Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RIP Saturn Gamer.

Who?

Damn

My condolences for his family.

That is indeed a terrible news to hear.
    My day was being so much fun and afterall, even if I never had any kind of activity with him it's always shocking to come by and read this.

I feel sorry for all who knew him too.

May his sould rest in peace.

-Atro

Flagstaff Up

I don't post much on here anymore but I wanted to add my story as well.

When I joined the forums back in 2002 Toby was the first person I went to a Neo gathering for. He had a nice setup even back then: some TVs upstairs for a bunch of games and then his real TV setup downstairs.

Toby was the only one I knew there, and if I remember most of the gaming then was MvC2, which I was never a fan of. So he and I ended up downstairs by ourselves for a bit playing Neo since he was really happy he had another friend who actually wanted to play SNK stuff. That was the first time I played any of the Samurai Spirits games, and the first time I played a match against Cham Cham (his favorite character). Definitely one of the best memories in my gaming life.

I used to joke with him about how much more experienced I was at gaming than him since I was a whole 5 days older than him.

I also want to echo the sentiment that he absolutely LOVED his kids and would do anything for them.

The only time I really got to see him was when we would do Neo get-togethers, but I knew he was a good man. In retrospect I wish we could have hung out more.

Anyway, I just wanted to say something. I tried to write this a few times and never could find the words. It's been a week since I found out and I'm still upset about it.

I'm a stealthy Ghost-like pimp daddy bitch, yo! kaos's Avatar
    just noticed this thread....and I can't believe what I've been reading

I'm shocked, really

unlike Jigen, SNK4ever and Sifl (R.I.P.) whom I don't think I've ever even quoted a post of, Saturn Gamer was really the first member I talked to when I first registered here, we always been cool with each other and shared an insane amount of love for the Saturn system

damn, I don't know what to say.
    My condolences to his family. They must be devastated. As KA already pointed out, if any donation set up, count me in for a contribution

PS
    slerch:
    I understand you want to share the facts only with people that knew him personally and absolutely respect that, but any little bit of info you could pass to me via a pm would be very much appreciated. It's up to you. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wizkid007
    Anytime time fagot

Quote Originally Posted by kaos
    PS
    slerch:
    I understand you want to share the facts only with people that knew him personally and absolutely respect that, but any little bit of info you could pass to me via a pm would be very much appreciated. It's up to you. Thanks
    His full name was posted in another thread here in unrelated. A google search will turn up a few news stories about it. It was an utter tragedy.

What a long, strange trip it's been. And still we roll down this baffling road, missing those who have left us. Daisuke Jigen, Sifl, SNK4EVER, Nightmare_Tony, Boog, Zero Satori. Gone but not forgotten.

I didn't see this until now. Man, my condolences to his
    family. He was a nice guy, he used to pm me a lot whe he
    registered.

Biggest fan of Señor Spelbergo

Super Spy Agent

My condolences to his friends and family. RIP fellow gamer.

OldSkool4Life

This is horrible news. My heart goes out to the family.

GAMEFAN

Fuck NGFL.
    You are ALL
    On Notice.

whats his real name so I can google it even though really a bit of info would have been nice instead of clouded in secrecy
    saying that though it is a shock as i use to like him and only posted in this thread now as before i thought it was a topic about the sega saturn

Mayor of Southtown

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Gray
    whats his real name so I can google it even though really a bit of info would have been nice instead of clouded in secrecy
    saying that though it is a shock as i use to like him and only posted in this thread now as before i thought it was a topic about the sega saturn
    I'm not sure I agree with the "secret" either, but if it is what his family/friends want, then I think we should respect it. Google Toby Maccombie, it will give you the jist of what happened.

Fuck NGFL.
    You are ALL
    On Notice.

Quote Originally Posted by nruva
    I'm not sure I agree with the "secret" either, but if it is what his family/friends want, then I think we should respect it. Google Toby Maccombie, it will give you the jist of what happened.
    Thanks, just read the info, It is a real shame and my deepest regrets to his family

updyke

Quote Originally Posted by nruva
    It's OK, plenty of people don't agree with the "secrecy."

I think most just want Toby remembered for who he was and not what happened to him. We don't want the board to cry out for the crime, we went them to cry out for the man. Too many times here people have an extreme thirst for the drama; please don't turn Toby into just more drama.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT: Inquire Within

PNG FTW

Sincere condolences to all who knew him, especially to his family.
    I didnt know him personally, but he came over as a fine member of the community.
    Tragic loss of another young life. The kids are probably still wondering what happened, where is daddy - brings a tear to the eye
    And for it to happen on Christmas eve seems to make it all the more tragic.

I did not gather the thread earlier, thought it was to do with the consol not the man. Sorry
    Last edited by ttooddddyy; 03-03-2008 at 06:22 AM.

Moose

RIP my friend. I never knew you Toby, but if you love the Neo, and love children, you are a good, true man in my book. May your family stay strong and live long, and somehow, someway, fight through this tradgedy to find happiness in life. God bless.
    Great Transactions so Far....
    Bluevoodu x2 , vwlunatic x3 , neo1087 , D-Lite x2 , Xavier x2 , japangamesnow.com , Big Bear , norton9478 x3 , Orpheus, dojosky , bokmeow , novacat , supergoose79 , 2point0 , Jedah Doma , t_smallz , abc_kid , qube , RingoC , scooby105 , Kjcos_999 , racecar , Kpj , Blue Mary Mania 8 , NeoGeo2k2 , ranmafan1212 , One-Up , INfintido , bdlou , dakingodzamunda , Shawn Carr2o , BeaglePuss , NeoSneth , Bibliophile , gleason , Kpj , OmegaSaber ,

NG.com Audiophile
    Club Member

Damn sad news. I hope his family is doing ok.

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaThunder View Post
    I was referring to HIS throat, not my own.

I'd fuck Neo Ash's throat... lovingly.

Igniz's Servant

I'll keep my mouth shut here about what happened to Saturn Gamer, and what did it to him, because this should just stay a somber, respectful thread.

I didn't know the guy, here or in real life. But he was "one of us".

To his family and friends: I am very sorry for your loss...

King of Typists

A father of three kids leaving this world so young is a terrible, terrible news.

My deepest condolences to his family, and may he rest in peace wherever he's now.
    He'll be surely missed badly.

May his spirit live along within his kids, and may their young life bring much much love and happiness to his wife.

Again, I wish his family all the best.
    J'y gagne, dit le renard, à cause de la couleur du blé...

Mais si elle l'aimait, elle n'était libre de rien.

凄いゲームを、連れて帰ろう。
    "NEO·GEO is the most important of unimportant things." - Fran

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.

Toby was a genuine nice guy. A guy that overcame quite a bit to be where he was in life.

He and his Son visited me a few times to play games, and I attended one of his gatherings, as he did the gathering I hosted at my house. Again, he was outgoing and initiated the friendship. Once he found out I lived near Baltimore, he suggested setting up a gaming meet with a few folks.

I used to stop by the store he worked at probably once a month, before I moved to PA, and we would catch up about things.

I cant believe I didnt find out sooner than last night.....

The last time we spoke, was late December, and I was trying to recruit him to my employer, but he flatly refused, given his pending promotion at the time. We discussed a few things, and that was it.

I moved to PA in November, so I didnt make it down to his store much after that, and I havent visited these boards much in the last few months, so I didnt know.... until last night.... I cant express my shock.

I know he is at peace now, but I cant help think of his children and their future. I know they have their Mother, and I think the support of her Family, but we should put together something for a college fund or something. Has anyone set anything up? Toby's family needs to know that he meant a great deal to a number of people here, and that meaning needs a physical manifestation.

Sgt. Pistachio

I just found this thread.

Terrible news - I don't remember reading any of his posts - but it's always tragic when someone passes away - especially a person who loved life and loved others as much as everyone says he did.

My prayers go out to his family.

Geese's Thug

My condolences to his family. Seemed like a very nice guy from my dealings with him. R.I.P.
    "Put your weight on it."

Andy's Clothes Designer

I can't believe I only just noticed this thread. Shows how much attention I pay to things round here.

Thought I'd not seen the dude around for a while, sucks to find out why. He always seemed like a decent guy and it's a shame to lose him, especially considering the circumstances.

RIP dude.
    The greatest of all time: Fernado Carlos Redondo

My Play-Asia referral link.
    Great people I've dealt with that haven't left me feedback:
    SaturnFan, Proffesser, Rugal2000, SuperPang, elbarto, TheIrishMan, Duddyroar, japangamesnow, Dreamstationx, Dogtoy, Rising Tackle, D-Lite

Ukyo's Doctor

I just stumbled upon this, and have to say.. WTF! For nothing? A life lost? Hate crime? I swear to fucking christ, give me zeus's long arm for one day... I regret alot right now, SG.. I'm sorry man, for you and your family.

random.. so damn random.
    Your opinion is of my utmost concern.
    Neo-Geo / MVS & Systems wanted list.
    All ebay Items are available for Neo-Geo related trade or off ebay sale.

For swifter response time please email in place of PM.
    AllenLindenCollections@gmail.com

Strays..

Rugal's Secretary

I haven't been here in ages but I remember SG and always thought highly of him...just wow. I hope justice is served.

Hardened Shock Trooper

Oh my god... this is sad indeed. I didn't knew him, but loosing a member is always sad...

And with a family... can't belive it...

R.I.P, dude. I'll take a shot of vodka in your name.

El Cernex

Sieger's Squire

I haven't posted here in god knows how long, but this is a shock.

I met him once at Otakon 2003 game room and I remember we were talking about Sega Master System and how great our collections were

Unhappy

I had always wondered if they ever caught the people responsible. Unfortunately, this was the latest report from back in March of this year:

http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/cri...case-goes-cold

Posted: 03/01/2011

BALTIMORE - Baltimore City Police are asking for the public's help solving a murder case from 2007.

Toby MacCombie, 30, was coming home from his job at Bostonian Shoes in White March Mall on December 23.

After taking several buses home, he arrived back his apartment on Vincent Lane in Northwest Baltimore at around 1:24 Christmas Eve morning. As he walked up the steps leading into the foyer of the apartment building, he was approached by a group of suspects. They came up behind him, shot him in the head, and then robbed him.

Toby was found a few hours later by a neighbor.

Sgt. Richard Purtell, a homicide detective with the city police department, was sent to the scene that morning. He was the one who had to call the family and let them know Toby was gone.

"It's sad," says Sgt. Purtell. "Here's a guy coming home from work. It's right before Christmas. Everybody's got the holidays on their mind. They're not thinking of the worst possible case scenario."

The next night police were called to another shooting in the area. This one in the 6600-block of Eberle Drive. In the same way as Toby's murder, the victim was shot during a robbery. However, he survived.

Sgt. Purtell said this shooting, along with other similar robberies in the area, helped them focus their investigation. Toby's killers were not targeting the young working father. They were a group of criminals taking advantage of an opportunity.

Three years later, however, and Sgt. Purtell says his investigation is at a standstill.

"We did interview everybody we could," says Purtell. "It just went cold. We couldn't find that one little spark to get us back to the suspect."

Now Sgt. Purtell is trying to get the word out on Toby's case. He's hoping someone out there with information will come forward and help bring some closure to Toby's family, especially his young children.

If you have information about this case you can call Sgt. Purtell directly at (410) 396-2100. If you rather remain anonymous, you can call Metro Crime Stoppers at 1-866-7-LOCKUP. You can can also text your tip to "CRIMES" or submit it online through metrocrimestoppers.org .

ABC 2 is working on a series profiling Maryland's cold cases. To read more, visit our website, abc2news.com/coldcases .

Phillip

[06:21 PM] djdelly: you made me sit in the bath tub to leech wifi for two hours... that is something I will never forget

http://www.slashnet.org/webclient/neo-geo.com

PSN: Bulletnyourass
    XBOX360: Bulletnyourass
    Wii: 0795-8296-7048-8608
    SSBB: 1762-2483-2553

Thread Information