IKARUGA april 9th XBLA

BIG

sony fanboy
Bishamon said:
Yes, the current models shouldn't be affected (or it will be a more more rare occurrence). There have been at least two motherboard revisions: the Zephyr motherboard with HDMI has additional cooling added, and the newer Falcon also has a cooler 65 nm CPU which should have further increased reliability.

did they move the heat sink away from the dvd drive in the newer models?

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
So I managed to get to level 3 on normal difficulty and without continues. Level 3 is a real pain in the ass. I don't think I'll ever see level 4 unless I credit-feed...

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Hentai Sama said:
So I managed to get to level 3 on normal difficulty and without continues. Level 3 is a real pain in the ass. I don't think I'll ever see level 4 unless I credit-feed...

Level 3 does suck, it's hard and I totally forgot about that mini boss.

I'm still trying to get to level 3 on normal. I keep dying doing stupid shit.

Kiken

Camel Slug
Lagduf said:
Level 3 does suck, it's hard and I totally forgot about that mini boss.

I'm still trying to get to level 3 on normal. I keep dying doing stupid shit.

Playing at Normal difficulty on my brother's 360, I managed to make it up to the StoneLike in a single-credit (only 8 seconds left when I lost my last life) earlier this evening. His gamer-tag is "ugly x 10"... I only broke 22 million during the run (and made some really stupid mistakes).

I figure I should be able to unlock the final achievement for him this weekend (the Unstoppable one).

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Kiken said:
Playing at Normal difficulty on my brother's 360, I managed to make it up to the StoneLike in a single-credit (only 8 seconds left when I lost my last life) earlier this evening. His gamer-tag is "ugly x 10"... I only broke 22 million during the run (and made some really stupid mistakes).

I figure I should be able to unlock the final achievement for him this weekend (the Unstoppable one).

Nice skills.

I'll be glad when I can get to level 3 boss on one credit.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Finally, I managed to get a score over 3 million. This is also the first time I've ever seen the boss of level 3. I think I've reached my limit for a while.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Hentai Sama said:
Finally, I managed to get a score over 3 million. This is also the first time I've ever seen the boss of level 3. I think I've reached my limit for a while.

I hate you.

Im chasing your score on my friends leaderboards.

I owned Ikaruga on GC, and I even had a burned copy on the DC, but I never realized until I was trying to get the dot eater achievement that you get points for eating bullets :oh_no:

There is a special leaderboard for dot eater playthroughs that is pretty cool. You have to get the dot eater achievement to see it first.

Last edited:

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
hey, just bought this game today...if anyone wants to play with me online and maybe willing to show me the ropes of chaining, i'm always down for it.

thanks to whomever in advance.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
TemJin3000 said:
hey, just bought this game today...if anyone wants to play with me online and maybe willing to show me the ropes of chaining, i'm always down for it.

thanks to whomever in advance.

hit me up on LIVE sometime,
my handle is rcpaskus

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Lagduf said:
I hate you.

Im chasing your score on my friends leaderboards.

Looks like I lied when I said I had reached my limit. My score is over 4.6 million now, and I can finally beat the 3rd boss. I definitely think I can get 5 million now. Maybe more than that if I can figure out how to survive the big satellite thing in level 4...

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
DurandalThoth said:
lol, noobs...

*goes to play ikaruga on dreamcast tated*
The 360 version does TATE too I have heard.
Heard it looks pretty fucking sweet.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Loopz said:
The 360 version does TATE too I have heard.
Heard it looks pretty fucking sweet.

kinda hard to tate a 50 inch flatscreen.

although i'm impressed they left the option in, even in the dreamcast days they'd take it out of the american release because kids here are too dumb to handle that kinda thing.

would be sweet though to wall mount a smaller LCD (27-32 inch) vertically though.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
First time playing it and while I think it's fun, I'm terrible at it.

The whole polarity switching thing is a nice idea (Chaining too) but it's seriously messing with my head.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Played some HD tate at a friends house... OMG it looks beatuiful.

I bought it myself and am having a lot of fun. The enemies are so beautiful. I'm really not into shooters at all lately, but this is holding my interest.

Well worth the download.

jeff10

Kula's Candy
I didnt know I could tate on the 360 version, gotta hook my 360 up to my hp 22 rotatey monitor, sweet.

Kiken

Camel Slug
DurandalThoth said:
although i'm impressed they left the option in, even in the dreamcast days they'd take it out of the american release because kids here are too dumb to handle that kinda thing.

Actually, the US DC release of Gunbird 2 retained tate. Also, the prior US release of Ikaruga (GC port) contained the tate option (they just included a warning in the manual like any of the Japanese releases).

BTW, with the XBLA version of Ikaruga... is anybody else finding that regardless of display orientation, the image needs to be zoomed out to about 93% before the entire image is actually visible?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Average Joe said:
First time playing it and while I think it's fun, I'm terrible at it.

The whole polarity switching thing is a nice idea (Chaining too) but it's seriously messing with my head.

Same here. I think my brain exploded. Does anyone have any vids of tweakers playing this game?

Kiken

Camel Slug
Xian Xi said:
Same here. I think my brain exploded. Does anyone have any vids of tweakers playing this game?

If you're playing the XBLA version, you can just jump on the leaderboards and download any of the top 100 score replays.

Otherwise, point your browser to www.super-play.co.uk

Thing is, due to the number of changes in the XBLA version, I wouldn't go watching NAOMI, DC or GC replays.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I still like the replay of the guy controlling two ships at once...

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Finally scored over 5 million. I kept on getting scores just under 5 million, and I was starting to get really angry. Now that I made it past that point, I'll be playing this game a lot less.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
I just scooped up a GC copy of this locally...wanna start playing it again.