RIP Saturn Gamer.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Disgusting stuff :(, senseless, brutal, crime. Right before christmas and to a family man aswell :oh_no:

Marek

Banned
I had always wondered if they ever caught the people responsible. Unfortunately, this was the latest report from back in March of this year:

http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/crime_checker/baltimore_city_crime/three-year-murder-case-goes-cold

Posted: 03/01/2011

BALTIMORE - Baltimore City Police are asking for the public's help solving a murder case from 2007.

Toby MacCombie, 30, was coming home from his job at Bostonian Shoes in White March Mall on December 23.

After taking several buses home, he arrived back his apartment on Vincent Lane in Northwest Baltimore at around 1:24 Christmas Eve morning. As he walked up the steps leading into the foyer of the apartment building, he was approached by a group of suspects. They came up behind him, shot him in the head, and then robbed him.

Toby was found a few hours later by a neighbor.

Sgt. Richard Purtell, a homicide detective with the city police department, was sent to the scene that morning. He was the one who had to call the family and let them know Toby was gone.

"It's sad," says Sgt. Purtell. "Here's a guy coming home from work. It's right before Christmas. Everybody's got the holidays on their mind. They're not thinking of the worst possible case scenario."

The next night police were called to another shooting in the area. This one in the 6600-block of Eberle Drive. In the same way as Toby's murder, the victim was shot during a robbery. However, he survived.

Sgt. Purtell said this shooting, along with other similar robberies in the area, helped them focus their investigation. Toby's killers were not targeting the young working father. They were a group of criminals taking advantage of an opportunity.

Three years later, however, and Sgt. Purtell says his investigation is at a standstill.

"We did interview everybody we could," says Purtell. "It just went cold. We couldn't find that one little spark to get us back to the suspect."

Now Sgt. Purtell is trying to get the word out on Toby's case. He's hoping someone out there with information will come forward and help bring some closure to Toby's family, especially his young children.

If you have information about this case you can call Sgt. Purtell directly at (410) 396-2100. If you rather remain anonymous, you can call Metro Crime Stoppers at 1-866-7-LOCKUP. You can can also text your tip to "CRIMES" or submit it online through metrocrimestoppers.org .

ABC 2 is working on a series profiling Maryland's cold cases. To read more, visit our website, abc2news.com/coldcases .

Phillip

:(

TonK

Least Valuable Player
They need to find those pieces of shit - thats totally fucked up.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Fucking senseless.

Not only should the killers die, but any kids they had need to be put down as well...and the whores who bore those children, and the parents who raised them.
Gone.

Scum like that should be erased.

And wtf is wrong with cops?
Why are they so easy to evade when you're actually committing crimes?

The sticker rips on your license plate and they're all over you with fines and court dates....but commit murder 2 nights in a row where a survivor thankfully lives to identify the killers and they don't know their asses from a hole in the ground or they're just too busy.

Shit!

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
DAMN.

I totally missed this thread when it happened. I had no idea. :(

Now I feel weird having bumped SaturnGamer's thread about SF Alpha 3 vs. DC versions early this morning.

I hope some Cold Case reopened gets the bastards. No one deserves to die like that.

Marek

Banned
Its extremely rare for someone to shoot someone dead and then rob their pockets for whatever might be in them.

No drug connection. No prior information about the victims habits. Totally at random.

Its very hard to figure out. Especially in Baltimore which is a super rough town especially for homicides. Where do they start? Go to the closest rough neighborhood and start knocking on doors asking if anyone has heard anybody bragging about executing a guy on the street for his wallet? Thats not going to turn up much....

I'm not making excuses for the cops. I know this is one of the crimes they definitely wanted to solve. But Baltimore is completely fucked. Their heroin problem is out of control and therefore its no surprise that their homicide issue is among the worst in the USA.

I hope the murderers get justice served to them by the public. I really do. In reality they are probably already dead or in prison. But they should have to suffer at the hands of the public for these crimes specifically.

Last edited:

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Its extremely rare for someone to shoot someone dead and then rob their pockets for whatever might be in them.

No drug connection. No prior information about the victims habits. Totally at random.

Its very hard to figure out. Especially in Baltimore which is a super rough town especially for homicides. Where do they start? Go to the closest rough neighborhood and start knocking on doors asking if anyone has heard anybody bragging about executing a guy on the street for his wallet? Thats not going to turn up much....

I'm not making excuses for the cops. I know this is one of the crimes they definitely wanted to solve. But Baltimore is completely fucked. Their heroin problem is out of control and therefore its no surprise that their homicide issue is among the worst in the USA.

You do have a point there. And with so many Abandoes (the sub divisions and apartment complexes left as a "no man's land" that the cops don't even go into) out there, that person probably is squatting in one, but very might well even be dead at as of 2011 themselves.

I do hope SaturnGamer gets justice.

I didn't know the guy, but (again) no one deserves that.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Well I guess that puts things into perspective for me.
Baltimore really is a shithole, I guess.

I'm just venting because bumping this thread reminded me of another cold case from 2005.

A 20 year old kid who went to uni with my brother was shot dead in front of a crowd of people over some broad. He was an only child raised by a single mother. =/

Even with all those witnesses the cops in Montreal couldn't find anyone.

The same city where a cop was there to give my sister a 60 dollar j-walking fine at 1am after going home from work lol.

Just wish they would get their priorities straightened out.

Marek

Banned
The same city where a cop was there to give my sister a 60 dollar j-walking fine at 1am after going home from work lol.

Just wish they would get their priorities straightened out.

Hey you and me both.

Knoxville Tennessee is very curious for its upswing in brutal twisted murders over the past 10 years and their cops/legal system are so utterly inept its pathetic.

East Tennessee has the most criminally inclined police forces outside of Texas I swear to God. I wish I didnt know the things I know.

And the beat cops just go round harassing the college community dishing out bullshit fines like public intox for walking <10 blocks home from the bar.