Multi game jamma pcb hacking question

Pas

Camel Slug
Has anyone tried hacking and changing the roms on any of the multigame jamma boards? I have been looking into the Eagle, Babystar, or 1066/1069 boards to have some fun with but havnet really been able to find much useful information about messing with these units. Id be very interested in pictures, card/drive images, etc...anything that would help cracking/hacking some of these to where games could be added or changed before I go drop a ton of cash on one of them. Sure I know they are only about $300 each but thats alot of $ to drop on something that I just want to mess around with when I have other projects waiting for funds to be completed right now.

madbare

n00b
Hi there,

I have one of these PCB's and have been looking into hacking it. I did manage to get a trackball working with it and it was not too difficult. The system is Windows 2000 running different versions of mame. It appears they did customize this some bit. I wrote a How To on adding the trackball and it has some screen shots of the file structures. The interesting thing is that there are about 2000 roms on the HD, but only 1069 show up on the game system. It appears there is something that is limiting what you can view. I believe this can be cracked and more games added. It just needs some one who is very familiar with mame to look at it. I am a noob so still trying to figure things out. Send me a PM with your email and I can shoot the how to with the screen shots over to you.

Steve :D

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I dont have this board but one thing (in regards to the 2000 roms, 1,069 showing up) I do know about mame and some other emus is that in some cases you need multiple zips/versions of one game to equal say a working english game. Seems like to me theres a base of a game XXX.zip and then XXXen.zip to get it it in english. Not sure how many this would account for but Im sure theres dozens more knowledgeable on the subject than me.

madbare

n00b
Actually I found a website that show how to hack this thing. I tried it out last night and it is working great. There are quite a few steps to adding ROMs to it, but as long as you are careful it works.

http://xxxx-in-1.wikidot.com/

Steve :buttrock:

Jonosborne

n00b
Hi I saw on a thread that uou had posted a website regarding hacking/adding games to a babystar xxxx in 1 multicade. I tried to visit the site but it appears that it was deleted long ago. I was wondering if you still have that information available anywhere online. I am currently trying to add games to my system and would greatly appreciate the info! Thank you for your time!

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Hi I saw on a thread that uou had posted a website regarding hacking/adding games to a babystar xxxx in 1 multicade. I tried to visit the site but it appears that it was deleted long ago. I was wondering if you still have that information available anywhere online. I am currently trying to add games to my system and would greatly appreciate the info! Thank you for your time!

Hope you don't have to wait 12 years to get a reply. Dummy.