Firearm enthusiast thread

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I was posting on a cycling forum and typed the word "gun"...their fucking filter system actually censored the word "GUN" and displayed it as ******

What in the hell is wrong with people? When did we get to the point where the word gun is considered a cuss word?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
One of my buds is giving me a killer deal on a Glock 26, Gen 3. I've shot the lil bastard before. Great piece and it's served him well.

I'm stoked.

It even has night sights on it already.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member

CCW qualification targets.
Revolver and pistol.
Not much to the test, 21 feet, 15 hits out of 20, anywhere in the blue on a B27 target.
Never used either of the guns I took the test with. Ruger MK3 & an SP101. (Both were .22LR)
MK3 was slick, I threw that first shot high & I knew it immediately.
The SP101 had a super gritty trigger that was a little on the heavy side.
Both were filthy & had an unholy amount of rounds fired through them.
The fact that they both functioned is a testament to their ruggedness.
Definitely has me looking into the SP101.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Welcome to the club:cool:

HellioN

20 Year Member

Latest update, just didn't like the fixed stock.
Honestly, this is quickly becoming my favorite rifle.
Other than better sling mounts & MAYBE a flashlight, I don't think this one will be changing much.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
On mobile now so I will provide a better Post later with links + analysis/implications. But I have good news:

A Federal Eastern District Judge of California has ruled that as it stands CA's 10 day waiting period on the purchase of firearms is an UNCONSTITUTIONAL infringement on a citizens right to keep and bear arms.

CA legislature has 180 days to enact new law.

Now I have yet to sit down and read the ruling but a large portion of the plaintiffs, case rested on the fact that the state had no compelling and logical reason to have someone who already had a gun and passed a background check to wait 10 days to get a gun.

So at this stage this may mean waiting periods are legal for first time gun purchasers. Most certainly "cooling off" or "waiting periods" for current gun owners who are not-prohibited persons (non-felons essentially) can not be made to wait 10 days to get their firearms.

Heller was 6 years ago: look how far we've come.

HellioN

20 Year Member

Gun show deal.
Saiga .223
All you see plus a shitty side rail mount & 4x scop than will probably hit the dumpster.
Less than $600

Pulled off the top rail & the huge/heavy clamp on muzzle break.
Rifle feels better now & honestly I think I looks better.

Last edited:

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
finally got around to filing for my handgun permit today; should have it by next week.
gonna snag myself a Springfiled XD(m) compact 9mm
Untitled+-+springfield-armory-xdm-compact-45acp-extra-backstraps.jpg

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Thinking about trading in my FN TPS...

I love the thing and it is reliable and built like a brick shithouse...but good god, is is painful to shoot. The thing is so miserable to shoot, that I don't shoot it anymore and haven't for years. I can't figure out a good solution that doesn't have me dropping some $250-300 on some recoil reducing stock crap.

A local seller got one of these in:

http://www.mossberg.com/product/shotguns-autoloading-mossberg-930-special-purpose-spx-8-shot/85360

7+1 cap...under $700.

I'd keep the FN and just but the 930 but what's the point? I never shoot the FN...

Any thoughts?

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
i've had an affinity for the INGRAM M-10 and M-11 since childhood, and had always wanted one.

these days, existing examples are collectors' pieces, commanding thousands, especially the most desirable early 70's production versions.

since it is most unlikely i'll ever be in a position to afford such a thing,
- and by the time i ever actually might be, such SMG type weapons just might end up becoming completely illegal to own or something -
so i figured i might as well settle for a good replica and call it a day;

M-11AIRSOFTJOHN11-3-131_zps23c4e7e8.jpg

M-11AIRSOFTJOHN11-3-133_zpsf5cd2727.jpg

M-11AIRSOFTJOHN11-3-134_zpseaf19a92.jpg

- i can also get this steel body set for around $160 or so shipped, which i intend to do one of these days;

M-11-GPM11A1STEELBODYKIT7.jpg

M-11-GPM11A1STEELBODYKIT6.jpg

with the body kit in place, this airsoft replica looks and feels satisfyingly authentic;

M-11-GPM11A1STEELBODYKIT3.jpg

M-11-GPM11A1STEELBODYKIT4.jpg

and i have long since gotten this VERY GOOD book, an indispensable tome for any M-10/11 enthusiast;

macman_zpsd7f2edab.png

okay, i already know what most are probably thinking; AIRSOFT?!? FAGGOT!!!

indeed, i gave my reasons why, and they are quite real and valid. if that automatically labels me a weeaboo cunt doll-fucking loser fag,
well then i guess i'll have to consider myself guilty as charged and have done with it...

Last edited:

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
Masterpiece Arms would have had you covered.

Agreed on The Mac Man. It is a great book.

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
they would, but like i said, i want something as close as i can feasibly get to the original 1970's INGRAM-designed
MILITARY ARMAMENT CORPORATION (M.A.C.) M-11 (my preferred model) even if i have to settle for what is essentially a toy...

HellioN

20 Year Member
Thinking about trading in my FN TPS...

I love the thing and it is reliable and built like a brick shithouse...but good god, is is painful to shoot. The thing is so miserable to shoot, that I don't shoot it anymore and haven't for years. I can't figure out a good solution that doesn't have me dropping some $250-300 on some recoil reducing stock crap.

A local seller got one of these in:

http://www.mossberg.com/product/shotguns-autoloading-mossberg-930-special-purpose-spx-8-shot/85360

7+1 cap...under $700.

I'd keep the FN and just but the 930 but what's the point? I never shoot the FN...

Any thoughts?

I know Jerry Miculek likes the 930, but then again he's paid to.
Haven't handled one myself, the 870 works well enough for me.
The folks I've talked to about the 930 seem to like it.
Only advice I can give is the same as anyone else, try one before you buy or make the FN work for you.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I know Jerry Miculek likes the 930, but then again he's paid to.
Haven't handled one myself, the 870 works well enough for me.
The folks I've talked to about the 930 seem to like it.
Only advice I can give is the same as anyone else, try one before you buy or make the FN work for you.

I did some reading about the 930 and I think I'm going to pass on it.

That TPS is my primary SHTF shotgun and for good reason, it is built like a tank and reliable. The 930 having problems with low-brass does not sit well with me, especially figuring the TPS will eat anything you throw into it. I ordered a new buttstock and will look for a slip over pad or something.

On a side note...how fucking hard is it to get a nice bullpup/short 9mm rifle? There seems to be little to no products like this on the market. 9mm ARs are freaking costly given what they are and the complaints on a rifle like a Beretta CX4 Storm are long (shit trigger, plastic internals, the top site shrouds are crap)...there's really nothing on the market for something like this.

I'm trying to boil down my calibers for ease of storage/use. At the moment I have it down to 9mm, .223/5.56, 12ga and .22 (I do have a .38 revolver but I don't count that). I'd love to have a small 9mm rifle/long barrel pistol.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I did some reading about the 930 and I think I'm going to pass on it.

That TPS is my primary SHTF shotgun and for good reason, it is built like a tank and reliable. The 930 having problems with low-brass does not sit well with me, especially figuring the TPS will eat anything you throw into it. I ordered a new buttstock and will look for a slip over pad or something.

On a side note...how fucking hard is it to get a nice bullpup/short 9mm rifle? There seems to be little to no products like this on the market. 9mm ARs are freaking costly given what they are and the complaints on a rifle like a Beretta CX4 Storm are long (shit trigger, plastic internals, the top site shrouds are crap)...there's really nothing on the market for something like this.

I'm trying to boil down my calibers for ease of storage/use. At the moment I have it down to 9mm, .223/5.56, 12ga and .22 (I do have a .38 revolver but I don't count that). I'd love to have a small 9mm rifle/long barrel pistol.

Thats odd I have only heard positive things about the cx4, its certainly on my wishlist

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Thats odd I have only heard positive things about the cx4, its certainly on my wishlist

I'm flitting back and forth…and the CX4 may still be on my list as of…….umm…..right now. We'll see.

This place here:
http://sierrapapacx4.com/index/

Seems to have addressed some of the CX4 issues. You can replace the internals and put a way better trigger in the thing for $250 or so...

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Also with the Cx4 you can build a clone of the rifles they use in Battlestar Galactica.

If you're so inclined.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Here was a build sheet I was running through the paces over at a firearms forum:

Upper (7 1/2" model $540 delivered -w- BCG) :
Model 1 Sales: 9mm Pistol Upper

Lower ($300, RRA unit):
Rock River Arms: LAR-9 Lower Receivers / Lower Halves

Buffer ASSY:
KAK SUPER SIG SB-15 Pistol Buffer Tube Kit W/ QD ENDPLATE - Pistol Buffer Tubes - Buffer Tubes & Parts - Lower Parts - AR-15 Parts

Lower parts kit:
Palmetto State Armory MOE LPK - Black - Lower Parts Kits - Lower Parts - AR-15

SIG arm brace

Magazines (easy to get 32rd):
Rock River Arms: 9mm Magazines

That puts the rifle at $1250 or so...probably pushing $1300-1350 after shipping is chucked in.

This is a much bigger pain in the ass than the CX4...but good god, a 9mm SBR is just so freaking awesome...and useful...

Last edited:

HellioN

20 Year Member
Be weary of model1, they have a rep for letting credit card information just kinda hang out.
If you go with them I would use a check.