The official 1cc Video Thread

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
Cool vids RLC, T2W, and Wizzy. I'm going to do a few shmups when I get some time I hope.

BBH - It's been a while since I played through Black Tiger. It's been too long. I remember always finishing with over a million, but I guess it was from leeching.

Bobak - I bought my first JAMMA cab many years ago and it came with Magic Sword.
I came pretty close to 1ccing it by playing every level, but never did. I've done it using level selects and warps though. However, my roommate did do it. I was at work, so he left the machine running so I could see his score :emb:

Last edited:

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
I guess I could load up a Batrider 1cc video.

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
Thanks for the comments, guys. :)

@T2W: Yeah, the scrolling's a little annoying. Tried a few camera adjustments, and different zoom / framerate settings with the same results. As you can see in the video, the issue isn't nearly as bad on darker levels. Playing with the brightness settings didn't help too much, so I just left things alone. Might use a different TV if I upload another video, because the issue isn't as bad.

As far as not using an original Super Mario Bros only cartridge, that was intentional. :p Have a few of those, but I grew up playing the combo cart most of the time. Here's another reason I used a SMB / Duck Hunt combo cart:

too_many_marios-1.jpg

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
djdelly said:
I still doubt that you are going to see anything form me aytime soon ... I can get up to level 5 on blazing star on one credit, but not much farther and I have no clue how to beat that damn baby with out dieing 5-10 times.

Stage 6 is where the shit really hits the fan on Blazing Star. I don't have much of a problem with it any more unless I get greedy and leech the boss too much...

I'm definitely going to make a Blazing Star video at some point but I've been busy with some other things lately and haven't been in the mood to try to record anything. It WILL happen though!

Desopolis

n00b
The GF has enough points on puzzle bobble to get the record on Twin Galaxies, but the video is HUGE!!
any suggestions on compressing it? the camera has 0 compression of the bat..

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
BBH said:
Stage 6 is where the shit really hits the fan on Blazing Star. I don't have much of a problem with it any more unless I get greedy and leech the boss too much...

I'm definitely going to make a Blazing Star video at some point but I've been busy with some other things lately and haven't been in the mood to try to record anything. It WILL happen though!

This should be a hell of a video to watch man.

sven666

War Room Troll
non SNK ok?

i did a crappy run at mushi futari, atleast i got the 1CC tho.. happened to film it too :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9ZUOLKU3

working on ketsui right now.. someday ill capture an espgauda 1CC aswell..

how do you all edit your vids? any good free videoediting programs that are noob friendly?

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
RocketLawnChair said:
Well guys, I promised I'd upload a Super Mario Bros 1 Life Clear, full run, with no power-ups, so here it is. :D Was playing on a real NES when I recorded this, so there's no save state, or tool assisted bullshit. I apologize for the horrible audio / video quality. Was using my digital camera, and it didn't like my TV. (for the most part)

Click here to watch the video!

Nice job, sir. You made it look way too easy.

I need to find a video camera and do a 1cc on Psycho Soldier or 1943: The Battle of Midway though it's been 10 years since I played that one.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
sven666 said:
how do you all edit your vids? any good free videoediting programs that are noob friendly?

I export from my DV camera and encode to Xvid with Virtual Dub. The videos look pretty good before Google resizes and compresses the shit out of them :oh_no:
Virtual Dub is free and can do just about anything with plugins, but it's not very noob friendly.

sven666

War Room Troll
twalden said:
I export from my DV camera and encode to Xvid with Virtual Dub. The videos look pretty good before Google resizes and compresses the shit out of them :oh_no:
Virtual Dub is free and can do just about anything with plugins, but it's not very noob friendly.

yeah i meant more how to rotate video and edit the length and such.:eye:

i use Nero Recode to compress the files, easy as hell to use and works really well.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I WISH I had something to add to this... I just suck at games, so sadly, I won't have a vid. The best I can do (which is easy for everyone) is beating Third Strike on level 8 without losing a round to anyone... but that game is balls easy against the computer.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
i use to be able to 1cc air zonk and monster lair on the turbo back in the day, fuck if i could do it now though.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
twalden said:
Bump this thread from the dead.

Darius Gaiden 1cc. I did two 1 life runs previously. Then I turn on the camera and get this :conf:

I was going to redo it, but wanted to play Hot Shots Golf on PS3 instead :emb:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8438942309618413573
Nice vid twald you did cheese it at the end..but when your,not fully power-up some boss's do take alot of damage befor being destoryed.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
I am the master of cheese Tron. I think my videos remove any doubts :p

I finally got to watch kiken's Shikigami No Shiro 2 vids. Nice work. I've been meaning to get back to that game. I'm pretty sure my score will be higher after watching that.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
twalden said:

Darius Gaiden 1cc. I did two 1 life runs previously. Then I turn on the camera and get this :conf:

I LOVE darius gaiden.

Now here's a 1cc i'd like to see:
- Load Darius Gaiden Extra Version on mame (it's an official hack with levels in different order, et)
- Insert TWO coins and press the 2P button.
- While the game Starts press the 1P button.
- You will play ALL ZONES in alphabetical order.

That would be a hell of a 1cc video

talks2wall

Host for Orochi
twalden said:

Nice job T-Dub, although I wish the video quality could be better. :(
Have you ever tried uploading the video to any other sites that don't trash the quality as much?

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
talks2wall said:
Nice job T-Dub, although I wish the video quality could be better. :(
Have you ever tried uploading the video to any other sites that don't trash the quality as much?

Yeah, Google compresses the hell out of vids. It looks like the resize them too. I am messing around with Veoh now, but I'm having the same issue BBH had. It looks ok visually, but it's choppy. I guess I'll use one of those sites where you have to download it if I can't find anything else here shortly.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
Thanks to whoever stickied this thread :emb:

I'm working on doing a few more shmups, but I having problems. Can't seem to find a Neo shmup I can still do. This is going to take a bit of work. Stage 10 of Aerofighters 2 can kiss my ass. Might have to do another non Neo shmup to keep my sanity.