The official 1cc Video Thread

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Sorry for posting another Magic Sword 1CC, but I got a pretty sick score of 10.6M run I'm pretty proud of. Really having fun with the game.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
Sorry for posting another Magic Sword 1CC, but I got a pretty sick score of 10.6M run I'm pretty proud of. Really having fun with the game.

Nice run Pasky! Keep it up. My Magic Sword links from earlier in the thread are dead now. Think it was around 8 million or so - pretty crappy run. Pretty sure 13 or 14 million is possible if you get lucky on the 80,000 gem drops and everything else goes right.

Got the 1CC on Magic Sword doing all floors and no warps. This is one of the most amazing games ever made.

It really is. When you start milking everything and playing for score, you realize how deep of a platformer it is - amazing for 1990.

Last edited:

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Finally cleared Strikers 1945 Plus after months of practice:

Last edited:

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Looked at some of the videos in this thread, very cool stuff! Hopefully I can add something one of these days.

Pasky

Nice run Pasky! Keep it up. My Magic Sword links from earlier in the thread are dead now. Think it was around 8 million or so - pretty crappy run. Pretty sure 13 or 14 million is possible if you get lucky on the 80,000 gem drops and everything else goes right.

It really is. When you start milking everything and playing for score, you realize how deep of a platformer it is - amazing for 1990.

Thanks, I really think people would like it more if they understood the system and how the game encourages you to play for score. I guess they see the gauntlet style health and are left thinking its too hard not understanding the fairy comes out after every 300k or 400k points to refresh your life, it gets extremely addicting when you do. I beat my PB yesterday and got 11.3M.

Cg2LnK2UUAA1fZX.jpg:large

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
Current wr on jp region is 18m, though i don't know if there are differences with us/world region.

Pasky

I just got 1337.

Hit 13,373,829 in Magic Sword.

I don't think I can get much over 14M without getting the Pendant at 30 and I don't have that kind of time to grind that out (it's like a 3% chance and level 30 is about 30 minutes in the run). I'm pretty happy with this run, I executed pretty well and had great luck. Never thought I could do this well in the game. So pretty much done doing score attempts for this game now, will definitely keep playing it casually though. Great game.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Shame about the pendant. 1943 has similar scoring BS with Mobichan but I still enjoy the game.

Pasky

Black Tiger. Man people hype the difficulty of this and Black Dragon up, this game is pretty easy. Great game none the less.

Last edited:

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Black Tiger. Man people hype the difficulty of this and Black Dragon up, this game is pretty easy. Great game none the less.

Nice man i love Black Tiger, great job on Magic Sword also watched all of it.

Pasky

Here's a no miss of Black Tiger on the Hardest Difficulty setting. Pretty fun game but not hard at all once you know all the boulder traps.

Gemant

Member,
I just got 1337.

Hit 13,373,829 in Magic Sword.

I don't think I can get much over 14M without getting the Pendant at 30 and I don't have that kind of time to grind that out (it's like a 3% chance and level 30 is about 30 minutes in the run). I'm pretty happy with this run, I executed pretty well and had great luck. Never thought I could do this well in the game. So pretty much done doing score attempts for this game now, will definitely keep playing it casually though. Great game.

Capcom CPS1 games often have differences between USA and japanese version. I not have idea if also Magic Sword have, the only way is try to play for score in both versions. On the web I remember a mame replay of 15,845,590pts (http://replayburners.web.fc2.com/retro/retro_mame_replay_capcom2.html)

Pasky

There's no difference between world, usa or JP magic sword other than text and the FBI warning.

I don't care about mame runs when it comes to scoring in arcade games, emulators mean nothing to mean although great for casual play. Replay burners is full of autofire using people and sometimes even save stated.

The world record for magic sword is 18.7M and got a pendant on floor 30 and floor 45 and was done on a real Japanese PCB at an arcade.

Gemant

Member,
Almost all hi-score in Japan or China are played with autofire / buttons mapping / synchronized buttons or macro on the cabinet arcade. In western there are different rules and these manipulations aren't accepted. Also the Magic Sword top Japan (18.7m) is played with autofire. Replay Burners not use save state, never.

Last edited:

Gemant

Member,
The world record for magic sword is 18.7M and got a pendant on floor 30 and floor 45 and was done on a real Japanese PCB at an arcade.

I know well the “WR” in arcade games. 18.7m is not the WR but the top of Japan. There is difference. Because Japan and the rest of the world have different rules. I’m the only people that have informed the Western world about the top Japanese record with the document “Gamest Record List” written from me in 2002.

Gemant

Member,
What's the WR for this game?

WR is a western concept. If you accept the japanese rules (default settings, autofire, synchronizer or multi-frequency devices, mapped buttons, macros etc.) you can consider 18.768.535 as a World Record.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Here's a no miss of Black Tiger on the Hardest Difficulty setting. Pretty fun game but not hard at all once you know all the boulder traps.

Damn bro, you got me addicted to this game now. Damn you are very good, I'm just playing on normal. Just need to memorize a lot I guess your score is key to gaining more vital bars. Them damn boulders make me want to punch a hole in the wall lol.

Pasky

Damn bro, you got me addicted to this game now. Damn you are very good, I'm just playing on normal. Just need to memorize a lot I guess your score is key to gaining more vital bars. Them damn boulders make me want to punch a hole in the wall lol.

Awesome, I'm glad you're enjoying it. It's really a fun game, knowing the secrets is pretty big as some of the items give pretty big score. Once you memorize the death traps it's not hard at all.

There's some map layouts on vgmaps that show the secrets, unsure if you don't want to spoil them or not:

Keep at it and you'll get that 1CC quick, really fun game.

Last edited:

Pasky

Got the no-miss (Deathless) run on King of Dragons Difficulty 7 (Hardest)

EDIT: Nevermind, didn't realize ESWAT was set to easy, lol, I'll do it again

Last edited: