The official 1cc Video Thread

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
rarehero said:
and i go to the san pedro diversions all the time.
albeit now just to play bubble bobble on their ultracade.

I hear that the only Diversions that are still open now are the ones on San Pedro and Culebra? :( One thing I forgot to mention in that video is that although I played it at the San Pedro one first, they actually ended up moving the game around to different locations after that for some reason. I think I ended up playing that same copy of theirs at 4 different Diversions.

Hmm, Shinobi. I can definitely finish that but I'm not leet enough to get the 20k close-range bonus on every level. But I guess finishing it would be enough...

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
BBH said:
I hear that the only Diversions that are still open now are the ones on San Pedro and Culebra? :( One thing I forgot to mention in that video is that although I played it at the San Pedro one first, they actually ended up moving the game around to different locations after that for some reason. I think I ended up playing that same copy of theirs at 4 different Diversions.

Hmm, Shinobi. I can definitely finish that but I'm not leet enough to get the 20k close-range bonus on every level. But I guess finishing it would be enough...

yea. about the time i came here they had turf masters and pulstar on the
machines they had. loved that.
but now mike only has colosuem.
no NEO's at the san pedro loc and i havent been to the bandera loc for
a year or two.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Practicing shinobi now. I have never actually beat this game. But I will continue tomorrow, hopefully I will get something up.

Damn there is alot of ninjas 3rd section of the 3rd level. Its really a fun game.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
Guess I'll do something else besides Shinobi if several other people are going to do it.

I can't wait until Wizzy gets to the forest stage with all of the blue ninjas :lolz:

Last edited:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
twalden said:
Guess I'll do something else besides Shinobi if several other people are going to do it.

I can wait until Wizzy gets to the forest stage with all of the blue ninjas :lolz:
Not to derail the thread when ya gonna put the,Rastan vid up on video google ;)

wizkid007

20 Year Member
twalden said:

I can't wait until Wizzy gets to the forest stage with all of the blue ninjas :lolz:

Rastan is a tough games. Congrats on that.

wizkid007

20 Year Member
Im having a bit of an issue with shinobi... my controller wont let me shoot at a rapid pace.. and if I try to up the speed, it just stops shooting. So I am stuck on the third boss as you litterally have to shoot your way through all those statues but since I cant get through them, I end up getting pushed into the electric current killing off 2 of the lives. Its frusterating... Not sure if this is an emulation issue or a controller issue.

I know there is a way you can bounce through them.. but cant seem to do that ether. Anybody know how to do this?

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
Rapid fire shooting in Shinobi is tricky, especially for the Statue Room Boss. The most consistent method I use for clearing it is as follows:

- The moment the stage begins, walk as close to the statues as possible and activate the Ninja Magic. If you are close enough, you should damage all the statues.

- Next, walk all the way back to the left edge of the room(don't get shocked) and just throw stars out while repeatedly jumping up and down. The trick is to learn how fast you can shoot out stars to get a good rhythm going. If done right, you'll be able to clear all the statues before they push you into the electricity. It may be close, but it's how I do it.

- The second half of the stage is a simple matter of jumping up and hitting the eye of the wall mounted face without getting hit by the bouncing fireball.

aria

Former Moderator
twalden said:
http://www.stage6.com/user/subunitone/video/2250031/Rastan---Arcade-Version-1cc

1cc Rastan arcade

I haven't played in forever and it was pretty sloppy. I was down to my last life. Because I used up every life, my score was pretty good. Within 20k of the Twin Galaxies record. Enjoy my lame commentary :tickled:

I finally finished it (started right after you posted it, wasn't able to get back to it until today). I'm impressed, even though you certainly had a close shave.

Great job, thanks for sharing it!

I can't 1CC much, maybe I'll just video myself trying ...for that I might just have someone watching me try or do a game where its cooperative with another NG.com person.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
wizkid007 said:
Im having a bit of an issue with shinobi... my controller wont let me shoot at a rapid pace.. and if I try to up the speed, it just stops shooting. So I am stuck on the third boss as you litterally have to shoot your way through all those statues but since I cant get through them, I end up getting pushed into the electric current killing off 2 of the lives. Its frusterating... Not sure if this is an emulation issue or a controller issue.

This sounds more like a n00b issue.

Kazuki Dash

BBH said:
I just happened to find this apparent Shinobi 1CC on youtube; player uses only close strikes except for Boss stages:

Part 1

Part 2

Can someone tell whether these are legit? The videos look ok to me, but clearing the boss at the beginning of the second vid seems just extremely unbelievable...
:eek:

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
I think the only games I've been able to consistently beat on one credit are:

NES - Gun.Smoke
NES - Double Dragon II
NES - Castlevania
NES - Ninja Gaiden
ARC - Street Fighter II (except hyper fighting...)
NEO - Waku Waku 7
NEO - Last Blade 2
NEO - Mark of the Wolves (those are the only Neo games without ultra cheesy final bosses)

I can almost 1cc Life Force for NES, but the last few stages kill me.

One game I'd REALLY love to see someone beat with no continues is Bayou Billy. That game is impossible, as far as I can tell.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Kazuki Dash said:
I just happened to find this apparent Shinobi 1CC on youtube; player uses only close strikes except for Boss stages:

Part 1

Part 2

Can someone tell whether these are legit? The videos look ok to me, but clearing the boss at the beginning of the second vid seems just extremely unbelievable...

The Mandara boss method was pretty cool. That boss is always a bitch to beat on your first try (if you die once it's cake for some reason).

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Oh hey it looks like Stage6 is shutting down on Feb. 28th. Thanks a lot, you fucking asshats. This means that my Shock Troopers/NAM-1975, and twalden's Rastan vids will be gone in a few days. Guess it's back to trying to figure out how to best encode these things, and finding a streaming video website that doesn't suck!

Kazuki Dash said:

There are two players on MARP (destructor and Alpha) that have both beaten the old Japanese record on Shinobi. I don't know if those videos are recordings of either of their MAME .inps, but both of their play is completely legitimate.

edit: upon watching the latter half of the video, it seems that this is a different player. He has world-class skills at this game, but to call it "*Top Score*" is misleading. His score is 200k lower than the MARP records. If he is legit, he could definitely improve his score with the leeching tricks.

Last edited:

aria

Former Moderator
BBH said:
Oh hey it looks like Stage6 is shutting down on Feb. 28th. Thanks a lot, you fucking asshats. This means that my Shock Troopers/NAM-1975, and twalden's Rastan vids will be gone in a few days. Guess it's back to trying to figure out how to best encode these things, and finding a streaming video website that doesn't suck!

Hah, well I tried uploading some stuff there a few weeks ago but it never took and now I realize it was a total waste of time.

The internet sucks.

Kazuki Dash

BBH said:
There are two players on MARP (destructor and Alpha) that have both beaten the old Japanese record on Shinobi. I don't know if those videos are recordings of either of their MAME .inps, but both of their play is completely legitimate.

edit: upon watching the latter half of the video, it seems that this is a different player. He has world-class skills at this game, but to call it "*Top Score*" is misleading. His score is 200k lower than the MARP records. If he is legit, he could definitely improve his score with the leeching tricks.
Thanks for the input BBH. For the most part the vids seemed ok to me, but in the opening moments of the second vid the way the character was moving and stopping, I wasn't sure if it was save state usage or not.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
so where's the metal slug 1ccs?
nice video of rastan btw twalden.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Kazuki Dash said:
Thanks for the input BBH. For the most part the vids seemed ok to me, but in the opening moments of the second vid the way the character was moving and stopping, I wasn't sure if it was save state usage or not.

I'm not 100% sure if he is legit or not, it could very well be save state usage. Just saying that people can get the special 20k bonuses on every non-boss level without having to cheat :)

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
BBH said:

Apparently my 1cc of Twinkle and my 54 vids on MN neo gatherings don't count.... :emb:

Time to download a bunch of vids....

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
BBH said:

That sucks, I just started going through their crap today... ><

I think their servers are getting hammered now for a last minute archiving rush... I can't seem to get through to anything.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
djdelly said:
Apparently my 1cc of Twinkle and my 54 vids on MN neo gatherings don't count.... :emb:

Time to download a bunch of vids....

sorry dawg, I didn't remember if TSS was uploaded to that or Vimeo (or both). No offense intended :crying:

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
What's the size/time limit for Google video? I have a few more vids I'm ready to do. It would suck not to have a place to be able to upload them.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
twalden said:
What's the size/time limit for Google video? I have a few more vids I'm ready to do. It would suck not to have a place to be able to upload them.

I don't think there is a limit, although large files tend to take a while to "process" before they're made live unfortunately. For files over 100 megs you have to use a separate Google Video Uploader program instead of uploading through the website (which isn't a bad thing I suppose)

I guess I'll toss my 8-Man video up there soon just to see how it looks.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
Thanks Tron. The quality sucks, but I can mess around with compression setings with the next vid I do and hopefully find something that works. Unlike Stage6, I doubt Google video is going anywhere :emb: