My new HNG 64

Piccolo_DBz

Astra,
Congrats on getting a HNG64 board, I finished getting all 4 fighters for it and buriki is a must have.

fuerstma

n00b
Oh yeah, a question or two..

There sure are a lot of additional connectors on the boards. And I know those aren't cheap to put on there, so they are there on purpose. I understand that at least one is a stereo sound output. What exactly are the other connectors? Did anyone get pinned down if one of the connectors is actually for an external LCD? Does that work on the Fighting motherboard? Has anyone hooked anything up to that? That'd be really cool.

And I understand the Hyper heats up quite a bit. Has anyone mounted their board in a Big Red and experienced heat related problems? I am going to have to sandwich the platform pretty close to the existing platform the MVS is on since the JAMMA cord isn't very long....

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Just looked at your blog and noticed something in your pics. Did you remove part of the metal bracketry? I didn't see the connectors all lined up below the jamma connector as you can see in a few threads below this one with pics of a rev 2.

fuerstma

n00b
Grinwing said:
Just looked at your blog and noticed something in your pics. Did you remove part of the metal bracketry? I didn't see the connectors all lined up below the jamma connector as you can see in a few threads below this one with pics of a rev 2.

Hey Grinwing... I just loaded up the Rev2 picture thread below this one.. and look at that. No, the board as you see it is how I pulled it out of the packaging. I bought it from a fellow board member. Interesting that those are gone... They obviously aren't used for much on an MVS Cabinet install? Are those connectors attached to the main board via a daughter card of some sort?

Pas

Camel Slug
fuerstma said:
Interesting that those are gone... They obviously aren't used for much on an MVS Cabinet install? Are those connectors attached to the main board via a daughter card of some sort?

They are not a daughter card but rather just wired directly to Con1, Con6, Con7, and Con8 by the JAMMA edge connector. My four pin connector does not have any pins in it and I dont see any other connectors points for it on the board so I am not sure what that is used for but I have never found a need for any of them. They could be for racing/gun boards possably but I really dont know.

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I don't use any of those connectors on the Rev 2 so they really aren't needed.

Just making an observation is all. Enjoy the games!

CADMAN2K

Kabuki Klasher
Hyper 64

I have a New Boxed Buriki One cart with art that I am open to either a trade or purchase on.
I ship Worldwide EMS.

Feel free to PM.