Ketsui and DOJ Black Label...on XBox 360.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
hi, Batsugun sucks in MAME and Dogyuun's sound doesn't work. thanks

plus you can say that about all the old games on XBLA

Well, I can guarantee you'll see fixes to those in MAME before you see them get released on XBLA. Keep reaching for that star though. I will admit, I didn't realize Batsugun was emulated so bad. I just tried it out, but before that I've only ever played it via my Saturn.

And I would say that about all old games for XBLA. Unless they add online playability, I don't really see the point.

Oh, hi.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I want to play these so bad... Never played Ketsui.

Are they ever going to dump/emulate DDPDOJ on MAME?

By the way, don't give me the lecture about teh romzorz. I don't care. I just want to play the fucking game.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Funny story:

People pool together to buy a ketsui PCB to send off to "the guru". He dumps the game.

The MAME dev team has emulation working, however as Tinz stated, Cave threatened to drop the hammer if they release the ROMs or a version of MAME that can run them.

So "the guru" has a ketsui PCB (which he doesn't care for supposedly) that people donated to him and absolutely no progress was made to release this to everyone.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Funny story:

People pool together to buy a ketsui PCB to send off to "the guru". He dumps the game.

The MAME dev team has emulation working, however as Tinz stated, Cave threatened to drop the hammer if they release the ROMs or a version of MAME that can run them.

So "the guru" has a ketsui PCB (which he doesn't care for supposedly) that people donated to him and absolutely no progress was made to release this to everyone.

I laugh every time I hear that one :lolz:

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Funny story:

I remember when that was going on. I thought of donating... But then I decided that I would just start my own Ketsui fund. Looks like neither will ever happen.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Funny story:

Thats just awful, he should have found out about any legal implications before hand. what a jerk. i dont suppose he is going to refund anyone who gave him the donations....

Kiken

Camel Slug
One of the MAME guys said:
It's protected by an undumpable MCU and Cave has told us we're in deep trouble if we emulate it.

I highlighted the important part there... the encryption used on the SH2 series is a huge hurdle. And I believe that Arika, not Cave, sent the cease and desist letter to them... since at the time, they still had the distro rights to Ketsui and didn't want an emulation popping up.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
You mean the PGM hardware, not 'SH2'. If you open up the shell on a DDP: Doj PCB, you can see the unified PGM board with the IGS-labelled ICs.

The PGM hardware is based on a 20 MHz 68HC000

Some PGM games are already playable in MAME.

Last edited:

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Thats just awful, he should have found out about any legal implications before hand. what a jerk. i dont suppose he is going to refund anyone who gave him the donations....

I'm sure he knew of the legal implications before hand, as did the buyers. I've never heard of a donation being refunded. Its a shame more people don't have a chance to play this game, but theres nothing wrong with developers protecting their IP.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I'm sure he knew of the legal implications before hand, as did the buyers. I've never heard of a donation being refunded. Its a shame more people don't have a chance to play this game, but theres nothing wrong with developers protecting their IP.

I agree. I dont know the whole background story, but from what has been said here, I just think its sounds terribly fishy....

Well, at any rate, I'm looking forward to the port :)

GodOfHardcore

Galford's Armourer
Oh it'll be dumped.

Things like this haven't stopped people before. even if it's an underground thing

J. Max

judas,
I don't understand why they region lock these games if they aren't intending to release them outside of Japan. Surely they realize that only the hardcore would import them and more importantly they don't hurt US sales because there isn't a US version!

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
I don't understand why they region lock these games if they aren't intending to release them outside of Japan. Surely they realize that only the hardcore would import them and more importantly they don't hurt US sales because there isn't a US version!

Microsoft wants you to buy a Japanese 360. It helps them artificially inflate their marketshare in Japan.

lidiaandmichael

Crazed MVS Addict
Region locking is suck bullshit. If I want to buy a game I should be able to and not limited by regional restrictions!

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Seems like quite a few people in Japan have gotten it already, and word on the internet so far is that the port leaves quite a bit to be desired. The main game seems to be intact, but it appears that the load times, menu interface, and game options aren't as good as they should have been. It also seems to be a bit buggy.

While I'm very sad to hear all this, I believe that at least most of these issues can be fixed/improved via updates. I remember when Raiden Fighters Aces was first released, and how buggy it was (sound cutting off, crashing). But after a few updates, RFA is now seemingly bug-free, and has a bunch of game/menu options added, which transformed it into something really great. I hope 5pb follows in Gulti's footsteps, and does to DOJBL what Gulti did to RFA.

Kiken

Camel Slug
Seems like quite a few people in Japan have gotten it already, and word on the internet so far is that the port leaves quite a bit to be desired. The main game seems to be intact, but it appears that the load times, menu interface, and game options aren't as good as they should have been. It also seems to be a bit buggy.

Yeah... apparently the initial load time is damned near a minute (the theory is that 5pb basically coded a custom emulator for the ROM and decided that the best way to implement it was to have everything load into memory when the game boots up), and the menus are rather unintuitive... but once you're into the game iteself, it's not so bad.

The slowdown seems to have been recreated well, but some of the chains have been altered and the timing is a bit different. Also, you start out with a single credit and have to unlock additional credits through playtime (X-Mode unlocks after 6 hours of play).

While I'm very sad to hear all this, I believe that at least most of these issues can be fixed/improved via updates. I remember when Raiden Fighters Aces was first released, and how buggy it was (sound cutting off, crashing). But after a few updates, RFA is now seemingly bug-free, and has a bunch of game/menu options added, which transformed it into something really great. I hope 5pb follows in Gulti's footsteps, and does to DOJBL what Gulti did to RFA.

The problem here is that it took 3 updates across nearly 5 months for RFA to finally become what it is now. I just hope that 5pb go back to the drawing board for the port of Ketsui.