Found a Hyper in my closet.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Hyper Neo should just stay one of those systems that's never going to be emulated. Like Jaguar CD or CD-I or Virtual Boy or something.

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
Originally Posted by Xian Xi
Are you fucking serious? Why the fuck would I endorse an emulator when I own the actual hardware? Only the people who own the hardware should be blessed with playing the NG64 games.

I never want to see the Hyper 64 emulated even though I would love to be able to play vs online with other people around the world but I don't really play with teh romz even though I just recently found out you could play online with other people with mame. Damn I'm out of date.

Samurai Shodown V Special being played online with MAME.

Do people even still play this and how the hell would I find somewhere on here to play vs with. I wanna play some SS2 :drool: PM me anyone if your down to play some MOTW or any version of Samurai Shodown.

SSS

neo retired
why the hell are you guys so damn stupid? "I hope the hyper is never emulated" then what the fuck are you going to do in ten years when your hyper dies and you can't find a Rev 2 on ebay? SNK didn't build the hyper like the MVS, anyone who actually owns the damn thing knows that.

"emulation devalues the games" Neo Alec, the hyper games aren't worth cash now, and if you're treating games like stock you have no business being in the hobby in the first place. get off your high horse. this pompous ass type of attitude should have died with the popularity of homecarts.

I'd love to see the hyper emulated. i'd like to see the kind of dedication in deving the emulator that CPS3 saw a year ago.

Last edited:

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
why the hell are you guys so damn stupid? "I hope the hyper is never emulated" then what the fuck are you going to do in ten years when your hyper dies and you can't find a Rev 2 on ebay? SNK didn't build the hyper like the MVS, anyone who actually owns the damn thing knows that.

"emulation devalues the games" Neo Alec, the hyper games aren't worth cash now, and if you're treating games like stock you have no business being in the hobby in the first place. get off your high horse.

I'd love to see the hyper emulated. i'd like to see the kind of dedication in deving the emulator that CPS3 saw a year ago.

Me too. And I'm serious. I think the main reason the Mame guys aren't so focused on hyper64 is the fact that they imagine nobody cares about it, since it's a "failed" system.

C'mon, besides Beast Busters (dunno if it's good, just saw in the cades, never played, horrible visuals) there's NO bad games in Hyper64 library. Too bad so little people had known the hardware at the time to make it worth.

SSS

neo retired
Buriki One is one of SNK's finest moments. the other fighters are great as well. I've had a hyper board and all the fighters for a few years now. I'd hate to see the day when these games are lost to the sands of time.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Buriki One is one of SNK's finest moments. the other fighters are great as well. I've had a hyper board and all the fighters for a few years now. I'd hate to see the day when these games are lost to the sands of time.

God, we in Brazil were so lucky. besides X-treme Rally, Buriki One and SamSHo64 2, I was able too see and play them all. Some people around here told me that the saw the other games in other cities, but I'm not sure. I don't have reason do disbelieve it, since SNK was very good with was that time - we even had games in portguese, a touch that no other company had spared with us.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
then what the fuck are you going to do in ten years when your hyper dies and you can't find a Rev 2 on ebay?
Not this bullshit stale argument again. And I have a Rev 1. My rig is setup for it.

SSS

neo retired
I could care less what your "rig" consists of. your hardware will die eventually. and this supposed exclusive hyper club you think you belong to is all in your head. it isn't a stale argument, but I know there's is going to be no convincing you. you're the guy with every MVS cart and no cabs who views it as some sort of status symbol. news flash, no one cares how many neo carts you own.

SNK dropped the ball and should have made the games readily available on other formats. they at least made a half hearted attempt with FFWA. dreamcast would have been a perfect candidate.

Last edited:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Yeah, I honestly think it would be good if the Hyper 64 was eventually fully emulated. I think this way mainly because it's a video game setup that should last as long as possible and we should still be able to play them even when the hardware is long gone.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
you're the guy with every MVS cart and no cabs who views it as some sort of status symbol. news flash, no one cares how many neo carts you own.
If you view games as a status symbol, you're a nerd. Maybe you do, but don't impose your beliefs on me.

SSS

neo retired
Neo Alec said:
If you view games as a status symbol, you're a nerd. Maybe you do, but don't impose your beliefs on me.

you don't? then why do you throw a hissy fit everytime someone mentions emulating games you own?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
you don't? then why do you throw a hissy fit everytime someone mentions emulating games you own?

Because we paid for them.

Bibliophile

, I liek DragonWarrior
How did I miss this thread? The HNG64 is perhaps the most underappreciated arcade system out there. My only regret about it is that more games didn't come out for it. I have six out of the seven HNG64 games (still trying to figure out how to get Beast Busters and Road's Edge to work, though). But I will say this: Buriki One is one of the best fighting games ever, and the most innovative.

BTW, I have an extra Rev 1 mobo, Sam Sho 64 1, and Buriki one that I may sell if anyone here is interested.

SSS

neo retired
Xian Xi said:
Because we paid for them.

big deal. none of that cash went to SNK. I bet if SNKP somehow managed to license them out say to gametap for a fee you guys would still bitch. Even though it would be legal, you'd still complain gametap users are cheap and don't have the dedication to the hardware like you do. There is no hyper owners club. stop being so damn selfish.

If you guys were actually fans of the games you'd want to see them preserved. but apparently all you care about is the fact you own a 50 lb metal cpu.

Jae686

Cheng's Errand Boy
Bibliophile said:
How did I miss this thread? The HNG64 is perhaps the most underappreciated arcade system out there. My only regret about it is that more games didn't come out for it. I have six out of the seven HNG64 games (still trying to figure out how to get Beast Busters and Road's Edge to work, though). But I will say this: Buriki One is one of the best fighting games ever, and the most innovative.

BTW, I have an extra Rev 1 mobo, Sam Sho 64 1, and Buriki one that I may sell if anyone here is interested.

IF you live in europe, I might be temped......

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
big deal. none of that cash went to SNK. I bet if SNKP somehow managed to license them out say to gametap for a fee you guys would still bitch. Even though it would be legal, you'd still complain gametap users are cheap and don't have the dedication to the hardware like you do. There is no hyper owners club. stop being so damn selfish.

If you guys were actually fans of the games you'd want to see them preserved. but apparently all you care about is the fact you own a 50 lb metal cpu.
It would be okay if GameTap licensed them. Right now I'm not sure how they would, since the games aren't even emulated yet. Keeping the games exclusively playable only on the original hardware not only makes some people feel like they're part of some exclusive club (which I can take or leave) but also better justifies your purchase because there was no alternative. Finding out something is emulated after you paid a bunch of money for it makes you feel like you might have wasted your money, and that's not fair because the alternative is stealing.

I don't throw hissy fits -- that's in your head. I do however wonder why you go out of your way to justify your emulation habit. Your only reason I can imagine would be to reassure yourself that there's nothing wrong with it.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Personally, I would really like to see a Hyper-64 collection for current gen consoles.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
Personally, I would really like to see a Hyper-64 collection for current gen consoles.
I've been saying that for a long time too. I think perhaps the ship has sailed. Dreamcast or sometime in that era would have been ideal, but now I fear 3-D graphics have advanced too far beyond what the Hyper offered making the games just too outdated for today's audiences. Such a collection would probably have a very small hardcore audience, although I would like to believe there are enough fans of the Samurai and Fatal Fury franchises that would want to check the games out.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Neo Alec said:
I've been saying that for a long time too. I think perhaps the ship has sailed. Dreamcast or sometime in that era would have been ideal, but now I fear 3-D graphics have advanced too far beyond what the Hyper offered making the games just too outdated for today's audiences. Such a collection would probably have a very small hardcore audience, although I would like to believe there are enough fans of the Samurai and Fatal Fury franchises that would want to check the games out.

Such collection isn't possible anymore, since SNKP lost the source of those games. The only way a compilation could be possible is emulation.

I believe that this collection would not fare well, but the SS games could be bundled im a complete SS compilation. The same with FF.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Verythrax said:
Such collection isn't possible anymore, since SNKP lost the source of those games. The only way a compilation could be possible is emulation.
What's the difference between the source and the roms? I mean, I suppose I can see how the source would be necessary for reprogramming, but how this changes the ability to re-release the games in practice would probably be a total mystery to most of us.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Neo Alec said:
What's the difference between the source and the roms?

With the source, you can recompile the game to run natively on the new hardware, add options, game modes and such - yeah, you can do it it with roms, but through hacking, what doesn't optimize the code and it's more limited.

And of course, you can implement new "features" in the "emulator" itself, as art galleries and such, just like SNKP doe in some collection releases :rolleyes:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Ya the source code is really important. It just came at a bad time for the HNG64 when SNK closed it doors, the code was probably deleted by accident in the frenzy.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Xian Xi said:
Ya the source code is really important. It just came at a bad time for the HNG64 when SNK closed it doors, the code was probably deleted by accident in the frenzy.

Maybe it will re-surface someday, in a drama filled way hitting this forum, ebay, neostore and Japhei.