The official 1cc Video Thread

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
I've been really addicted to King of Dragons lately, shit is so fun. Surprisingly, the game is extremely fair and skill based rather than throwing a bunch of bullshit ways to kill you.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
LOL this game fucking sucks so bad. But it's so broken it becomes fun. If you mash diagonals you can zoom across the screen and plane shift fast enough enemies can't hit you lol

You've made the game look fun. I want to play it now.

Pasky

You've made the game look fun. I want to play it now.

The game is really fun once you understand all the stupid broken mechanics it has :lolz:

You can move up and down faster than the enemies can attack by mashing the diagonals. You can do the same to left and right as long as the screen isn't scrolling, the game is so horribly broken, playing it like that does make it fun. It's seriously one of those games that it's so bad it's good :lolz:. Just don't play the US version, the JP version you start with all the characters and movesets, US has the micro transactions you have to buy shit with credits.

Also, I just did a King of Dragons Hardest (level 7) run with the fighter.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Also, I just did a King of Dragons Hardest (level 7) run with the fighter.

Very nice Pask, that's impressive to 1cc this game DAMN!! I love me some King of Dragons, I suck using the fighter bad, half to try your tech now. I always done my best w/ the Magician.

Pasky

Thanks, ya the magician is the best character, followed by the fighter, I can use all the characters (dwarf being the worst). It's such a great game.

EDIT:

I actually play through the elf on hardest and cleared it my first attempt. I'd say it's probably elf/wizard who are best followed by fighter, cleric, then dwarf.

Last edited:

Pasky

Did this yesterday on hardware and did the red dragon route:

Very clunky controls in comparison to Shadow of Mystara but I have huge nostalgia for Tower of Doom because we actually had a cabinet of this at my arcade, never knew Mystara existed until emulation. Such a fun and incredibly difficult game,

Pasky

Cabal <3 <3

Grabbing a real board of this. Played this so much as a kid, always great to just pop it in for a credit.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Did this yesterday on hardware and did the red dragon route:

Very clunky controls in comparison to Shadow of Mystara but I have huge nostalgia for Tower of Doom because we actually had a cabinet of this at my arcade, never knew Mystara existed until emulation. Such a fun and incredibly difficult game,

That ending! Must have been some cabinet.

Pasky

That ending! Must have been some cabinet.

Ya it's a great game, it's one of Capcom's hardest beat em ups along with Armored Warriors assuming you take the Red Dragon route, even the beholder route can be difficult. You only get that extra ending (the part with the voice acting that sets up the sequel) if you 1CC or if you beat the game with 4P.

Last edited:

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Strikers 1945 II 2-ALL. Took me 4 months of practice to finally achieve this.

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
And to go along with my last video, here is WW7 on level-8 1cc:

This one is currently being voted on for submission to the Twin Galaxies scoreboard

Last edited:

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Raiden Trad for Sega Genesis on Hard (including special stage after the credits). This game was a massive bitch. Why do I keep playing games with horrendous checkpoint systems? I got very lucky with the 2 deaths I had since the fairy spawned full powerups both times.

Pasky

Been having a blast with Shinobi. Love this game, played it quite a few times as a kid. Got the 1CC the same day it arrived.

Pasky

Got a Shinobi 1CC using the hardest DIPS possible (2 starting lives, hardest difficulty and fast bullet speed). Game is very different on hardest makes it really interesting as there are a lot of new enemy spawns that are really well placed (like a guy shooting a gun placed behind the shield holders).

Pasky

Been having a blast with The King of Dragons. Got the 1CC with all characters on hardest on PCB now. Love this game.

Think I'm gonna start working on Magic Sword now. Played that a ton as a kid at the corner shop, be nice to be able to beat it without credit feeding it, :lolz:

miisalo

Astra Superstar
I'm addicted to Puzzle games and they are mostly boring to watch, but at least here is bit action. I'm actually currently trying to 1cc so that every opponent takes less than 25 seconds. I even managed to go lot under that but then failed last stage. But anyway here is Money Puzzle/Idol Exchanger 1cc in vs CPU mode.

You probably don't want to see puzzle bobble I & II 1CC videos :keke:

Pasky

Got the 1CC on Magic Sword doing all floors and no warps. This is one of the most amazing games ever made. A lot of people don't know your health constantly drains like Gauntlet. There's so much strategy involved with items and scoring. Every 300K (and sometimes other intervals) a fairy comes out to drop food making score a survival tool. The time constraint on rooms and draining health make it so intense. It's such an amazing design that makes the entire trek exciting the whole way. Very difficult game, but incredibly satisfying to beat it after playing it so much as a kid. Big thanks to Westcb for the board!