Army of Two

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Just pick this up yesterday.

Send me a message if you want to play co-op sometime.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
If Gamefly doesn't screw me over and I actually get it, I will be happy to join you. If everything works out I should have it tomorrow evening.

Asura

Hardened Shock Trooper
I'm in whenever you want to, PSN ID: RikanMel

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Is it that bad? A lot of people selling it already locally.

Asura

Hardened Shock Trooper
Xian Xi said:

It isn't IMO, I think they are selling it because it is too short, it have 6 stages only.
Somalia
Afghanistan
Iraq
Aircraft Carrier
China
Miami

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Xian Xi said:

It's basically Gears of War, minus the awesome storytelling and art direction.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I was about to send you a friend request, but then I didn't since I couldn't add text and I didn't have my headset handy and I didn't want you to think "who's this yahoo?"

So yeah, I'll send you a friend request- my gamertag is jro3000. I'm liking it a lot on 1P, but I'm sure 2P is far superior.

Your gamerscore > my gamerscore. :emb:

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
From the reviews I have seen, the single player feels tacked on, and is not the focus of the game. The real meat of the game is in the co op. The multiplayer versus mode also feels like GoW in the 2v2 setup.

Hopefully this will be waiting on me when I get home this evening.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Ghost-Dog said:
From the reviews I have seen, the single player feels tacked on, and is not the focus of the game. The real meat of the game is in the co op. The multiplayer versus mode also feels like GoW in the 2v2 setup.

Gamertag?

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Mobius76.

It didn't show today. Tomorrow perhaps.

venomous

NEST Puppy,
Is it true that this game doesn't support co-op via system link/ lan? It's hard to believe EA is that stupid...wait... scratch that.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Ghost-Dog said:

That really isn't a problem for me.

I beat Gears of War on all the difficulty levels playing it co-op with a friend.

Does Army of Two have acievements that reward co-op play like Gears did?

Ever since Halo 1 came out i've been in love with Co-Op FPS play.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Lagduf said:
Does Army of Two have acievements that reward co-op play like Gears did?

Yes it does. Actually many of them can be done single player, but they can also be unlocked online via co op.

I have my copy now btw, if anyone wants to team up.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
I game if anyone wants to play, here is my profile name

snk mainmam

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
I just got this a few days ago too, add me as friend to go through the whole game over the next few days

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I have been playing through the PS3 version with my wife. I like it but find the close combat to be a lot harder (for me) than I did with a game like Gears of War.

I haven't tried the online yet but have heard that you can take a guest online with you via split screen, so I may have to check that out.

What type of online game types are there? Is it just 2vs2?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Gameoz said:
I have been playing through the PS3 version with my wife. I like it but find the close combat to be a lot harder (for me) than I did with a game like Gears of War.

I haven't tried the online yet but have heard that you can take a guest online with you via split screen, so I may have to check that out.

What type of online game types are there? Is it just 2vs2?

How is the game while playing co-op? Thats my main interest in the title. Playing through it with a friend.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Lagduf said:
How is the game while playing co-op? Thats my main interest in the title. Playing through it with a friend.

Actually it is really good. You need the other player a lot more than any other war (co-op) game that I can remember. I don't know what Army of two is like playing it with the computer but having a friend next to you works really well.

There is really a lot of strategy with choosing who will draw the ememy fire (glow red). My wife uses a machine gun to draw fire and I have an upgraded shotgun that I like to sneak behind the enemies and take them out. I do die a lot though because I still suck at the really close combat. However, I love the way the healing is done in this game, where the player can drag you out of the way, while you continue to shoot the enemies. I have to believe this works a lot better with a human player as I can't see a computer player being as responsive.

We are on the aircraft stage (4th of 6 stages) and so far I have had a blast with this. I am glad that I rented it though as I am not sure how many times I will play through it. I might check out the online but I have heard it isn't that easy to get into a game.

Pimping out your weapon (gold shot gun) and mask is an awesome feature.

EDIT:I am of course playing local co-op split screen. So, if you are talking about online co-op I really can't comment on that but have to believe it would be pretty good since you would have a screen to yourself. Split screen is really well done though.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Gameoz said:
Actually it is really good. You need the other player a lot more than any other war (co-op) game that I can remember. I don't know what Army of two is like playing it with the computer but having a friend next to you works really well.

There is really a lot of strategy with choosing who will draw the ememy fire (glow red). My wife uses a machine gun to draw fire and I have an upgraded shotgun that I like to sneak behind the enemies and take them out. I do die a lot though because I still suck at the really close combat. However, I love the way the healing is done in this game, where the player can drag you out of the way, while you continue to shoot the enemies. I have to believe this works a lot better with a human player as I can't see a computer player being as responsive.

We are on the aircraft stage (4th of 6 stages) and so far I have had a blast with this. I am glad that I rented it though as I am not sure how many times I will play through it. I might check out the online but I have heard it isn't that easy to get into a game.

Pimping out your weapon (gold shot gun) and mask is an awesome feature.

EDIT:I am of course playing local co-op split screen. So, if you are talking about online co-op I really can't comment on that but have to believe it would be pretty good since you would have a screen to yourself. Split screen is really well done though.

This sounds exactly like what I was expecting it to be like. A good game for local co-op. I'm sure online would be great too (co-op). Like I said i'm not really interested in playing the game single player by myself. Everything I've read about the game makes me think that it was really developed with the intent of two people playing it at the same time.

Even the Army of Two demo was multiplayer only!

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Lagduf said:
Even the Army of Two demo was multiplayer only!

I deleted it after it became apparent that I couldnt play it by myself.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Nesagwa said:
I deleted it after it became apparent that I couldnt play it by myself.

I played online co-op for a bit. the guy i played with was an idiot though. And as far as I knew their was no voice communication, or he wasn't responding to what i was saying. He literally couldn't figure out how to get past the training part. Not sure if he wasn't paying attention to what it told you to do onscreen or what.

Anyway, i deleted the demo too. But I tried to go out and rent the game, but someone put a PS3 copy of the game in the Xbox 360 case that I rented :tickled: Anyway, now i have raincheck to rent Armyof Two for 360 but it's always checked out whenever i go to the video store.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Lagduf said:
I played online co-op for a bit. the guy i played with was an idiot though. And as far as I knew their was no voice communication, or he wasn't responding to what i was saying. He literally couldn't figure out how to get past the training part. Not sure if he wasn't paying attention to what it told you to do onscreen or what.

Anyway, i deleted the demo too. But I tried to go out and rent the game, but someone put a PS3 copy of the game in the Xbox 360 case that I rented :tickled: Anyway, now i have raincheck to rent Armyof Two for 360 but it's always checked out whenever i go to the video store.

Well, a rental is the way to go, so I am sure you will have fun with it when you find it. Being able to communicate is huge in this game, so if you played with someone that was not communicating, I am sure it was a disaster.

As you know the game is huge on one player drawing fire, while the other player moves to take out ememy positions. As mentioned, I am playing through this with my wife (now on the last level) and this is the most I have talked during a game. The communication/team work part of this game is what makes it great.

As a one player game or a game with no communication, I have to believe that it sucks.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Gameoz said:
Well, a rental is the way to go, so I am sure you will have fun with it when you find it. Being able to communicate is huge in this game, so if you played with someone that was not communicating, I am sure it was a disaster.

As you know the game is huge on one player drawing fire, while the other player moves to take out ememy positions. As mentioned, I am playing through this with my wife (now on the last level) and this is the most I have talked during a game. The communication/team work part of this game is what makes it great.

As a one player game or a game with no communication, I have to believe that it sucks.

Have you read the names of the achievements? lolz

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Lagduf said:
Have you read the names of the achievements? lolz

No, I am guessing that is 360 only?

I only have a PS3 and a Wii now.