Few first post questions !

MadSlacka

New Challenger
This is my first post, i been reading for a few months. I hate the fact that i'm n00b but guess i need to start some where. So let me say Thanks for providing me with a place full of great information.
As of right now I own a MV-1F conversion and a MV-4F Dedicated.
Own them for only a few months.
I have run into a few small issues that i need to work on and figured this would be the perfect place to start.

*Can't get test button to work on the MV-1F conversion. Went threw the user manual and found that #15 on the main harness. i thought i traced the wire from the test button to the harness. it doesn't seem to be #15 tho, i could have traced the wire wrong because it's a conversion there are alot of different color wires , it must change color 4 or 5 times. Could it be broken button..or bad solder, was wondering if theres a way to test it, like send continuity and ping that cable..

*No Sound out of speakers on the MV-4F Dedicated. Headphones work fine. I have been threw the hardware test, Cleaned the speaker volume slider with contact cleaner. tryed plugging a different speaker in the audio output (_) (+) wires that run to the speaker. nothing..i looked at the board and nothing seems broken.. If you leave the cab on for a while and are very quite you can barley hear some sound but the noise from pressing the buttons over powers it.

*Not saving high scores or soft dips on the MV-4F Dedicated. Guess i need a new battery, can any one recommend a good working replacement.

*Games..I'm having sound problems with magical drop 2, It sounds really distorted. This happens on both boards. I opened the cart up and cleaned it well, looked at the chips and everything seems authentic.

Got 4 games in the 4 slot, if you don't select game to play after a quick demo it moves on to the next game, well the last game is King of monsters and it won't recycle to the 1st games, just sits there on main screen waiting for player to hit start, same thing happens if i move the game to another slot, it just won't move on. wondering if any one has seen this.

*heh, finally got my hands on a bootleg cart, Neo turf masters, label is a boot, roms look like boots and so do the 2 boards, sounds a little crap in game play..What should i do, if i play it can it destroy the 1slot or 4 slot board?? do people collect boots? if so i think i'm all set with owning a crap copy.

Well, Thanks for letting me get that off my chest, i Hope theres a few peeps out there that can help out. Hope to heard from you. Thanks again

wiseguylogo.jpg