3 different MS3 boots

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Yep. All boots. All different. None work. No SNK parts anywhere. The circuit boards aren't even SNK boards. It's amazing that all 3 carts are supposed to have the same game data on them and be set up so differently.

edit...no longer disputing on sale, ebay seller came through with a full refund. That was much appreciated.

Anyway, none of them work so I guess I got some spare cases as he dosen't want the carts back.

03-10-08_1849.jpg

03-10-08_1850.jpg

03-10-08_1851.jpg

:crying:

Last edited:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Hmm...none work huh..

Hey if you toss the boards lmk.I'll pay the shipping...I like looking over stuff like that..

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
I'll def keep that in mind. It really sucks as I was really looking forward to getting these carts. Instead I just ended up irritated.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Spare shells are awesome if they're originals. You got a nice deal there.

Pas

Camel Slug
Even though they are different have you tried swapping boards around to try to make a working set? I dont know if it would work or not...I guess it just depends on the boards...but it would be worth a shot.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Yeah, I've tried every possible combination and this is what I get with the combinations:

White cart -- Badly garbled title and char select screen then mobo reboot after char selected

Blue cart -- Badly garbled violence warning screen then reboot

Black cart -- now this one is different in behavior and front board will only boot up with back board from one of the other 2 carts. The back pcb in this cart has a scratch running horizontally across the PCB cutting every single trace on the board. This cart produces very bright white vertical lines on the whole screen and you can make out where stuff is supposed to be based on how the sprite box with white lines move on the char select screen. Then reboot immediately after char select.

Anyway, no MS3 for me.

Neo Alec said:
Spare shells are awesome if they're originals. You got a nice deal there.

None of the shells are original either.

Last edited:

eastbayarb

New Challenger
You got your refund, and I let you keep the free carts, but instead, you slander me in 2 different forums even though you said you wouldn't.:conf:

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
eastbayarb said:
You got your refund, and I let you keep the free carts, but instead, you slander me in 2 different forums even though you said you wouldn't.:conf:

Yep, got my refund. I have stated that in both threads that were started about you.

It's not the money that I am worried about. That really is a moot point. One hours pay, whatever. Your ethics are what concern me. Especially when you have shown what kind of seller you are and then attempt to sell a 2000$ lot. I would have written the whole ordeal off when I got the refund, but your sales threads here illuminated you as a scammer. Just trying to prevent you from scamming anyone else. In other words, you got yourself caught in this. I hope it bites you hard in the ass, maybe then you will be less likely to attempt this stunt again.

You have not been truthful from the start.

Not slander, truth. When I stated I would not leave you negative ebay feedback, I was under the impression still that you had no way to to test your boots. Then as I was searching for a legit MS3, why I come across 2 sales threads. One thread with a 4 slotter and an ass ton of games (including a supposedly working MS3). Then I come across your other auction with the supergun. Well, I realized I had been dupped at that point. So much for leaving things be.

What is this other forum that you keep referring to?
Not that I am upset, I hope people do spread the word about what kind of seller you are. Why don't you pop up on the thread over in feedback and answer some questions there or are you to busy selling more of your "friends" untested bootlegs?

Cheers.

Last edited:

eastbayarb

New Challenger
You are taking this way to personally. I guarantee anything I sell or your money back and that's what I have done for you. Of course you failed to mention that you actually left me good feedback on ebay, but then you tried to be sneaky and vent your personally frustration on here. And you call me dishonest? The carts I gave you were untested and on ebay were sold as is. If you wanted me to open the carts for you before the sale, I would have gladly done so. I don't think a scammer, as you have labled me, is willing to let you have your money back and on top of that, let you keep the goods. I have gone beyond making you whole as a buyer, but you just won't leave it alone. I can see there is no pleasing you. Tell you what, even though I am scammer, as you say, find a working Metal Slug 3 MVS cartridge that is tested and working, and I will personally buy it for you.

Now what kind of scammer would offer you that kind of deal?

Last edited:

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
No, not taking it personally. As I stated before, positive feedback was left before I saw your selling auctions here. If it wasn't for your sales threads, this matter would have been closed.

I wasn't being sneaky. I knew you are a member here. That is why I started the thread in the feedback forum. I wanted you to see these threads. That is why your name is in the title of the other thread. How is that sneaky? I wanted you to see what the carts looked like if you didn't know already.

It's not about me as a buyer. It is about the next guy.

The money is not the issue. I hold people from this site to a higher standard no matter where the deal takes place. You made some statements that were less then honest. I don't want to see anyone get taken for 1800$ if that is what your intentions are. That is a lot of money to many people. Me included. I would feel awful if that happened and I had kept our dealings private.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179163

http://cgi.ebay.com/Neo-Geo-4-slot-...ryZ13718QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Should be the same one in the auction as your sales thread.

eastbayarb said:
all tested and workin
Metal Slug 3 good condition

Hell, it's your auction. I found it. Send me the slug if you want. If not, whatever. As far as this thread goes, I am done with it now. I said what I had to say. If I was mistaken on your intentions, then prove me wrong and I will gladly offer my apologies.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
ah i saw his thread over ay byoac furums it felt kind of fishy