The all-purpose Smash Bros. Brawl thread.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Me and talks2wall just had some solid matches.

I think both of us are even in terms of skill so it made for some good times.

Looking forward to bettering my playing and having a go with everyone when I can.

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Average Joe said:
I just messed around with the TCP/UDP ports and that seems to have done the trick.

Info here:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/onlineFirewall.jsp

Finally got some random matches fairly quickly and free of lag.

I'll be online frequently today as I took the day off from work since I hadn't had one in a while.

I can't get online for shit, I suck. TCP UDP IP WTF!?!?!? I am a failure at life.:conf: :( :blow_top:

talks2wall

Host for Orochi
Average Joe said:
Me and talks2wall just had some solid matches.

I think both of us are even in terms of skill so it made for some good times.

Looking forward to bettering my playing and having a go with everyone when I can.
I dunno Joe, you seem to have a much better grasp on the game than me :emb: but we sure had some challenging and fun matches. I still feel pretty noob-ish. :D I had nothing against your Pikachu. I had some good (taunt filled) matches with Spike earlier as well, before he left me... :sadpanda:

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
We should get some sort of 1v1 tournament going, just to see where everyone stands and for the fun of it. I'm sure we can get 8 contestants relatively easy.

Rules should be FD, no items, 5 stock, best of 3, any interest in getting this started? I'd keep track of it if necessary

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I'm gonna be adding all these people in the next few minutes if you can add me back

3995-6187-6259

And if anyone wants to play I'll sit around waiting.

Adding Joe, SSS, Yucky, Soniku, Muffin, Duque, T2W, Spike, Ray, Arthas, Weevus, Alec, Zenimus, Herman, Craig, and Eric

Everyone that has posted in the thread so far.

talks2wall

Host for Orochi
lithy said:
I'm gonna be adding all these people in the next few minutes if you can add me back

3995-6187-6259

And if anyone wants to play I'll sit around waiting.

Adding Joe, SSS, Yucky, Soniku, Muffin, Duque, T2W, Spike, Ray, Arthas, Weevus, Alec, Zenimus, Herman, Craig, and Eric

Everyone that has posted in the thread so far.
lithy, join my room you wanker! :D

lithy

20 Year Member
talks2wall said:
lithy, join my room you wanker! :D

Have you made it yet? I click your name and Join Room is greyed out.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
When I get home this afternoon, I will put you all in.
I played Melee just to open shit but never really 'felt' the game, but this time, I feel as if there are a couple of characters I really like and am beginning to "see" what's going on. So much damn fun. Seriously, you can't pigeonhole it as a "fighting game", and if you call it that you will only end up disappointed. It's more like a VS. action platformer, for lack of a better genre label. Really good.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
2835-9831-1986

Just added everyone else that's posted their number in this thread already.

lithy

20 Year Member
I gotta run T2W and whoever Irem was, good matches, maybe I'll be able to play some more later tonight if anyone else will be around.

SSS

neo retired
lithy said:
I gotta run T2W and whoever Irem was, good matches, maybe I'll be able to play some more later tonight if anyone else will be around.

Irem was me, you unbeatable SOB. :envy:

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Does anybody have a net gear router and can actually play online, cause I can't and I have firewalls disabled...

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
crujones4life said:
Does anybody have a net gear router and can actually play online, cause I can't and I have firewalls disabled...

You know, I couldn't get on right away, but I just went in and tinkered with a few things, and I have pretty much lag free matches. I just played Average Joe just now, and there was zero lag.

Change the channel to either 1 or 11... I don't know much about routers, but I changed mine from 1 TO 11, and for whatever reason, now it works great. Just mess with the settings a bit and see what happens. Do a google search to see what you are supposed to have, and good luck.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Try opening the ports in the linked I mentioned a few posts back.

I just looked at the Netgear 'Help' section and it seemed quite informative.

Here's a start.

On that second image, where it says 'Service Type' just select TCP and then add in the numbers listed on that earlier Nintendo link.

Example: In 'Starting Port' put in 28910 and then the same number in 'Ending Port' then click 'Apply' and do that for 29900, 29901, 29920, 80, and 443 as well.

For UDP you're just going to put 1~66534 in 'Starting' and 'Ending'.

What Spike mentioned could help too as wireless signals can often jam each other up (do a quick search on that Netgear site and you should find it no problem.)

I'm not too good with tech stuff myself, but you really don't need to be with Google by your side as I didn't even know what TCP/UDP crap was until just the other day when I got this game and had to open those ports to get my game to work.

When you get a good connection going in this game, there's practically no lag at all and even though Nintendo's still needlessly far behind on the online field, my overall impressions of Brawl's online functionality is very positive thus far.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
I got my ports opened and can play Random now. I will post my FC here later today.

Ancient Flounder

15 Year Member
How long does it usually take to have numbers register? I got everyone on my list, but it still shows that all the numbers entered are awaiting registration.

lithy

20 Year Member
KumagaiToshiro said:
How long does it usually take to have numbers register? I got everyone on my list, but it still shows that all the numbers entered are awaiting registration.

We have to add you back, which I'm adding the two newest people you and bigB right now and I'm gonna be around to play if anyone else is.

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I added a bunch of yous and I am gonna add the rest tonight. anybody want to set up some matches for tonight between like 8pm-12am?..Don't forget to add me.
My code is in my first post.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
MilkManX said:
I got my ports opened and can play Random now. I will post my FC here later today.

You gotta help me do that shit tomorrow.

:D

Ancient Flounder

15 Year Member
lithy said:
We have to add you back, which I'm adding the two newest people you and bigB right now and I'm gonna be around to play if anyone else is.

k wasn't sure if it was a small wait period or not. Good to know.

showdownfan666

Baseball Star Hitter
2535-3369-2302

I'll add all of you later tonight. I was able to play 4 lag free matches in random(except right before another player and I went to sudden death)
I'm not very good but I got a win and the rest were 2nd places. Alot of Marth and Meta Knights.

bigb32

Quiz Detective
i think i've added almost everyone, so dont forget to add me.

0817-3420-8092

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
You people need to add me, Ihave added all of you and only 3 of you have added me, come on people I have yet to play an online match and it is killing me