I prefer DoDonPachi to DDP-Daioujou

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Maybe it's my shmups noobness and I find DOJ simply too much to handle.

Anyone else share this feeling or do I just suck at hard shooters.

:annoyed:

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
It's just a matter of sucking. I'm in the same boat.

Daioujou is definitely the harder of the two. It's just an evolution of the series. I still like playing Daioujou though. The first stage is at least accessible to play for score. Plus it looks real purdy.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I preffer DDP as well, but I do know that DDPD is a fucking beast of a game, I wish I was better at it.:crying:

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
i love Donpachi series but my favorite is indeed DOJ. I play it every month,sometimes every week!its the only Cave series that i really love. One of the shooters of my life:)

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I can relate to that, the hyper-manic formula of DoJ is a bit too much for my taste.

Of course my lack of skill in it also plays a role here... DoJ definitely wasn't love at first sight so I casually played it for a couple of weeks and that was that, maybe I'd value it higher if I'd spend some serious time with it.

However, it can't be DoJ's advanced difficulty alone that puts me off, I mean, I love games like Ibara or Dragon Blaze to death and they're not exactly on the easy side but unlike DoJ they feel like a worthy challenge to me.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
Takumaji said:
I can relate to that, the hyper-manic formula of DoJ is a bit too much for my taste.

Of course my lack of skill in it also plays a role here... DoJ definitely wasn't love at first sight so I casually played it for a couple of weeks and that was that, maybe I'd value it higher if I'd spend some serious time with it.

However, it can't be DoJ's advanced difficulty alone that puts me off, I mean, I love games like Ibara or Dragon Blaze to death and they're not exactly on the easy side but unlike DoJ they feel like a worthy challenge to me.

Hey Takumaji!Give DOJ another try!and play it loud!:mr_t:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Takumaji said:

yeah i have to agree...I think I prefer Ibara to DOJ (at least on the Ps2 ports) as well.

What really kills DOJ for me is level 3. The first 2 levels are pretty manageable, but level 3 is just too overwhelming and usually just ruins it for me.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I prefer any shooter over DOJ, wait no I take that back there is one shooter that I would rather not play than DOJ...

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
When I got Daioujou, I also bought Mushihimesama at the same time.

DDP is a great game, but I found Mushi more accessible since I hadn't played shmups for a really long time.