Ketsui and DOJ Black Label...on XBox 360.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
I wonder how much money Microsoft threw at this...

Oh well, I'm just glad they did it.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
It would be cool if they got a US release. Otherwise I'd sooner buy the pcbs than import an X360.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
According to Kotaku..they are getting a US release. Also, if these are DLC games then it will come here for sure. XBLA games never release for just one region iirc.

Time to crack out those 360 sticks again:tickled:

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Kotaku doesn't have any more info than what was shown in famitsu. There's no word on a US release yet. It would make sense for them to do it, but Kotaku is jumping the gun a little.

Kiken

Camel Slug
DecepticonZero said:
According to Kotaku..they are getting a US release. Also, if these are DLC games then it will come here for sure. XBLA games never release for just one region iirc.

Time to crack out those 360 sticks again:tickled:

This is a physical, disc-based media release.

The speculation for world-wide release comes from a single line in the Famitsu reviews that says something to the effect of "Compete (in score) against players from around the world!". It looks like standard PR jargon.. but who knows...

Battlesmurf

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I think it's great news :) I'm just hoping more people get a chance to enjoy these games- they really shouldn't be as obscure as they are.

And the fact that BL is on there makes me super happy! No suicide battery- and it'll probably be easier to buy a disc than to track down a 1xxx pcb for BL (I snoozed on the last one that came around :(

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
this is good. more people should really play ketsui. and maybe i'll finally get a chance to check out DOJ. btw, i gotta agree with Saturn2DFreak's statement.

WeinerDogSunglasses

Ghost of Captain Kidd
15 Year Member
I know it's premature and noobish to think that these ports will lower the value on the PCBs, but I sure hope they do

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Oh shit.

I'm not l33t($$$) enough to own these PCBs so I'm pretty hyped at being able to play Ketsui in any affordable way.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Wow. Very surprising news. If PS2 is any indicator, I thought PS3 would be gobbling up all the shooters from here on out, especially with the lack of support in Japan for 360 for obvious reasons. Hell, I would've bet they'd just stay on PS2 for a while before any came over the the box.

No way it'll be region free if it's Japan only. I wouldn't hold my breath for it coming to the states either. A replay DVD packed in would be icing on the cake though.

BIG

sony fanboy
tempting, but i think i'm gonna wait until MS get their act together (rrod) before taking the plunge.

JerryG20

n00b
OMG this is fantastic news! All this time I thought that all was lost with playing new CAVE games. I remember something about they wanted to put Ketsui on the PS2 and got really far but there was too much lag and the developer felt it didn't do justice? I guess there is now good reason for me to get a 360 (i don't have any next-gen console yet). Anyone wonder if they MIGHT consider doing ESPGaluda II if Ketsui does well in sales?

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
JerryG20 said:
Anyone wonder if they MIGHT consider doing ESPGaluda II if Ketsui does well in sales?

If DDPDOJBL and Ketsui do well enough for them to consider doing more, my guess is that Deathsmiles and/or Mushihime-sama Futari will be next. 3 reasons why I think this : First, because these 2 are more recent. Second, because they seem to be the 2 most popular Cave games in Japan. Third, because neither of them have been ported yet either.

Again, just my guess.

Segafan4life

Banned
Hentai Sama said:
If DDPDOJBL and Ketsui do well enough for them to consider doing more, my guess is that Deathsmiles and/or Mushihime-sama Futari will be next. 3 reasons why I think this : First, because these 2 are more recent. Second, because they seem to be the 2 most popular Cave games in Japan. Third, because neither of them have been ported yet either.

Again, just my guess.

I would pay good money for a Espgaluda 2 port.

SSS

neo retired
How about a Toaplan collection for XBLA?

Batsugun, Zero Wing, Truxton 1/2, Sky Shark etc.. most importantly Dogyuun

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
How about a Toaplan collection for XBLA?

Batsugun, Zero Wing, Truxton 1/2, Sky Shark etc.. most importantly Dogyuun

You'd basically just be paying teh roms. Those are free.

SSS

neo retired
subcons said:
You'd basically just be paying teh roms. Those are free.

hi, Batsugun sucks in MAME and Dogyuun's sound doesn't work. thanks

plus you can say that about all the old games on XBLA

GaijinPunch

Kabuki Klasher
First, because these 2 are more recent.

My guess is that they are far more expensive than these games (in terms of licensing). Ketsui & DOJ:BL are ancient in IP terms.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
GaijinPunch said:
My guess is that they are far more expensive than these games (in terms of licensing). Ketsui & DOJ:BL are ancient in IP terms.

Very true, but there's a good chance that the cost of the licenses would be offset by their sales due to popularity (if my observations are correct). Though it wouldn't be much of an issue if said licensing fees are being unofficially funded by...soMeone el$e...*cough* :eye: :eye:

Last edited:

GaijinPunch

Kabuki Klasher
Unfortunately, I don't think the numbers will justify a port. DOJ & ESPGaluda are perhaps the best arcade to home ports ever (excellent ports + excellent extras) considering the difference in hardware, and their numbers were pretty dismal at a rumored 10,000 or so each. PS2 install base is like 18 billion machines in Japan. Xbox360 is just 18. We'll see, but these ports don't really get me hard. I'm sure I will have to pay big bucks (or walk down the street) to play the more recent games. Luckily I have no life now that I'm a father so can concentrate my "fun funds" on such PCBs.