Firearm enthusiast thread

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Very nice!

And why did not one of your fuckers tell me there's a firearm topic here!!!?!?! Here's my two favorites:

What light mount is clamped to the AK barrel?
What light while were at it.
Kinda looks like a WML from what I can see.

Last edited:

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Yeah, they're both IR (and visible) lights for my Omni VIII's (when I had them). It's the Inforce WML with white/IR. Don't really like it's lack of a good momentary switch (kinda sucks actually), but it beat buying another $350 IR Surefire (and is super slim-line to the AK's profile) - and hitting headshots on steel at 100 yards at night when you can't see your hand held in front of your face truly is priceless - it's also held up for thousands of rounds from this fire breathing 11" AK without damage to the plastic/polymer light somehow so I'm impressed.

The mount is a RS Products BM-1. It's honestly amazing. Stupid little thing like a light mount but I literally bought 8 or 9 different mounts looking for the best and lowest profile mount for a light like this on an AK SBR. It makes the light right in-line with your thumb for the on/off switch. Photobucket sucks right now so I can only find a picture of the mount without the light from the other side but it shows you how low profile it is at least:

HellioN

20 Year Member
7075 T6 aluminium, save for the cheap sights on it for now.
Trying out the 45° offset.
Not sure where you get the idea its "pot metal" from.

Last edited:

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Are there any any Ruger SR9 or SR40 owner here? Just curious to see how many rounds you've cycled through each and which one do you prefer for range and home defense.

Both are great to use at the range. My SR9C is very lightweight and comfy to carry. The SR40 feels as if you're firing a 9mm.

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
Are there any any Ruger SR9 or SR40 owner here? Just curious to see how many rounds you've cycled through each and which one do you prefer for range and home defense.

Both are great to use at the range. My SR9C is very lightweight and comfy to carry. The SR40 feels as if you're firing a 9mm.

Can't say I've played with either one, but did pick up a nice Glock 23 recently at a store closing. Looking forward to taking it out to the range.

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Can't say I've played with either one, but did pick up a nice Glock 23 recently at a store closing. Looking forward to taking it out to the range.

I LOVE Glocks. Triggers are pretty horrible (even modded they're always mushy, but haven't tried high end triggers like Lone Wolf offers or anything - that's next to try). Here's mine:

Ev0TVbT.jpg

Need to get some raised sights but the pickings are slim for those...

Last edited:

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
I LOVE Glocks. Triggers are pretty horrible (even modded they're always mushy, but haven't tried high end triggers like Lone Wolf offers or anything - that's next to try). Here's mine:

Ev0TVbT.jpg

Need to get some raised sights but the pickings are slim for those...

Very nice. I haven't done anything to mine yet except to put on a Crimson Trace.

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
I've never tried a Crimson Trace on anything. You like it? I always wanted to try a LaserMax guide-rod type laser on one of mine.

I like it. I installed one that fit right around the grip with very minimal intrusion. My Kimber 1911 came with one pre-installed right in the grip.

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,

I used to carry an SR9C, and I put ~1000 rounds through it in the time that I had it (about 2 years, was new from factory). I used mostly Winchester whitebox for range ammo and carried with Federal Hydra Shok in the mag/chamber. I never had a problem cycling anything, though (I think everything I fired was between 115 gr and 147 gr). The gun is nice by itself, but I installed a Galloway Precision trigger assembly and it made a world of difference, much cleaner break and smoother travel/reset all around. I'd highly recommend them if you feel like you want to smooth out the trigger or lighten your pull.

xorthen

Banned

Had an SR9 for a few years. Never had an issue with it except when cycling shit ammo. It was very reliable. Only thing is that I stopped liking the ergonomics after a while. I put around 1000 rounds through it and only had problems with the cheap Russian ammo.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Had an SR9 for a few years. Never had an issue with it except when cycling shit ammo. It was very reliable. Only thing is that I stopped liking the ergonomics after a while. I put around 1000 rounds through it and only had problems with the cheap Russian ammo.

You've had that gun for a few years, yet never turned it on yourself.

Fail!

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Someone say Glock?

My brother just picked up a Gen 4 Glock 34 in gray (whatever they call that color) last night - with the lightening cut on the slide I really like...absolutely beautiful! Trigger still sucks though ;)

HellioN

20 Year Member
I want to say that's the Vicker's edition.
I believe they call it Wolf grey. Nice gun.

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Yup, it's the Lipsey's exclusive. I have it's little brother -another Lipsey's exclusive- a FDE Glock 42.

HellioN

20 Year Member
5GxD58.jpg

None, these are just pictures.
I lost them all in a tragic boating accident.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I've spent much of the summer with that 627 revolver. It's been some time since I've had one and I've really been enjoying shooting it.

We've also been beating up my daughters Ruger SR22...she's really taken a shine to shooting the thing and is getting pretty good at it. So far that little pistol has been a winner, very little issues with the thing.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Better keep a close eye on that credit card, last two times I ordered from psa I had to end up ordering new cards. Horrible security practices.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Finally "finished" my 627...for now.

Like I said earlier, I sent it of for trigger work earlier i the year and replaced the grips with rubber, non-finger grove.

A few days ago I added an 8MOA Burris FastFire III with a mount from Allchin (which is an awesome piece).
7C4GNl1l.jpg

UFSfo88l.jpg

Now I need to sight it in and go spend some time with it. That sight is going to take some getting used to.