All about Samurai Shodown RPG: Tales of the Bushido

darknior

n00b
Like every years i stand for a release ...
And nothing come :(

No beta, no final release ...
This translation will never come out, now i know it :(
So bad ...

jameshead.jpg
Never give up! Trust your instinct.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
No, it was going to be an AES game, limited to 3 copies. One for Deuce, one for Chris and one for Dion.

dhowerter

We are Tracking Youze!,
I'm still waiting for this patch! ^_^ I just wish Deuce would come in here and tell us: 1. He's alive ;-) and 2. If he is indeed still working on it

BTW, someone above mentioned that the Neo Geo CD version of SS RPG was superior to the Saturn / PS1 versions. Could someone tell me why that is? (as many details as possible! ^_^)

- I mean, are the graphics any different in the Neo CD version vs the Saturn version (this is the version I'd be playing if not the Neo CD version), are the characters in the battle scenes more animated, for example, since the Neo CD has more RAM than the Saturn?

- Any differences in the voices? sound effects? music?

- Also, I know the Neo CD version has a THIRD chapter /scenario that's supposed to be pretty funny: it has King of Fighters characters in it! (it's called "Omake" on the Title Screen - I think it unlocks after you beat one or both of the normal scenarios);

Does the Saturn version have it too?

Thanks! :D

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I thought the ps1 and saturn versions were different and was not the full game?

Stevacus

n00b
Hey guys and gals this project is being carried out by TUX the author of neoraine (and a reAlly nice guy) more info and the files needed to translate are on his page http://rainemu.swishparty.co.uk/html/download/neoraine.html if we can get enough people together we can make this a reality. so far he has translated up to what he's seen in dueces demo video I've tried his technique and files and they work! much <3 to my neo geo family :)

qoute from tuxs page.

This version's goal was to show if translating ssrpg (samurai spirits rpg) is
possible or not. The answer is yes, it includes a built-in translator where
you can type directly your translation. For this to work, you need this :
ssrpg_eng_0.2.zip : unzip this in your neoraine directory, it will create an
override/ssrpg directory with a few files in it. Don't try to replace original
ssrpg spr files with the ones in this zip file, it wouldn't work. Also the files
in the override directory are loaded instead of any file named like this for
the current game. Which means that if any other game happens to use a
file named like one of the files contained in the override directory, it will
use the override version. So be carefull if you load something different
from ssrpg with this override directory here, it's probably better to rename
or delete it first. The zip also contains savedata/ssrpg.map which tells it
which sprites are currently being used for the translation.
And you also need to change the ipl.txt file for ssrpg. For this I suggest
puting all the ssrpg files in a zip file, and changing the ipl.txt from the zip
file, it's the easiest way, and it allows to still have audio tracks in mp3
format. Anyway, either edit your ipl.txt file by hand, and add this line at
the end :
COMBOS.SPR,0,10080
COMBOS1.SPR,0,50080
or get the modified ipl.txt file from this link.
With this you'll have a translated game logo in the game main menu, and
3 translated screens only in the game (it's just a proof of concept for now,
I need help from someone who can actually read these japenese texts to
finish it). The translations are for :
- yellow haired guy - presentation
- green haired girl - chapter selection
- blue haired guy, during his talk with his master (1 screen only)
All this is released in the hope that it will motivate someone to finish this
one day, at least the tools to do it are now available.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Is it that time of the year where a new member offers Deuce money if he will ever do this?

darknior

n00b
Woaw ... so cool ... finaly a new project come :D
I wish it find some guys to help and speak Japanese ...
This game must come to english one day ;)

OldSchoolGamer

Living teh 'Murican dream
Wow...its been 5 years since I checked up on this since I first posted about it back in 2008. Where did teh time go?

Well I just wanted to throw out there once more that I dont mind the wait at all myself...it just makes it that much more special when the final product is released.

Deuce, keep up the good work, and ignore the ignorant ass's that are posting shit about the project. They aren't worth it.

Maybe I should for kicks stop watching this for another 5 years and see if its released when I am 31 :P. Seriously though, congrats once more Deuce about being picked up by XSEED. Thats just awesome. Just goes to show that when the final product is realeased it'll be professional quality, not 3rd rate and the wait is goddamn worth it for that.

I'll prob end up picking up a Neo CD and SS:RPG before this is released and that is fine by me. I'll play it through in japanese...no harm no foul. Wont hear me complaining that im still waiting anway :)

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
You can be sure that Deuce will never post here again after looking like a huge jackass with the KOF 13 rom release. His ego won't let him.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Posting dick pics is always a good idea to break the ice.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
What do you expect? After all is said and done it still is a freaking RPG, in other words the odds always yield towards the crappy end when it comes to RPGs...no RPG is safe from this sort of thing.

RPGs and RPG gamers should be incinerated, let them burn with no chance for clerical assitance...bwa ha ha ha ha!

I would much rather have other games translated, like Card Fighters Expansion 2, I know there's a patch out there for the rom but it's pretty buggy, I'd love me a full english version. Great game and it doesn't really feel like a god damn RPG, no stupid characters standing like fools waiting for their turn to do silly spells or attacks. I always wondered why people like such genre, mind as well play D&D instead...uggh! The only D&D I ever play is on CPS2.
By the time you had posted this there already was a full translation of CFC2 by Flavor. I think it was finished by 2008-2009. Anyway if you've not played it yet I suggest you try it out.

massimiliano

&#12493;&#12458;&#12472;&#12458;,
20 Year Member
LOL this thread...I learned Japanese in the meanwhile.