The official 1cc Video Thread

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
Post'em if you got them. Direct feed or with commentary.

Twinkle Star Sprites on the home system and standard settings.

LINK
(Stage6 is currently not uploading vids, so I put it on this site...quality isn't that good)
720 X 480 resolution version
I finally beat memory... as I state in the video this was the sixth or seventh time I've tried since we had the gathering.

Last edited:

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
sweet! thanks for starting this thread.

i hope to see some fighting game 1cc's as much as shoot 'em up's. :buttrock:

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
I figured it would be better to start a new thread and let the Verbautm thread die, so it can make it's way to best of.

aria

Former Moderator
djdelly said:

LINK
(Stage6 is currently not uploading vids, so I put it on this site...quality isn't that good)

I finally beat memory... as I state in the video this was the sixth or seventh time I've tried since we had the gathering.

Good video, the commentary was also pretty good. Liked the trophy :)

Sundance

Sho's Rival
'YEAH, FUCK YEAH!" I'm living vicariously through your accomplishment. Good Job man!

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
I'm gonna be honest and say I thought djdelly was black.

And only then because of his Mr. Jones avatar.

Cool vid.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
This thread is going to be the final catalyst that gets me to game again.

I've never 1CCd a game (not that I can remember, or wasn't a fighting game), so it's about fucking time I did it.

I can get to Memory on 1 credit, but I always get ass-raped hard...

NOW, I need suggestions on good/not too difficult games to start with :annoyed:

BBH? anyone? HBO.

P.S. - Nice vid delly, and good job!

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Cool video. Never played the game myself but it looks cool.

Wish I had a camera handy so I can use it to record a 1cc of Psycho Soldier.

Wouldn't mind seeing 1cc videos on games like Double Dragon 1 & 2 and some of the rarer games.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
djdelly said:

LINK

Nice 1cc of (TSS) man i can't say i bother enough with the game to do that.

Damn the last boss is a bitch though given what it takes to finsh her off.

Looks like you realy had to get those boss attacks going to win.

Last edited:

skotgun

Geese's Limo Driver
this thread makes me wish i took a vid of my 1cc of raiden fighters II on the hardest setting.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
I am going to try a few vids here in the next few weeks I hope. It's sad how rusty you get on some games after not playing them in years. Trying to keep it to games under 30 minutes because I don't want them to get too long and boring.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Does SF2 count? ... :emb: :annoyed:

(I'm not even sure I can 1CC that anymore, lol)

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Anyone interested in a speed run of SM? I was thinking of doing another one.

talks2wall

Host for Orochi
djdelly said:

LINK

Please provide a video of your system starting up so you can prove you haven't modified the ROMs to cheat. j/k ;)

Great thread and great vids so far, keep them coming please. I did a 1cc on TSS years ago but never recorded it. Oh well.

talks2wall

Host for Orochi
Man, this is really making me miss competitive TSS play. When's the next MN get-together and are non-locals allowed? :D

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
cool, djdelly taps along with the music between stages too :D

I think I've figured out how to better encode stuff, so barring any other unexpected problems, I'll be doing that NAM-1975 video very soon.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Good stuff DJ. This makes me want a version of the game on Live Arcade more. It's always great to play with REAL PEOPLE.

I wish I taped my Twinkle Star LPP run. I did a 1CC and got 875,000 and maxed my combo meter on the hardest setting. I find it too easy with it lower.

I love it when you say "Twinkle isn't that hard...OH SHIT!!" :glee:

When you see the little item thing drop off the Star and Dollar Sign, grab the star and it'll pop all of the bubbles.

With the combos, there's a pattern to all of the waves of stuff that comes out, if you clear them all with a chain reaction you get "PERFECT" and that builds up your shot meeter faster. And Fever makes it faster.

After playing my boot of the MVS version and LPP, I have to give the edge to LPP. I like the music a little bit more and I love I can turn the slowdown off so it's harder to play.

Last edited:

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
I'm going to practice a bit, but I'm game for recording me 1cc SHOCK TROOPERS. I've only done it once though, usually it's (2) continues, but usually due to me being extremely careless in the later levels or wanting to knife everyone up close. Hmm... haven't had the heart of self competition in awhile.

:cool:

MERCENARY X99

Wait a sec...

when you say 1CC you mean beat the fucking game
without continuing right? We're not expecting the
game's score to flip back to zeroes are we, if that's
the case, forget the above post.

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
qube said:
This thread is going to be the final catalyst that gets me to game again.

I've never 1CCd a game (not that I can remember, or wasn't a fighting game), so it's about fucking time I did it.

I can get to Memory on 1 credit, but I always get ass-raped hard...

NOW, I need suggestions on good/not too difficult games to start with :annoyed:

BBH? anyone? HBO.

P.S. - Nice vid delly, and good job!

If you aren't opposed to using a fighter to 1cc, Matrimelee is a good choice that isn't too difficult to master. Some people have issues with fighting Sissy, but she's an absolute cakewalk if you take a few seconds to learn her pattern. If nobody else posts a video of this over the next few days, I just might get off my ass and do it.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Now lets get some things straight, is this 1cc as in could have 3 lifes or as in never dying in the game.

td741

, NOTE: Please add 16 points to his feedback., --
AppleiDog said:
Now lets get some things straight, is this 1cc as in could have 3 lifes or as in never dying in the game.

I think 1cc just means without having to Continue in this case. (So, if you have 3 lives per "credit" you have those chances. If you need to use a continue option, then it no longer counts as 1cc.)