SNK4Ever... it's been 5 years now...

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I wanted to make a post saying that SNK4Ever... Steve's... 5 year anniversary of his passing is almost at hand. I want to make a post to remember him by, and for those that knew him or talked to him on here keep him in your thoughts. You're never really dead when you're remembered.

I only met him a few times in RL, but he was really cool. Was interested in NIN like me, and also the Neo (of course). My last memory of him was him being excited by Kim's new animation stance in KOF saying how it was awesome.... I, of course, disagreed. lol.

Steve was really anal with collecting his home games. He had TWO MOTW games... one he played, and one he kept in his drawer! lol. I sold him what I thought was a mint Sam Sho 4, but he thought the insert was wrinkled. Man, he was anal.

When I think of people that have passed, I think of the time frame that they died in. With Steve, I will always remember him when the Neo was still alive. Back in the heyday when games were still being made.... To him, it never died. And nor shall his memory...

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
i never knew him but what you just said touched me

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
holy shit man.
i seriously felt something swell up inside of me when i read "to him, it never died."
... didnt know him but i do believe i read the story of his passing.
to him SNK really is forever, and to neo-geo.com his memory will live on forever as well.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I thought this thread was about vwlunatic again.

Sad story though, it always sucks when someone you know passes. It doesnt even matter if you knew them well or not.

Ukyo

20 Year Member
he was a good guy; i remember how shocked the forum was after we found out what happened. didn't we send something to his parents afterwards? you knew him personally right spike?

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Ukyo said:
he was a good guy; i remember how shocked the forum was after we found out what happened. didn't we send something to his parents afterwards? you knew him personally right spike?

Yeah, he was cool. Funny dude, actually. I'm surprised how he went.

PS my avatar and sig are stolen from him. These are the last ones he ever used. Figured for this month I'd keep 'em on.

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
Nice tribute Spike. I knew him from his posts and from a few selling transactions. A good dude that truly loved the Neo

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
NLS

can't even talk about thi.s..
nice tribute. thx

I had a different login in 99/00/01/02 of course

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Hey man , he was a cool guy on the boards.

Never been with him in person, but I think we had some PM's exchanges back then.
He was pleasant guy in here.

"2/19/03 A long standing and active member of our community, SNK4EVER (Steve Howarth), died last night in a fatal automobile accident at the young age of 22. We won't forget you Steve, and our sincere condolences go out to your family and friends."

That can be found on the ng.com news archives.

As we speak , anyone has news of copterdoctor67 ?
He went on a military mission around that period and never heard of him anymore.

El_Duque

Andy's Clothess,
Wow, it's been 5 years now. I remember saying that his avatar should have been retired.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
The only interaction I ever had with Steve was here on the forums. I remember his boundless love for the Neo and MOTW. I also remember when we had the MOTW memorial night for him. To this day every time I fire up MOTW I still think of him.

He was far too young to go.

I hope all our fallen brethren are up there having a kick ass Neo tourney and that all their machines are forever set to free play.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Bump... in three more days, it will be five years. I know if it were me I wouldn't want to be forgotten.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
I didn't personally know SNK4Ever, but I will be playing MoTW tuesday in memory of him.

You are a good guy Spike. Don't let him be forgotten.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
Has it been that long already...?

Looks like I'll have to fire up MOTW again in his honor.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I never knew him.. but God bless him. Any one of us can go at any time so enjoy the good times while they last.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Time always goes too fast.

I do remember him. And I won't forget. I never do.

KaedesDisciple

Angel's Love ,
20 Year Member
Time really does have a way of sneaking up on you. I didn't forget him, but sometimes I do lose track of just how much time has passed.

Nice tribute for a great guy, good job Spike.

aria

Former Moderator
Time goes by fast, thanks for keeping his memory alive.

Steve

The Wonder Years,
WoodyXP said:
I never knew him.. but God bless him. Any one of us can go at any time so enjoy the good times while they last.

Amen. I didn't know Steve personally, but I was around enough to remember seeing him around. He always came off as a cool guy, a top bloke, all that.

Time really flies. He'll be remembered.

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
I remember him when I first came here around 2001 I liked him because he was a nine inch nails fan like me a while back and a big SNK fan. He will always be one of my favorite members here besides Samhain, Mushiki and Michael Yagami.
Hope he's in some kind of SNK neo heaven of some sorts.

P/S I didn't know him personally.

Last edited: