All about Samurai Shodown RPG: Tales of the Bushido

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Aku Tenshi said:
Allow me to step in and clarify something. The project is in no way ruined by some megalomaniac on a message board. The project will be finished but it's Deuce's call as to whether or not it is ever released. Yes, one person can ruin it for everyone. No one is entitled to the finished works.
Not releasing it would ruin it, but make no mistake, no one is entitled to Deuce's work other than him. I'm just saying some random ass on a message board shouldn't have any bearing on the outcome of the project. Don't give him the power because he doesn't deserve it, nor should he think he gets any say in what happens. In the context of such a lot of hard work, these comments are petty and unimportant.

Aku Tenshi

Crossed Swords Squire
Neo Alec said:
Not releasing it would ruin it, but make no mistake, no one is entitled to Deuce's work other than him. I'm just saying some random ass on a message board shouldn't have any bearing on the outcome of the project. Don't give him the power because he doesn't deserve it, nor should he think he gets any say in what happens. In the context of such a lot of hard work, these comments are petty and unimportant.

Please don't misunderstand what I was trying to say. The project itself cannot be ruined. The project is to translate the game and that is done (all that is left to be done is voice timing, which is mind bendingly tedious). The project isn't the release of the finished patch. That is a courtesy provided if Deuce feels like it.

I'm sorry if this comes across as snide or unfeeling but it is the truth. Just because someone shouldn't have an impact on whether or not this patch is released isn't to say that it won't happen. As petty and unimportant as they are, they make a big difference when this is a voluntary expenditure of time that can better be spent doing other things, with people who don't pick and prod and badger and belittle.

Also, just so that it's known, I am Deuce's wife. Believe me when I say that I have spent the better part of two years supporting the conception and completion of this project, with no benefit to myself other than the pride taken in his abilities and his works. I have had to watch my husband fight with seemingly senseless limitations, all for the personal satisfaction of seeing his work finished. I have watched the progress, proud of his accomplishments and frustrated at those limitations within the programs or the game itself. I have stood by while someone threatened my children out of childish spite, simply because he wasn't getting his way.

I am grateful for the people who support this project. I am very grateful for the people who stood up when someone was out of line. I am also grateful to the modmins for ensuring that this person can no longer be a distraction or a disturbance. Still, the damage has been done and Deuce is the only person who knows when, or even if, work will resume on the remainder of the patch. I will support his decision, no matter what it may be, whether or not it is the popular outcome.

Last edited:

meerak

n00b
Aku Tenshi said:
Also, just so that it's known, I am Deuce's wife. Believe me when I say that I have spent the better part of two years supporting the conception and completion of this project, with no benefit to myself other than the pride taken in his abilities and his works.
Wow, even supported in this by his wife? Deuce is truly blessed! :D

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Aku Tenshi said:
Still, the damage has been done and Deuce is the only person who knows when, or even if, work will resume on the remainder of the patch. I will support his decision, no matter what it may be, whether or not it is the popular outcome.
That would be a shame. I know Deuce has worked hard on it, and it would be awful to have some retard on the internet make him change his mind about the whole project. I think on the Internet you have to have thicker skin than that. Humanity is mostly composed of idiots, so you can't take it to heart when one of them comes along and tries to get under you skin. At any rate, the vast majority of us have all been grateful for his quality work, and hope we get to see this patch released. Thank you.

The Legendary LoneWolf

The Garou Densetsu Guy,
20 Year Member
I will be honest I think Deuce should close this thread and not post up anything

I believe he should PM peeps once its all finished, so only the good ones get it instead of him being bugged.

Although my PM been playing up so I hope he would also e-mail as well

What do you guys think ?

Replace Deuce's name with the name being said here is how I am starting to feel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZAr9E8i3ng

Last edited:

meerak

n00b
The Legendary LoneWolf said:
I will be honest I think Deuce should close this thread and not post up anything

I believe he should PM peeps once its all finished, so only the good ones get it instead of him being bugged.
Nah, this fine work of fan translation should be made public to anyone who would like it. As it would seem to me the more people enjoy Deuce's work, the more appreciation he will receive. Projects like these that require quite some dedication should be published in a spotlight IMO, offering a higher chance of their continued survival in the future.

Still, that's only my 2cents, ultimately it will be up to Deuce of course.

The Legendary LoneWolf

The Garou Densetsu Guy,
20 Year Member
meerak said:
Nah, this fine work of fan translation should be made public to anyone who would like it. As it would seem to me the more people enjoy Deuce's work, the more appreciation he will receive. Projects like these that require quite some dedication should be published in a spotlight IMO, offering a higher chance of their continued survival in the future.

Still, that's only my 2cents, ultimately it will be up to Deuce of course.

yeah but no disrespect but if you peeps are doing shit that is putting him off, then KNOCK IT OFF

end of the day, he can make threats like that cause its his work that he started from the beginning and he's the only one doing it.

Why dont one of you tosspots start this project yourself instead of doing a GTA and trying to jack his work.

plus a higher chance of their continued survival in the future. Leave the man alone to do his thing instead of begging for you lot to have him hand over his hard earned work over to you for free

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
I've made no threats to not release the patch, nor any promises to release it. But no one has the "right" to my work except me. Sure, plenty of people would love to play the game in English... but contrary to the Want-Take-Have mentality that so permeates the internet, desire does not equal privilege.

There are none so ungrateful as those who receive something for nothing.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Deuce said:
I've made no threats to not release the patch, nor any promises to release it. But no one has the "right" to my work except me. Sure, plenty of people would love to play the game in English... but contrary to the Want-Take-Have mentality that so permeates the internet, desire does not equal privilege.

Wow apparently I've missed a lot. I mentioned in the old thread that certain types of people can and have ruined fan projects in the past, but I never thought it could come close to happening on this one.

If it gets released, that'll be great, since it'll be my first RPG. If not, bummer but oh well.

Some people have their priorities so out of whack on stuff like this. If only they could realize that being patient and not worrying about it does more for them than pestering (because if the project were to get cancelled, it would be through no fault of theirs).

It's all too easy for the author of a PITA project to just say "fuck it", and even more so when given a reason to, in the form of someone like losermaru.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Deuce said:

This thread has gotten very sad. I feel that it would benefit from all non-informative posts being deleted.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Wow... I too am shocked to come in here and see some dick wad acting like a total artard. Hey Duce man we have all loved what you've done so far and just remember there are many people out here supporting you. I've gone through the same shit on my project. People bashing it saying what's the point it's a big waste. Then there were others out there that truly loved the Card Fighter Project and praised it. I'd love to see your project get finished up but hey ... do what you need to do.

Deuce said:

it wasnt aimed at you, so....?

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
How about we delete this entire thread and let Deuce complete the awesome project he is doing. I'm sure that he wouldn't miss the "OFF TOPIC" conversation that has been going on here.

When he's done, we'll know.

Deuce has put a lot of time into this and I thank him for all the screen shots and information about this game.

Hine62

Deuce

Tenhafuujinzan said:
it wasnt aimed at you, so....?
Simply making the point for anyone who happened to be wondering.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Hine62 said:
How about we delete this entire thread and let Deuce complete the awesome project he is doing. I'm sure that he wouldn't miss the "OFF TOPIC" conversation that has been going on here.

I wear pants.

Last edited:

Deuce

Hine62 said:
I hope you wear underwear too... :lol:
Maybe he goes
ninjacommandotitle.gif

lordtut

Kuroko's Training Dummy

my cousin was into gta online and was making changes to the files for the cars.
make them faster, stronger, fly, ect.
he was editing one to drive up walls and someone asked how he did this so he spent 3 days helping him.
the next day he gos online and the guy he just helped was on there raging on someone for asking how he did that to his car.
he was saying "figure it out your self" my cousin got pissed yelled at the guy then deleted his site telling people how to do the different things & never went t online with it again.

Last edited:
he was editing one to drive up walls and someone asked how he did this so he spent 3 days helping him.
the next day he gos online and the guy he just helped was on there raging on someone for asking how he did that to his car.
he was saying "figure it out your self" my cousin got pissed yelled at the guy then deleted his site telling people how to do the different things & never went t online with it again.

aaahh, touching story.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member

BWAA! Get pissed. Delete. That'll show everybody. I never wanted a birthday party anyway.