Likely Prehistoric Isle boot on EBay and others

Nickn

Swords, Dragons & Big Breasted Women
man im totally newb and i can even tell thats a boot.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Wow, some poor sucker paid 125.49 for a 30 dollar ECL boot. Hope neither the seller nor the buyer's a member here or we're sure to see teh drama in the feedback forum. :smirk:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'm glad all of this stuff wasn't around back when I started buying MVS carts or I would've been taken to the cleaners. My attitude was "a cart is a cart" back then, and I was basically right. If people are approaching ebay now with that same attitude, with auctions like this one around, a lot of people are going to be cheated.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
The weird thing to me is that the Neo is basically a niche console, be it MVS or AES. A casual gamer isn't going to have a cab or consolize an MVS. So, you would think buyers would be more intelligent about their purchases. I buy MVS carts to play, not collect, but I still don't want crappy boots.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
madman said:
The weird thing to me is that the Neo is basically a niche console, be it MVS or AES. A casual gamer isn't going to have a cab or consolize an MVS. So, you would think buyers would be more intelligent about their purchases. I buy MVS carts to play, not collect, but I still don't want crappy boots.
Yeah, but for arcade people MVS is so common. You never know how savvy arcade buyers are, or if they even care if the stuff is legit as long as it works.

loegan43

15 Year Member
Yeah, I think most operators could care less if the carts were boots. It's only collectors like ourselves that really care. I've seen KOF Unique Plus and Metal Slug 6 (the hack) playing at the arcade.

madman

Are there really operators still buying MVS carts off EBay? Seems unlikely for someone to be buying new MVS carts to stick in aged machines.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
there are a few mvs work horses still so they probly are

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Why not? There are lots of old machines out there. MVS carts are a good cheap way to put a new game in.

madman

The MVS machines I run into in the occasional hotel or bowling alley seem like they've had the same games in them forever. I don't think I've ever seen anything made after 1999 in public. But, I guess anything is possible.

loegan43

15 Year Member

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
madman said:
Are there really operators still buying MVS carts off EBay? Seems unlikely for someone to be buying new MVS carts to stick in aged machines.

I'd say yes...

Currently I know a vendor in Texas who buys carts and puts them in machines on location...He knows of boots because of this place/via buying carts from me
...He still buys carts on Ebay for the machines.
I know he hates boots but I can't say that he's never bought one..I do know that he has spent on the more expensive,NEW mvs games when they came out only to lose money with hardly any plays...because the crowds that his machines are within didn't prefer them..(he does best with Soccer games)

Another guy I know buys carts to put in machines in his store,he didn't know of boots until I sorta explained about them to him(as I felt)..Still I don't think it actually matters to him as long as the carts work..I really don't know how much he knows right now about boots or if he really cares as he's not collecting them..

the few machines I see around here on location seems to have the same MVS games in them forever,(BAM)I bet the operators have any clue about boots.
I actually thought about contacting them and trying to make a loan carts to them for some sort of small profit..
They'd probably laugh.

The last new type machine I saw was Metal Slug 4 at my local bowling alley..It was in a showcase cab and got NO play...
It was gone even before I got to play it..:confused:

His SSV looks to be a boot too/well by it's price and description..I'd love to see what these boots boards all look like..

I got bit by a SSV boot like this and it sucks as it has no ending....it just goes black once you finsh the game.:mad:

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
You'd think he'd at least put it in a black case so you couldn't see the fake boards.