The official 1cc Video Thread

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Terry330 said:
Man I wish I had something to catch a 1cc on. I could probably pull off Rez, Blazing Star, SOR2, MSX and a couple others, oh well.

BBH is straight wrecking shit in this thread, keep the quality vids up man.

I was thinking Rez, also.

Hmmm...

Here's a list if anyone wants videos, if I can find the time I'll do them.

Super Metroid Speed Run

Well, this is ~2 hr video, actually a bit less. Is anyone interested in actually seeing it? I know it doesn't count as 1cc as you use death to make it to other parts. So I guess it doesn't count.

Rez

It's not that spectacular as it's a pretty easy game.

Captain Skyhawk
Rygar
Wizards and Warriors

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I'd like to see someone do a 100% game for Rez, all pickups, err, picked up and all enemies killed. 100% explored too, obviously. Bonus points if you do it without getting hit.

I cannot do this personally. But I'm lazy and just like to relax in the mode where you can't die.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
LoneSage said:
Good luck with that one.

8Man is probably the easiest 1CC out of that list (besides KOTM2). That or Cyber-Lip.

Spinmaster is easier for me than 8man. 8man is a 2cc for me. I was thinking of doing Spinmaster, but I'm sure BBH has already done it as I type this. He's unstoppable :emb:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I used to be able to do an entire run of Rez with only getting hit a few times. I'd stock pile my upgrades so if I did get hit, I could go up a level when they would appear.

Now, I can't even make it past the second boss without using an overdrive. I lost it.

And because he's BBH from the internet, I present to you sir..

scoops.jpg

That run was fucking awesome. You gotta be number one in that game. I tried checking TG for a NAM-1975 score and it doesn't exist. I'd fire that video off to them and take the score. I'd love to see somebody else try for that. I played it when I was younger in the arcade and liked it but for me it was very hard.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
where's yo curleh mustache at

I don't think I'm #1 at NAM, because I know Giby can finish it on one life too (yes, even though it didn't happen in that run I have finished it on one life before). When you get to the point of finishing on one life, it's hard to tell who the better player is, since scoring is so random...

hopefully tonight I can get around to making a Shock Troopers run.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
nice! Cut it pretty damn close at the end huh, thank god for those life-ups that restore the full bar.

Now then, I've promised a Shock Troopers video, but uhh I don't have one yet. I've tried a couple times but both times things went wrong (once was my fault, the other is too ridiculous to even mention). But, I will get a good run soon, this I promise. I won't be "pulling a Verbatum".

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
BBH said:
But, I will get a good run soon, this I promise. I won't be "pulling a Verbatum".

roffle.

I don't think anyone will ever accuse you of "pulling a Verbatum" dude ;)

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Anyone interested in seeing a Revenge of Shinobi 1CC?

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Rade said:
Anyone interested in seeing a Revenge of Shinobi 1CC?

Shit yeah. I'd actually prefer a Shinobi 1CC though. Can you do it?

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
I think Contra III would be a good one to 1cc. Maybe I'll work on it.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
1ccing rez [not getting hit once, for the sake of the gameplay] is maybe one of the easiest things in history. please.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
qube said:
Shit yeah. I'd actually prefer a Shinobi 1CC though. Can you do it?

I'll give the arcade Shinobi a try if no one else is. There's a couple spots in stages 4 and 5 with tons of blue ninjas everywhere. It's a bitch.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Weevus said:
I think Contra III would be a good one to 1cc. Maybe I'll work on it.
You've gotta do it on Hard, too.

I could have one-lifed it until that fucking sand boss on level 5.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
BBH, awesome NAM run man! You made it look too easy, clearly you've put your time in. I also saw your Shock Troopers video on youtube, you did it in a real arcade too, pretty cool. Unfortunately for me that kind of stuff doesn't happen around here as the only Neo cabs around belong to private collectors:(

Also, if you're taking requests I'd love to see your Neo Driftout run, I remember hearing you're quite the player. I got a pretty good score when I was sessioning it regularly, seeing your superplay would motivate me to pick it up again;)

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
twalden said:
I'll give the arcade Shinobi a try if no one else is. There's a couple spots in stages 4 and 5 with tons of blue ninjas everywhere. It's a bitch.

Hell yeah twalden, you came out of chat for this, might as well give it a go! :smirk:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'd love to see one done of the regular arcade Shinobi. I remember the later levels being a fucking bitch.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
This whole thread puts into perspective just how amazing are the skills some of you folks possess.

Wes said:
I'd love to see one done of the regular arcade Shinobi. I remember the later levels being a fucking bitch.
Mission Five with no continues + forest stage with all those flying blue ninjas = crazy hard.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
talks2wall said:
Finally got a chance to watch this and it was awesome. BBH has a soothing voice too and I swear it kinda sounds like Mr. Rogers... just with a lot more swearing.

:lolz:

Okay, I finally got a complete Shock Troopers run. Not completely happy with the score, but it'll do.

http://www.stage6.com/user/BBH/video/2259874/

Hope you've got a spare hour for this! :)

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
LoneSage said:
You've gotta do it on Hard, too.

I could have one-lifed it until that fucking sand boss on level 5.

The only problem is I have no camera to record it with and even if I did I don't know shit about uploading videos.