Found a Hyper in my closet.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Bought it many years and just forgot all about it over time.

No game, just the board (rev 1.)

Connected it to straight JAMMA on my cab but am just getting a blue screen.

Should I get anything else on screen without a game connected?

Don't really want to track down a game if the thing may be busted to begin with.

Would be nice if it did work though as I have always wanted to try the games out.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Average Joe said:
Bought it many years and just forgot all about it over time.

No game, just the board (rev 1.)

Connected it to straight JAMMA on my cab but am just getting a blue screen.

Should I get anything else on screen without a game connected?

Don't really want to track down a game if the thing may be busted to begin with.

Would be nice if it did work though as I have always wanted to try the games out.

Nope, just a blue screen.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Ha,..Just thinking about it yesterday..."where the F is that old Rev 1 board I had...Bought it years back and forgot about it...

..That sucker is burried in the closet somewhere..

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
So what's the standard rate for games these days?

The ebay pickings were slim when I checked last night.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Wow, I'm honestly surprised at the lack of help in this thread.

For all the people here who supposedly love the Hyper, where's the love...

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
LoneSage said:
Wow, I'm honestly surprised at the lack of help in this thread.

For all the people here who supposedly love the Hyper, where's the love...

His original question was answered, the 2nd one is a question all us hyper owners have no real answer to.

Since it's a supply and demand thing the prices always go up and down, there is no real set price for anything.

These are the prices ranges I have seen for just cart only:

Buriki One: $50-100
Sam Sho 64: $30-80
Sam Sho WR: $60-90
FFWA: $30-50

If they're kits I don't know, sorry. And to add to the original question, you really need a game to see if it's working or not. Oh and if it's a Rev 1 you could see a blue or red screen.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Xian Xi said:
His original question was answered, the 2nd one is a question all us hyper owners have no real answer to.

Since it's a supply and demand thing the prices always go up and down, there is no real set price for anything.

These are the prices ranges I have seen for just cart only:

Buriki One: $50-100
Sam Sho 64: $30-80
Sam Sho WR: $60-90
FFWA: $30-50

If they're kits I don't know, sorry. And to add to the original question, you really need a game to see if it's working or not. Oh and if it's a Rev 1 you could see a blue or red screen.

That's a bad time to buy, I think. I checked ebay today (and the UK one, too) and the kits are at 130+. The same goes at the specialized online stores :(

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I personally sold it all off(except that burried board somewhere)I am too lazy to change boards in my cabs,I just leave them strickly MVS now..

To be honest the Rev 1's were pain in the ass...Today I'd only go with a Rev 2..

,,,,,so I don't follow it anymore nor really have any helpful info on them..:confused:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Xian Xi's Samurai prices might be right (probably a little low now), but they're so rarely for sale anymore, it's hard to say.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Neo Alec said:
Xian Xi's Samurai prices might be right (probably a little low now), but they're so rarely for sale anymore, it's hard to say.

Exactly, this is why there is no price guide. We can give you a ball park but thats it, I think a rule of thumb for any H64 cart is: expect to pay at least $100 per cart, if you get it cheaper cool, if you pay more thats on you.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Besides Ebay, what other places can I find Hyper stuff for sale?

I'm considering a rev2+ 4 fighters + a supergun setup.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
One of these days I'd love to have a Hyper 64 setup. Has anybody tried emulating this stuff yet?

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Lets Gekiga In said:
One of these days I'd love to have a Hyper 64 setup. Has anybody tried emulating this stuff yet?

The Mame is working on it, but it's unplayable yet. And it's not in their priority list, as it seems :angry:

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
Originally Posted by Xian Xi
expect to pay at least $100 per cart, if you get it cheaper cool, if you pay more thats on you.

XX is right, some of the prices he gave you were alittle low since Hyper64 is rare the price can vary. I personally bought Xian Xi FF:WA64 cart for $50 shipped I think. I bought a Buriki One kit around my birthday in July of last year off SNKJorge for $100 and I bought a SS164 cart for $90 shipped two years back.

I also saw FF:WA emulated on youtube. Here is the link.

Looks shitty 2 :lolz:

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Yuck, WTF? That looked horrendous. The game looks WAYYYYYYYYYYY better on the actual hardware. Fuck Mame.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Xian Xi said:
Yuck, WTF? That looked horrendous. The game looks WAYYYYYYYYYYY better on the actual hardware. Fuck Mame.

"THIS GAME DOESN'T WORK" explains everything ;)

Too bad that they are taking THAT long. It seems that the latest MAME version that got a Hyper64 driver improvement was last year.

Maybe we NG.com guys need to bug the MAME crew a little to make them see that are people really interessed in see that driver working soon? :glee:

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Verythrax said:
Maybe we NG.com need to bug the MAME crew a little to make them see that are people really interessed in see that driver working soon? :glee:

Are you fucking serious? Why the fuck would I endorse an emulator when I own the actual hardware? Only the people who own the hardware should be blessed with playing the NG64 games.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Xian Xi said:
Are you fucking serious? Why the fuck would I endorse an emulator when I own the actual hardware? Only the people who own the hardware should be blessed with playing the NG64 games.

Well, that's YOUR opinion.

I'm editing my post to make it more clear.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Verythrax said:
Well, that's YOUR opinion.

I'm editing my post to make it more clear.

NG.com guys, you think you speak for NG.com. Look at you, you're obviously a ROM whore. You even disrespect other member's work. Just because you have been here is 2003 doesn't mean shit to me. If this is the kind of shit you have been posting then you are no better than DashK or Fatguy.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Xian Xi said:
NG.com guys, you think you speak for NG.com. Look at you, you're obviously a ROM whore. You even disrespect other member's work. Just because you have been here is 2003 doesn't mean shit to me. If this is the kind of shit you have been posting then you are no better than DashK or Fatguy.

By NG.com guys I mean ANYONE that is a member on this forum. Specially the ones that care in play HNG64 one day, since even SNKP doens't have means to re-release this stuff in any form.

What do you mean by "You even disrespect other member's work"?

If they ban EVERY rom user on this forum (mods included) Maybe I'll take what you say seriously. Chill out, man. You being a arcade modo owner will not stop anyone from download any rom, you know.

And I have LOTS of official videogame stuff, SNK products included. I have a Neo, a NeoCD and I still use the roms if I feel so.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Verythrax said:
By NG.com guys I mean ANYONE that is a member on this forum. Specially the ones that care in play HNG64 one day, since even SNKP doens't have means to re-release this stuff in any form.

What do you mean by "You even disrespect other member's work"?

If they ban EVERY rom user on this forum (mods included) Maybe I'll take what you say seriously. Chill out, man. You being a arcade modo owner will not stop anyone from download any rom, you know.

And I have LOTS of official videogame stuff, SNK products included. I have a Neo, a NeoCD and I still use the roms if I feel so.

I flew off the handle since your edit made it seem different. I originally thought you meant NG.com as a whole when I responded. When you added "guys" it made me think you were calling me a noob and not part of the NG.com "guys".

So sorry for that.

But the one about other member's work was just about Raz's UB 2.3 being downloaded, you should have at least PM'd him about it being available for DL on someone's site. What's even more fucked up is that the site owner post's a link to Raz's site where it even says that the current release is 2.3 and the free version will be 1 release behind.

Let me apologize in the future for anyone that gets offended by me today, I am medicated right now and might go flying off the handle for no reason. I think if you read all my posts today you could probably see a pattern.

Hopefully I won't need any more medication by tomorrow.

Again sorry dude.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Xian Xi said:
I flew off the handle since your edit made it seem different. I originally thought you meant NG.com as a whole when I responded. When you added "guys" it made me think you were calling me a noob and not part of the NG.com "guys".

So sorry for that.

But the one about other member's work was just about Raz's UB 2.3 being downloaded, you should have at least PM'd him about it being available for DL on someone's site. What's even more fucked up is that the site owner post's a link to Raz's site where it even says that the current release is 2.3 and the free version will be 1 release behind.

Let me apologize in the future for anyone that gets offended by me today, I am medicated right now and might go flying off the handle for no reason. I think if you read all my posts today you could probably see a pattern.

Hopefully I won't need any more medication by tomorrow.

Again sorry dude.

No prob, that's why I told you that I would be editing my post before hand ;) I just typed too fast and missed the word - the "guys" bit was supposed to be there since the beginning :p

Well, I didn't care about PMing Raz cause I just didn't followed anything on his site. I just saw the announcement thread title, and done a Google search cause I was lazy to try to his URL.

I hope that putting the link to the page is enough to Raz download it and discover what is there to be discovered. I can send the file it to him if he prefer.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Xian Xi said:
As usual, I'm with you. People are going to say I'm caring about other people getting the games for free, that I only want my games so I can be "l33t" but dammit, being able to download and play games devalues the games. And it's a mockery if it runs so poorly.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Neo Alec said:
As usual, I'm with you. People are going to say I'm caring about other people getting the games for free, that I only want my games so I can be "l33t" but dammit, being able to download and play games devalues the games. And it's a mockery if it runs so poorly.

If FF:WA looks and plays like that on mame, I can't even imagine playing Buriki on it. First timers would think that it's a horrible game.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Xian Xi said:
If FF:WA looks and plays like that on mame, I can't even imagine playing Buriki on it. First timers would think that it's a horrible game.

That's why it's a good idea to hurry them to make the emulation better. But oh well, let's not start again :tickled: