Ketsui and DOJ Black Label...on XBox 360.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Looks like 5pb are working on a patch for DOJBL already. I knew this was going to happen. I hope they continue to support this game after that.

Sonic R

Overtop Pathfinder
Any folks here get they DDPDOJBLEX?

You'd think it was the biggest piece of shit game after reading up on it at shmups.com forums… fuck them.

Any how, I like it and find it a fine game.

Only gripe I have is that initial loading times are a bit long and can drive patience after a while. Other than that, I think the game is fine :tickled:

I've been playing this up all week and I can't stop!

rockhoward

Crossed Swords Squire
I got it last night. I agree the initial loading time and loading time between changing from Black Label to old White version and vice versa are annoying, but I'm sure patch will fix it eventually.

You'd think it was the biggest piece of shit game after reading up on it at shmups.com forums… fuck them.

Sure, this game has bugs here and there, but shmups people are overreacting. I'm just glad I can play it on my LCD on 1080p with ease. The game looks fuzzy on my TV with PS2 port.

Kiken

Camel Slug
How sad it was delayed

hope it gets released eventually

It's not sad at all. The May release date was way too early. It's good to see that 5pb are taking this port seriously (unlike EXAMU and their recent port of S!AH2). Sakari has apparently been asking for help on the project from both Cave and Mihara (Arika's lead programmer).

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Site updated again.

I couldnt make too much out on that site...did the update confirm the release date or any other info? Also, does anyone know if Ketsui is getting a limited edition release as well? I thought about pre-ordering, but wanted to confirm if there was going to be some kind of limited edition first?

thanks!

ironish

Dodgeball Yakuza
I got a chance to play DOJ BL this weekend, and thought I would give my 2 cents. The game is probably the worst Cave port that I've played, worse than Mushi and Ibara. The game runs a bit choppy. I probably wouldn't mind it as much if there was no PS2 version to compare it to. So if you have the PS2 version of the original stick with it. I'm hoping they do a better job with the Ketsui port.

Sonic R

Overtop Pathfinder
I got a chance to play DOJ BL this weekend, and thought I would give my 2 cents. The game is probably the worst Cave port that I've played, worse than Mushi and Ibara. The game runs a bit choppy. I probably wouldn't mind it as much if there was no PS2 version to compare it to. So if you have the PS2 version of the original stick with it. I'm hoping they do a better job with the Ketsui port.

What kind of display are you played it on?

There are issue with playing it on a LCD/widescreen display with VGA cables.

I play mine on a TATE 4:3 HD CRT in 480p using component cables and it play seemlessly. I also prefer the gameplay of Black Label over vanilla DOJ (I used to dislike DOJ until I play Black Label).

Load times are shit though…

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
I couldnt make too much out on that site...did the update confirm the release date or any other info? Also, does anyone know if Ketsui is getting a limited edition release as well? I thought about pre-ordering, but wanted to confirm if there was going to be some kind of limited edition first?

thanks!

So far, all it says is that there's only one version, and the release date is undecided yet.

ironish

Dodgeball Yakuza
What kind of display are you played it on?

There are issue with playing it on a LCD/widescreen display with VGA cables.

I play mine on a TATE 4:3 HD CRT in 480p using component cables and it play seemlessly. I also prefer the gameplay of Black Label over vanilla DOJ (I used to dislike DOJ until I play Black Label).

Load times are shit though…

I played it on an LCD using a HDMI cable. I guess they should fix that since a lot of people these days have a widescreen TV.