The official 1cc Video Thread

Wow, I'm really impress by the skills here.

I'm not that talented, but I manage to finish few fighting games with 1 credit. Here a video of completing Samurai Shodown 5 Special (PS4 port) with Jubei, beaten the 4 bosses with fatalities.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Cleared what I consider the hardest fucking beat 'em up I've ever played. I cleared the Chinese version without a memory card, which is way harder than the JP version because you level up 4x slower, so smaller health bar, lower super stock, and lower HP/Defense. Super fun game though.

Pasky

Sorry to keep posting, dont wanna feel like im spamming this place up lol. I try not to post every single thing I do here. Anyways, I've completed Oriental Legend 2 with Purple Clothes and then Went the more difficult route with Sun Wukong.

Amazing game.

Here is a 1-Life & no-damage replay of the NeoGeo classic, Magician Lord. I have always liked the look of Magician Lord after seeing in it the old Neo-Geo feature in the legendary UK magazine C&VG. The graphics looked so good for the time and still hold up today. Aside from the amazing music this game isn’t the best, but I still love it, mainly nostalgia I guess. My biggest gripe with the game is the awful jumping physics, it feels so odd and inconsistent. First off, the jump is fully controllable in the air but with no inertia, which always feels odd in games to me. And secondly is the weird acceleration you get when you transition from a small jump into a big jump, it almost feels like someone is swiping on a touch screen. Also the jumping while firing is weirdly restricted. For example, when jumping horizontally you can fire the instant you leave the ground, but jumping straight up with no left of right direction restricts your firing until you’re at least a character height from a jump, it’s all very odd and very inconsistent.

After a little experimentation I came to the conclusion that the Magician is the strongest character in the game by far. He has the advantage of attacking from a distance which most of the transitional forms can’t, and he also has the fastest firing-rate. The transitional characters just seem kinda pointless and restricted aside from using the dragon on the final boss.

Note: There is questionable collision detection @2:00 that looks like I am using invincibility, try it for yourselves. I’m not sure it your ducking animation has a really high hitbox or if the projectile has a tiny hitbox. It doesn’t make much sense because everything else in the game has a huge hitbox...

*Played via MAME on a Sega New Astro City cab using CRT_Emudrivers. No cheats, save-states or auto-fire were used. Gameplay was captured from .inp playback file and synced with joystick-cam.

ipbdbq.png

https://youtu.be/tVjtbJOtsQs

Last edited:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I missed two perfects on Ryo by a single hit... TWICE. (2x 200K pts...)

It would make the final score very near the WR of Gemant's Records list. However, those are all standard settings I believe. Level-4 is no longer a challenge in this game.

FFS.jpg

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Congrats Atro! I never played a fighter for score, it's fascinating, though. Best players, indeed ;).

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Nice, I wouldn’t mind seeing this. Did you do a recording by any chance?

For instance, no. I was very sleepy when I posted the picture ( it was not a "yesterday's score ). Then I saw this was a "1cc VIDEO" thread...
You guys know me, it can happen, but I'm the cheapest fucker around when it comes to spend cash on camera equipments ^__________^'

Someone lend me a camera and a tripod and I'll do it. Cannot tell for sure if I'll make it again. My goal is to surpass at least my score. But the monitor of the cab I play it just died on me after a 3 hour recap job... :blow_top::spock:

Pasky

Awesome. How steep of a learning curve does this game have?

I got the board Wednesday, cleared it on Friday evening, playing about 2-3 hours each of those days if that gives you a rough idea. The controls take some getting using to and lining up the neck breaker attack (dashing forward) which is key to building meter and dealing with some really difficult spawns. It's really short, and the bosses are really fun and pretty simple. It's a lot of memorization of the spawns and learning how to deal with things quickly. Positioning and timing is everything so that you're ready for spawns. I'd say it's like moderate-high difficulty, stage 4 is the real last stage, it's harder than any other because the guys with the shield and battleaxes do tons of damage and there's a lot on stage 4. Amazing game.

Also the soundtrack is the most amazing shit I've heard in a game in a while. Stage 4 is hype as fuck.

Last edited:

Pasky

Pasky you are on fiya!! Subscribed to your channel!

Thanks! I'm really glad people enjoy watching them. They're fun to learn and create. I like having an archive of the clears because I go back to games sometimes and forget my strategies, very nice being able to just watch my own videos to refresh haha. I try to do things on original hardware also to sort of document intended behavior over emulation.

Pasky

Oh I never posted this here, but I cleared Warriors of Fate on the Capcom beat 'em up bundle back when it got released using Zhang Fei because spinning pile driver's fucking rule. Really fun game, I disliked it at first but it grew on me. It's like the ultimate 'throw dudes into dudes' game.

Last edited:

Pasky

Light Bringer using Ash Deathless 1CC. This game is super fun to play for score. I didn't do the boulder treasure duplication score trick, but I may just go for it next time haha.

Pasky

Been playing Light Bringer for score lately.

Reached 12.1 million. Still not sure how the Japanese world record of 16.9M was achieved, still a mystery.

Pasky

Cleared it With Kagetsura on level 8.

I used to dislike this game, because I tried to play it like a traditional beat em up and do ground combos and everything ends up taking forever to die. Once you learn the juggles, the game becomes more enjoyable when you can just melt their health.

Pasky

Did a superplay of Sengoku 3. Didn't pick up any healing items and didn't use any shurikens (grabbed them for score only).

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member

A minor scholastic achievement, but just got done doing the first loop of Violent Storm for the first time. Got curb stomped at round 2 violent round. Just need to find a real board now. I hope mame fixes the sound problems one of these days, but I won;t hold my breathe.

I definitely need to work on my enemy setups. Such a fun game grabbing enemies and throwing them on the ground over and over. I definitely plan on doing other characters and hardest eventually.

edit:I did clear the 2nd loop/violent round but didn't record it. When I do probably will do it on hardest.

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Got around to recording a 2-ALL on hardest for Violent Storm. I think I did the first loop deathless, and the violent round died once at the ryukens. Next plans are Wade/Kyle.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Got around to recording a 2-ALL on hardest for Violent Storm. I think I did the first loop deathless, and the violent round died once at the ryukens. Next plans are Wade/Kyle.

Aaaah... Violent Storm... This is one of the PCB's I sold that I regretted the most.

Congrats.