gun forums, and dudes who work in the RCMP and they are putting me on an emotional rollercoaster ride here; In Canada a semi-auto shotgun can't hold more than 5 rounds in a magazine...but this thing holds 16.

However, things get sketchy with the definition of a magazine...for all intents and purposes you have 4 tube magazines holding 4 rounds in 1 integral housing.

4 trigger pulls = 4 shots, then manual operation is required to index to the next 4 rounds.

Might have to petition for an exemption if Canada says no to these. :mad:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
There's only one gun that steals my heart everytime I see it; Magnum 44. My dad used to own one and I got to use it plenty of times at a range, but I never really got the fever to go and get one.

I had a 38 special for many years, but I never really used it, not even at the range or anything. My dedication with guns fell when I let my permit expire. One of these days I might come back, but I'll stick with revolvers, I'm not a big fan of automatics, I heard more accidents happen with this type of pistols.

What I do still own is a Carabine that I purchased from a friend, it looked rad so I bought it, but since I moved (Like 14 months ago) I haven't gotten it out of storage. Maybe soon, it does work too!

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Heh, Looks like some fun there.
I think you live on the other side of the state from me tho. (St. Louis here) so I most likely would have missed it anyway. :crying:

HellioN, look what you missed.

No, these people are not me, but I was there and had a great time.

HK MP5K submachine gun.
http://www.youtube.com/v/-JlqxqzAGOk&hl=en

Short barrelled, semi-auto 12 ga.
http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc223/johncarter31/crossfire/?action=view&current=100_1761.flv

9mm suppressed submachine gun.
http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc223/johncarter31/crossfire/?action=view&current=100_1776.flv

Suppressed short barrelled 9mm AR-15.
http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc223/johncarter31/crossfire/?action=view&current=100_1777.flv
100_1780.jpg

Suppressed 22 cal pen gun.
100_1783.jpg

Suppressed full auto Uzi.
100_1779.jpg

Full auto Ruger 10/22.
100_1774.jpg

Funk Buddy

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Yep I'm in KC, but one guy came from Columbia. It was worth it just to hear the suppresed stuff. Makes me want to get off my ass and get a C&R so I can buy one once the law goes into effect in August.

I'm going shooting over the forth and plan on burning through 200 + .223 and plenty of 9mm, .40 & .45 too.:buttrock:

HellioN

20 Year Member
Yep I'm in KC, but one guy came from Columbia. It was worth it just to hear the suppresed stuff. Makes me want to get off my ass and get a C&R so I can buy one once the law goes into effect in August.

I'm going shooting over the forth and plan on burning through 200 + .223 and plenty of 9mm, .40 & .45 too.:buttrock:

Only 200?
Come on you can do better than that.:D

Funk Buddy

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Only 200?
Come on you can do better than that.:D

Since my dad will not buy ammo online to save some money, we're paying $760 per 1000 and Walmart.:oh_no:

Had a good time shooting until some local hillbillys showed up with a shot gun and bow and arrow. It's a handgun and rifle range dumbass!

HellioN

20 Year Member
Fucking morons.
Why don't you order some ammo on-line yourself then?

Funk Buddy

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Why don't you order some ammo on-line yourself then?

I will at some point, but I'm saving for some kind of optic for the AR right now. Plus, I've been buying a bunch of handgun ammo as of late and forget about the AR. Then, there's the 62 in a 45 speeding ticket I got on the 4th to pay too.:mad:

HellioN

20 Year Member
Oops.
I actually quit buying ammo in order to save for reloading equipment.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Anyone know anything about "less lethal" ammuntion?

Some of the 12 gauge shotgun stuff looks interesting, plastic pellets, bean bags, even saw a pepper spray cartridge.

Maybe load a shotgun with a "less lethal" round for the first shot then have the regular rounds afterwards?

Of course in a home defense situation i'd be too worried that i'd hit a tough motherfucker with a bean bag and it wouldn't take him out and that he'd then shoot my ass - whereas had I just blasted him with a regular round he'd be dead and i'd be alive.

I'd imagine most of the less lethal shit would probably kill a man anyway if he were only a few feet away (3 to 5?).

Last edited:

Funk Buddy

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I'm not sure about civilians owning those rounds. People have been killed with the rubber bullets. No matter the round, if it's judged a good shoot it's a good shoot. The problem with the OC rounds in the house is you're going to get a bunch too at close range.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I'm not sure about civilians owning those rounds. People have been killed with the rubber bullets. No matter the round, if it's judged a good shoot it's a good shoot. The problem with the OC rounds in the house is you're going to get a bunch too at close range.

Oh for sure, the "less lethal" stuff will drop a man dead if at the right range.

I was wondering from a legal aspect, however, if you engaged a criminal in your home with a less-than-lethal round if that wouldn't look better from a self-defense standpoint.

I saw on one website they couldn't ship the bean bag and rubber ammo to quite a few states.

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this stuff.

I haven't really looked into the legal aspects of it much. Probably wouldn't buy any anyway.

Funk Buddy

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Oh for sure, the "less lethal" stuff will drop a man dead if at the right range.

I was wondering from a legal aspect, however, if you engaged a criminal in your home with a less-than-lethal round if that wouldn't look better from a self-defense standpoint.

I saw on one website they couldn't ship the bean bag and rubber ammo to quite a few states.

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this stuff.

I haven't really looked into the legal aspects of it much. Probably wouldn't buy any anyway.

A lot of folks (when talking about handgun selfdefense rounds) recommend carrying the same type as your local law enforcement. Then, when you go to court and the scumbags lawyer tries to nail you for "killer" hollowpoints you can point out it's what the police use. I'll have to see if I can find any info on using them.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
A lot of folks (when talking about handgun selfdefense rounds) recommend carrying the same type as your local law enforcement. Then, when you go to court and the scumbags lawyer tries to nail you for "killer" hollowpoints you can point out it's what the police use. I'll have to see if I can find any info on using them.

Ha! I'll keep that in mind.

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
any of you guys ever heard of surefire self-defense flashlights?

they are small enough to fit in your hand and can deliver a 120 lumen blast of light (equivalent to a 5 D-cell maglite) and have semi-sharpened "teeth" around the edge of end. basically, some guy attacks you in the dark, you blast him with the high beams and while he is disoriented or trying to cover his eyes you can take a chunk out of his skull with the end of the light.

pic:
E2DLED_large.jpg

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
any of you guys ever heard of surefire self-defense flashlights?

they are small enough to fit in your hand and can deliver a 120 lumen blast of light (equivalent to a 5 D-cell maglite) and have semi-sharpened "teeth" around the edge of end. basically, some guy attacks you in the dark, you blast him with the high beams and while he is disoriented or trying to cover his eyes you can take a chunk out of his skull with the end of the light.

Oh shit...that thing is nasty...I bet the price is equally as nasty...tactical flashlights are never cheap.

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
that model goes for around 130$

it is dual output so it gives off 5 lumen normally and then 120 lumen when the situation calls for it. the batteries last around 70 hours on the 5 lumen setting and under 2 hours on the 120 lumen setting:tickled:

im seriously considering buying one. the thought of a 100 dollar flashlight would have made me laugh before but im really lusting over this thing right now. i checked their website for local dealers and im gonna stop by one today and check it out

HellioN

20 Year Member
They are damn good lights.
Well worth the money.

khyron

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

I dont know what cops shoot but if they are FMJs then they are more likely to penetrate wall and possibly put others at risk. Hollow points dont pass through solid objects as easily. Just be sure to hit what you are shooting at ;)

The Drizzle

Whip's Subordinate
Where can I find out what specific stuff is illegal in NJ? I know I can read through pages and pages of legal mumbojumbo and still not understand what the fuck is what. Are there any websites that list specific guns that are outlawed? Rifle and handgun. I've been interested in a WASR-10 but it looks like they might be illegal here.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Where can I find out what specific stuff is illegal in NJ? I know I can read through pages and pages of legal mumbojumbo and still not understand what the fuck is what. Are there any websites that list specific guns that are outlawed? Rifle and handgun. I've been interested in a WASR-10 but it looks like they might be illegal here.

Generally I find the NRA-ILA to be a good source on what is and what isn't legal based on their state law guides.

I've found them to be reliable and accurate, at least so far as my state is concerned.

NJ guide:

http://www.nraila.org/media/misc/nj.htm

The fact remains though that if you're going to be a law abiding firearm owner then you are going to have to wade through a little bit of legal BS especially if your state is more stringent on firearm ownership.

I agree with Hellion about AR-15.com. I lurk there from time to time and the site is simply a wealth of knowledge on all subjects. I particularly like the AR builds they do over there, some fucking awesome stuff.

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
well i took the plunge and ordered one of those flashlights that i posted earlier. im pretty excited to see it:cool: