Firearm enthusiast thread

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
So WWII just threw up on my dining room table...
152177.jpeg

Recent score? Then thats kind of puke I would like to clean up.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Recent score? Then thats kind of puke I would like to clean up.

Yep, just picked em up last night.
Guy knew what he had but just kept cutting deals. I kept picking stuff out till I ran out of cash.
He has more, including some Webly's, Garands, & a 1917 Enfield. All of which I'm pretty sure I'm going to try and go back for.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Yep, just picked em up last night.
Guy knew what he had but just kept cutting deals. I kept picking stuff out till I ran out of cash.
He has more, including some Webly's, Garands, & a 1917 Enfield. All of which I'm pretty sure I'm going to try and go back for.

Nice... :keke:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I haven't posted here in some time...

Still on my revolver kick, I tend to do stuff like that. Last spring, I got back in the 44 magnum business by getting a S&W 629 4", in July I picked up another Charter, this one a 9mm Putbull. It didn't take long for me to once again find out my eyes are poop and that I shoot far better with a red dot, so I popped on a more robust PA tube red dot on the 629. I don't have confidence that the Burris I have on my 627 would handle 44 magnum figuring that .357 magnum will throw its alignment off (that 627 is now used for .38 spcl only).

Here's a recent shot fo the 629 and the Pitbull wearing some new grips I picked up form Altamont:

yiSdP5P.jpg

*EDIT*
I'm guessing someone may ask, so I'll just try to answer and questions about that Pitbull.

-This is the 5-shot version, the older ones were 6 and I guess there were issues with the cylinder design
-It doesn't take moon clips, it has a nifty detent system for holding the rounds in place
-It runs like a champ, I've been shooting it all summer and it has no issues
-It tends to like heavier rounds, especially 9mm NATO 124gr FMJ
-I need to take a bore brush with me to the range as the cylinder needs to be cleaned about ever 50rds give or take
-I got it for a steal, brand new for $370

Last edited:

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
:D
yep!
the best i could use for maximum stopping power, such as 50 caliber pistols and shotguns.
not counting AP rounds for rifles and gmpg's.(there's no way any human on this planet can pistolwhip an antiarmour bullet into a tank single-handedly.)
not IF, but WHEN ENGLAND sorts it's shit out, we WILL be equipped... :D

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
yep!
the best i could use for maximum stopping power, such as 50 caliber pistols and shotguns.
not counting AP rounds for rifles and gmpg's.(there's no way any human on this planet can pistolwhip an antiarmour bullet into a tank single-handedly.)

Playing Call of Duty does not equal combat experience, so stop talking like you know anything.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
DICKHEAD!

moron!
this isn't a game, nor have i played that couch-potato bs.....even though game does look good.
:D :p
what does that have to do with the subject at hand?
(what a TWAT! :thevt: )

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
yep!

Big Bore shit .454, .500, .50AE etc is not meant for defense against other humans, you open yourself up to all kinds of criminal and civil liabilities.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Big Bore shit .454, .500, .50AE etc is not meant for defense against other humans, you open yourself up to all kinds of criminal and civil liabilities.

Yeah...you're 100% correct. Most of the real hard hitting big bore rounds are not designed for self defense. 44 special? Sure. 500 S&W? No way.

I wouldn't even consider using my 44 magnum for personal defense and it pales in comparison to most modern mega powerful large bore handgun rounds.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,

He's talking out his ass anyway.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Yeah...you're 100% correct. Most of the real hard hitting big bore rounds are not designed for self defense. 44 special? Sure. 500 S&W? No way.

I wouldn't even consider using my 44 magnum for personal defense and it pales in comparison to most modern mega powerful large bore handgun rounds.

I would still be paranoid to use a 44 special for self defense too. I have a Smith & Wesson SD9 for protection. My others are only big bore wall hanger range toys

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I would still be paranoid to use a 44 special for self defense too. I have a Smith & Wesson SD9 for protection. My others are only big bore wall hanger range toys

Eh, a 44spcl, give or take, is the same as a 45 auto. You're only getting sub 1000 FPS from a short barrel revolver. It's such low velocity that you're better off using hard cast "slugs" than some hollow-point that won't expand when moving that slowly.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Eh, a 44spcl, give or take, is the same as a 45 auto. You're only getting sub 1000 FPS from a short barrel revolver. It's such low velocity that you're better off using hard cast "slugs" than some hollow-point that won't expand when moving that slowly.

Welcome back BTW smoke!

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
My edc for a while has been this cz75 compact but im finding it impractical both with printing and comfort. I looked at the shield but really didn't like the trigger on it at the range, you got any suggestions smoke?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
My edc for a while has been this cz75 compact but im finding it impractical both with printing and comfort. I looked at the shield but really didn't like the trigger on it at the range, you got any suggestions smoke?

Carry is tough...and something that I haven't come up with a solid answer for just yet.

Open carry is one game, I'd carry my SA XD sub compact. Carrying it concealed? No freaking way.

I've gone over this, and over this, and over this again, you're not the first to ask me my opinion on it either. I'll warn you, my thoughts aren't the most popular.

For maximum comfort? I'd carry this in my pocket:

https://northamericanarms.com/shop/firearms/naa-22m/

It weighs in at 6.5oz, is very small, carries a near 0% chance of an AD. Will it "drop" someone? Nope, I doubt it. Will it make a vast majority of people piss their pants when you shove that in the gut and pop them with it? You bet.

Want slightly larger, but just as reliable? Here:

https://www.ruger.com/products/lcr/specSheets/5456.html

17.2oz, 9mm.

MAC did a great video on .38, .357, and 9mm from a short barrel revolver:

I think you'll be surprised at how well a 9mm performs from a small revolver...

See, I have this thing against micro semi autos. They're difficult to shoot, highly uncomfortable to shoot, take a tone of time to master, and tend to jam in self defense situations.

First off, few will really take the needed time to get good with a micro semi, because they just flat out suck to shoot. Second, they are easy to limp wrist being that small, jamming them is easier than you think. Third, in real up close and personal business, the gut shot will give you a huge chance of jamming.

Just my thoughts on it, take it for what it is.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
That 22 is too deringer for me but the 9mm wheel is something I hadn't really considered before. It actually makes a lot of sense if I can feel comfortable with it, I might try a few and see if I can't find something I can get a good grouping with. Thanks for the suggestion.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
That 22 is too deringer for me but the 9mm wheel is something I hadn't really considered before. It actually makes a lot of sense if I can feel comfortable with it, I might try a few and see if I can't find something I can get a good grouping with. Thanks for the suggestion.

The 22 is really just a tiny belly gun, down and dirty. It's so light that you can put it in your pocket with ease. Its a huge compromise in many ways, but for many that don't want to tuck a gun into their pants (or shorts), that is one you can carry with you and darn not know it's even there.

I always think of the statement of "the gun you have on you is always 100% better than the one you leave at home".

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I would look at the Glock 42 and 43's. I absolutely love my 42. With the +1 mag extension (which lets me fit my entire hand on the grip), it handles remarkably like a full size gun (which not many small carry guns can say). We have the little 5" steel plate horizontal trees at my club, and I can bang 6 of them in a row (and reset the targets with the 7th) no problem at (think it's 10 or 15 yards), and do it quickly (which I've never been able to do fast with other tiny guns). 380 ACP is a smaller round, but the new loads are no slouches, especially if you'll actually carry the gun with you because of it's smaller size.

The Glock 43 in 9mm really does feel quite a bit bigger (which just comparing the specs you wouldn't think it would), and I find the extra 5 ounces is noticeable believe it or not (I like to not even notice a gun when I'm carrying it - and the Glock 42 I honestly do forget about).

P.S. CZ75 compact really is a nice gun. Absolutely loved the CZ Custom Shop SP01 Shadow target we had too.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
i had the Glock 42 as well, definitely nice to carry and shoot