RIP Saturn Gamer.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
Never really knew him, but this is still tragic nonetheless...my thoughts go out to those who knew him well and cared about him.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
my sympathies to his family and friends.

Steve

The Wonder Years,
Wow, sorry to hear. I didn't really know him, but obviously he was well liked and respected by his peers, which is one way to judge a man's worth in this world.

Rest in Peace and all the best to his family.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Really sorry to hear this. My most sincere sympathies to the loved ones he has left behind.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
Wow, simply wow....

I can't believe it, I'm not gonna lie, and I remember him vaguely.

Nevertheless, he did seem like a pretty cool member, and did seem to like this community.

and really it's a sad day to lose a person.

my condolences to his family....

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
This is most unexpected, terrible news.

And to think I thought he had just posted again recently? (I swear I saw him post, but the post history doesn't confirm this)

My sympathies are with his family, terrible to hear his children have lost a father.

Rest in peace bro.

Last edited:

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
This is terrible news. :crying:

I only knew him from here, but he seemed like a hell of a guy. Now I'm curious as to what happened? I was semi-aware that he had come back, as I remember seeing him post at least once (like last year?), but he never seemed to be as active as the time before he left.

I'm praying for his family right now, and wish them the best through this..

It's no consolation, but I feel honored to be "immortalized" in his sig.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
He sold me a huge NES game lot probably 5 years ago. Then I remember him disappearing from the site for a good while, then coming back here and there. Sad to hear this news.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
This is a total shock. I only knew him from the forums but from the interaction I had with him here he seemed like a great person.

I'm at a loss for words.

Rest in peace SG.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Terrible news, my sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Rest in peace brother, you will not be forgotten.

slerch666

updyke,
Sorry all for not giving more details on his passing, but it really is for the best. I don't want to add any drama on this.

Saturn Gamer was someone I knew in person like a few others here. I met him at a Neo gathering at one of Evil Mike's gatherings. He was a great guy and sincere.

He'll be missed.

Captron gave me a call the other night and let me know. Since he couldn't post on the boards I wanted to at least PM the people I knew that knew him. SSS decided it best we let everyone know considering how many people here knew him.

He was 30 yrs old and I believe had 3 children, the oldest being 5.

I wish the best for his family.

slerch666

updyke,
Bobak said:
That's horrible, I don't want to force to share details, but could we get a few general piece of info... Like was it an accident? How old was he?
See my post. I sent you a PM. Just don't share a whole lot of personal details on him, but I'm sure a memorial for him will be good.

The sad part was he was only 30.

Oh man, Saturn Gamer's sig is tragic in and of itself:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/member.php?u=3499
His last visit date was another testament to the fact that he still liked coming here... even if he didn't post anything for a year.

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
Despite not being too familiar with him, it's still an unfortunate loss to his family as well as the ng.com family. My condolances to his family, friends, and those member who knew him well.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Oh god damn, that's terrible. I remember back when I was a noob I saw him post a lot, and I remember him being sort of in-and-out a bit later. He seemed like a good guy, from what I saw of him on these forums, and judging by what people that knew him are saying, he indeed was.

His family has my condolences.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Wow thats really sad to hear.

RIP SG.

I hope everything works out ok for his kids.

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Damn....:crying: He was a really cool guy. I remember him coming up from Baltimore to play games here in Pittsburgh in 2003 (I think?)

Condolences to the family...

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
I didn't know him either, but the way you guys talk about him, he sounded like an awesome guy.

RIP, Saturn Gamer. :(

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I butted heads with him, but he was a cool dude.

RIP my brother.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
How does someone die at 30? This is unreal. I don't mean to sound rude, but what happened to the poor guy?