, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
7mpwMz.jpg

CZ-P07 suppressor.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Finally "finished" my 627...for now.

Like I said earlier, I sent it of for trigger work earlier i the year and replaced the grips with rubber, non-finger grove.

A few days ago I added an 8MOA Burris FastFire III with a mount from Allchin (which is an awesome piece).
7C4GNl1l.jpg

UFSfo88l.jpg

Now I need to sight it in and go spend some time with it. That sight is going to take some getting used to.

Getting real jealous here

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Getting real jealous here

Damn...I had a great response all typed up...then deleted it. To summarize:

This 627 at 40oz is so much better than the SP101 that I used to have. That trigger + weight +8-round cap makes it an amazing range gun. 40oz is perfect weight for .357/.38 (unlike the 26oz SP101). As-is, it shoots as good as it looks.

I miss having a .44 mag...I used to have a massive Ruger Super Redhawk 7.5" barrel monster that weighed in at 53oz. Long story short, too big, not a fan of double action revolver shooting in a heavy load, I sold it off.

Have my eyes on this:

http://www.ruger.com/products/newModelSuperBlackhawkStandard/specSheets/0814.html

45oz (1/2 lb lighter), single action only, 4.6" barrel...$620. I'd like to get one in the next 6 months...

HellioN

20 Year Member
Nice wheel gun there smoke. Can't figure out how I missed that post.
Speaking of wheel guns,
GsVdw.jpg

442-1 No lock.
Less than $300 OTD.
How do you say no?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Nice wheel gun there smoke. Can't figure out how I missed that post.
Speaking of wheel guns,
GsVdw.jpg

442-1 No lock.
Less than $300 OTD.
How do you say no?

Wow...that is a great price. I've tried to love the J frame...I really have, but I've been unsuccessful...

HellioN

20 Year Member
They are an acquired taste, they definitely beat the crap out of you.
And being an airweight it promises to do that.
I've been wanting one so I can retire the M36 my dad gave me years ago.
Should make for a fine backup or in the pocket.

xorthen

Banned

Like I said earlier, I sent it of for trigger work earlier i the year and replaced the grips with rubber, non-finger grove.

A few days ago I added an 8MOA Burris FastFire III with a mount from Allchin (which is an awesome piece).
7C4GNl1l.jpg

UFSfo88l.jpg

Now I need to sight it in and go spend some time with it. That sight is going to take some getting used to.

THAT THING LOOKS DOPE AS FUCK!

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Well...couldn’t help myself, took a Christmas gift card and picked up this Charter Arms Bulldog in .44 spcl. I first saw this little fella sitting in the used section about 6 months ago. $350 and it said it was unfired and complete with box. I went in yesterday and saw they still had it. I ran it through the paces and every seems good to go, so I bought it.

Once I “cool off” I’ll go pick it up and take it home...now I have to get some more .44 spcl, all i have is some old Winchester 200gr silver tips.

UZsJrLV.jpg

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Well...couldn’t help myself, took a Christmas gift card and picked up this Charter Arms Bulldog in .44 spcl. I first saw this little fella sitting in the used section about 6 months ago. $350 and it said it was unfired and complete with box. I went in yesterday and saw they still had it. I ran it through the paces and every seems good to go, so I bought it.

Once I “cool off” I’ll go pick it up and take it home...now I have to get some more .44 spcl, all i have is some old Winchester 200gr silver tips.

UZsJrLV.jpg

One of my co workers uses this as his carry and he absolutely loves it.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior

7C4GNl1l.jpg

UFSfo88l.jpg

This looks so badass!
What's the ballpark cost on something like this, including the mods you've done?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
One of my co workers uses this as his carry and he absolutely loves it.

I'll admit it, it was an impulse buy...something I often regret. I spent time with an original model back in the 80's, my pop had one.

My only regret so far is the ammo...holy shit, .44 spcl is not cheap. On the low end, you're talking $3.00/cylinder just to shoot 5 freaking rounds out of it. I REALLY need to get into reloading, big time.

This looks so badass!
What's the ballpark cost on something like this, including the mods you've done?

Honestly, not cheap.I can't recall what the pistol originally set me back, close to $1000 I believe. The front sight (something I used for a year before adding the RDS) was $25, the grips were $25, I have $100 in the gunsmith work, the RDS mount was some $60, the RDS was close to $250 or so. Under $1500? I will say that unlike some other guns I've had in the past, this one shoots like a $1500 gun...its is buttery smooth and dead on accurate.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
You should get into reloading. Everyone should, might help the market come down.

I started after my hunting rifle ammo went from 40 dollars a box to almost a 100. I shoot alot so it was a necessity.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
You should get into reloading. Everyone should, might help the market come down.

I started after my hunting rifle ammo went from 40 dollars a box to almost a 100. I shoot alot so it was a necessity.

Over the years, I've tried to boil down my firearms to stick to common rounds. Before Picking up that 627 Dec of 2016, all I had was 9mm, .223/5.56 (bulk), .22LR, 12ga. I've had a small .38spcl revolver for years, but it wasn't a range shooter, it was a belly gun, so it never saw much use. Either ammo was in full panic (2008, 2012), or it is bulk and cheap in those rounds.

Now?

I have a "precision" bench AR...so that means match heavy grain .223, I have that 627 (which saw a ton of range time last year in .38/.357 magnum), I have a S&W model 67 in .38 spcl, and now this Bulldog in .44 spcl.

I looked into a decent Dillion setup and it's looking like $1200 or so...I do not want to waste $$ on some shitty single stage, or something I'd just land up shedding.

I'm going to have to do something...I ran through over 1000 rounds of .38 in 2017 and it is not cheap, not by a long shot. 9mm is dumb cheap at the moment...so I can still buy that cheaper than reloading.

I will say this, Trump isn't going to get reelected...and we all know that that means, another Dem in the White House...regardless of what that person will/won't do to gun owners, it will spark another buying frenzy, I'm sure of it. People are dumb and flitty...

I may start getting my hands on power/primers soon...

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I looked into a decent Dillion setup and it's looking like $1200 or so...I do not want to waste $$ on some shitty single stage, or something I'd just land up shedding.

I would crunch some numbers and see what you come up with. I jumped on a Dillon 650 (with case feeder) because it literally paid for itself in something like 2-3,000 rounds of subsonic 300 blackout. I forget exactly how many, but at that time subsonic 300 blackout was something like $1 per round. I can now reload it as cheap as $0.287/round for my AR-15, and $0.202/round for my bolt action 300 blackout - absolutely HUGE savings there.

Even on common 9mm, the cheapest name-brand brass-cased (I know local reloaders can have this for cheaper) - something like Winchester White Box - is around $0.21/each shipped when you buy 1,000 rounds. I can reload it for $0.127/each (that's with found brass - which is EVERYWHERE at my local range every day - without it's like $0.16) - that's $6.35 per box of 50 which is also pretty darn cheap.

I also had a blast creating my own loads. I developed a 150 grain 300 blackout round, subsonic, which shot out of my suppressed handi-rifle is literally (not even exaggerating) quieter than my old break barrel 1200fps pellet gun.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I would crunch some numbers and see what you come up with. I jumped on a Dillon 650 (with case feeder) because it literally paid for itself in something like 2-3,000 rounds of subsonic 300 blackout. I forget exactly how many, but at that time subsonic 300 blackout was something like $1 per round. I can now reload it as cheap as $0.287/round for my AR-15, and $0.202/round for my bolt action 300 blackout - absolutely HUGE savings there.

Even on common 9mm, the cheapest name-brand brass-cased (I know local reloaders can have this for cheaper) - something like Winchester White Box - is around $0.21/each shipped when you buy 1,000 rounds. I can reload it for $0.127/each (that's with found brass - which is EVERYWHERE at my local range every day - without it's like $0.16) - that's $6.35 per box of 50 which is also pretty darn cheap.

I also had a blast creating my own loads. I developed a 150 grain 300 blackout round, subsonic, which shot out of my suppressed handi-rifle is literally (not even exaggerating) quieter than my old break barrel 1200fps pellet gun.

300 blk is yet another reason to reload. I have a 7.5" AR "pistol" that is really pretty useless. 300 blk barrels are really cheap right now, but that freaking ammo is too much. $.48-.60/rd for something I'm going to rat-tat-tat in a semi auto is too rich for my blood. I know .44 spcl is costly, but I'm not shooting 100 rounds in a sitting either. 100 rounds in one of my ARs is a short session at the range.

I need to just take the plunge...and the Dillon 650 is the model I'm looking at. It's not a "fun" purchase...but it would be a smart one.

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
300 blk is yet another reason to reload. I have a 7.5" AR "pistol" that is really pretty useless. 300 blk barrels are really cheap right now, but that freaking ammo is too much. $.48-.60/rd for something I'm going to rat-tat-tat in a semi auto is too rich for my blood. I know .44 spcl is costly, but I'm not shooting 100 rounds in a sitting either. 100 rounds in one of my ARs is a short session at the range.

I need to just take the plunge...and the Dillon 650 is the model I'm looking at. It's not a "fun" purchase...but it would be a smart one.

Do it! And if you have any questions PM me. I'm still new to reloading but my uncle (who has been doing it for 50 years now) taught me and I've been able to reload anything I've wanted to so far.

And if you've never shot a subsonic 300 blackout with a suppressor, it'll change your mind in a jiffy. Bar-none, that gun is the most fun to shoot (dare I say I like it even more than the bunch of full-auto guns I've shot so far...well, more soothing at least). You actually hear the rounds impact on target downrange. Hear the brass falling on the ground. My favorite is actually taking 200 yard shots and having to aim up something like 42", only to hear it hit the 8" steel plate literally 1.5 seconds later it's moving so slow. Puts a smile on my face every time.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Do it! And if you have any questions PM me. I'm still new to reloading but my uncle (who has been doing it for 50 years now) taught me and I've been able to reload anything I've wanted to so far.

And if you've never shot a subsonic 300 blackout with a suppressor, it'll change your mind in a jiffy. Bar-none, that gun is the most fun to shoot (dare I say I like it even more than the bunch of full-auto guns I've shot so far...well, more soothing at least). You actually hear the rounds impact on target downrange. Hear the brass falling on the ground. My favorite is actually taking 200 yard shots and having to aim up something like 42", only to hear it hit the 8" steel plate literally 1.5 seconds later it's moving so slow. Puts a smile on my face every time.

Sadly, silencers are 100% no-go here in Illinois.

My largest reason for a 300 blk is how well it performs out of a short barrel vs .223. I'm not saying .223 out of a 7" barrel is pissing up a rope, but it definitely suffers a ton of velocity loss (by what I've read, close to -1000 fps vs a 16" barrel).

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Sadly, silencers are 100% no-go here in Illinois.

My condolences. I grew up in Jersey so I know all about that (we needed a firearm license to own a BB gun before ~2007 believe it or not...) - moved to the free state of Pennsyltucky years ago though which is glorious. Suppressors and SBR's galore (can you guys have SBR's?).

My largest reason for a 300 blk is how well it performs out of a short barrel vs .223. I'm not saying .223 out of a 7" barrel is pissing up a rope, but it definitely suffers a ton of velocity loss (by what I've read, close to -1000 fps vs a 16" barrel).

At that point I would just get an AK-47 pistol in 7.62x39. EXTREMELY cheap ammo, cheap gun, and it'll run forever. AK's are plenty accurate as well despite what the keyboard commandos like to say - I'm honestly not the best shot in the world, but my little 11" Draco SBR, with a red dot, has zero problem hitting 8" steel at 200 yards pretty much every time. Rifles as pistols kinda suck as a whole though - really need a stock and with the ATF changing their ruling every 6 months or so on those arm braces there's really no good solution for states which don't allow SBR's. I would rather have a pistol you can actually shoot accurately and easily than a rifle without a stock.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
My condolences. I grew up in Jersey so I know all about that (we needed a firearm license to own a BB gun before ~2007 believe it or not...) - moved to the free state of Pennsyltucky years ago though which is glorious. Suppressors and SBR's galore (can you guys have SBR's?).

At that point I would just get an AK-47 pistol in 7.62x39. EXTREMELY cheap ammo, cheap gun, and it'll run forever. AK's are plenty accurate as well despite what the keyboard commandos like to say - I'm honestly not the best shot in the world, but my little 11" Draco SBR, with a red dot, has zero problem hitting 8" steel at 200 yards pretty much every time. Rifles as pistols kinda suck as a whole though - really need a stock and with the ATF changing their ruling every 6 months or so on those arm braces there's really no good solution for states which don't allow SBR's. I would rather have a pistol you can actually shoot accurately and easily than a rifle without a stock.

Hindsight is always 20/20...

I have too much $$ wrapped up in that pistol to attempt to sell it, ARs are dirt cheap and no one is going to give me even close to what I have in that thing, so I'm stuck with it. Truth be told, of all the firearms I've had/sold, my ARs have been the largest zero return money pits...

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I had some time to kill yesterday...and I needed to clear my head a bit after recent events...so I decided to take the Bulldog out with a few loads and try her out.

PvQUgmLl.jpg

In honor of my last dealing with a Bulldog back in the late 80's...I shot it cold, and without gloves. The temp was 10F outside...so it was plenty cold. Like I expected, she kicks like a pissed off mule and 25 round left my right hand sore and tingling...I loved every second of it. You don't appreciate a special load until you run it through a 19oz revolver (or 12, like the .38 I used to have). I ran some Fiocchi, PNC, Hornady, and 10 reloads that a friend of mine makes. For some reason, the thing shoots silly low at 7yds...like 18"+ low, my thought is the front fixed sight is way too tall. Once I figured out where it was shooting, I was able to adjust and manage to keep my rounds in the "A" group of a B27 IPSC target.

Long story short, it's fun to shoot...and a real handful. It's a keeper.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Im curious, how much does an SKS and Mosin- Nagant typically go for in the States? Chinese or Russian

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Im curious, how much does an SKS and Mosin- Nagant typically go for in the States? Chinese or Russian

The Mosin has kind of been picking up in popularity. The M44/T53 carbines are worth a bit more, the Russian model is worth a bit more. Price? Not 100% sure..$175-$250?

SKS is the same thing. There are so many variants and levels of quality that it is hard to tell. A good Russian or Norinco variant? $450-500+? Looking on gunbroker, it seems the Russian models can fetch $1000+.

Honestly, I don't feel either are even close to those prices, especially the SKS. I've spent more time with SKS's than I can remember. My father had so many over the years, I'm sure he can't remember them all. They're fun beaters and if they're not problem prone, they run like a top.

But...

They're heavy, and don't hold many rounds, and aren't overly east to load. There is much better choices out there if you want to shoot cheap surplus 7.62x39. They reason why my dad had so many in the 80's/90's is simply because there wasn't anything cheap like that around at the time for $150.

Last edited:

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
There is much better choices out there if you want to shoot cheap surplus 7.62x39. They reason why my dad had so many in the 80's/90's is simply because there wasn't anything cheap like that around at the time for $150.

Like an AK-mother-fucking-47! There really is no better battle rifle (and this is coming from an AR-15 enthusiast as well). You're not going to find one for the price of a cheap SKS, but they're not bad, extremely fun to shoot, perfectly accurate to ~300 yards or so, and cheap ammo! If you want more info just let me know. I've owned 4 or 5 AK's and absolutely loved all of them.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Like an AK-mother-fucking-47! There really is no better battle rifle (and this is coming from an AR-15 enthusiast as well). You're not going to find one for the price of a cheap SKS, but they're not bad, extremely fun to shoot, perfectly accurate to ~300 yards or so, and cheap ammo! If you want more info just let me know. I've owned 4 or 5 AK's and absolutely loved all of them.

Think cheap...

AKs have always been more expensive than SKSs...well, not so much anymore, but that used to be the case...