Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Ghost-Dog said:
My alts are:

34 Warrior
12 Shaman
20-something Paladin
12 Mage

I'd like to make a Druid someday.

But yeah, our server is RP, but I think most of the RP'ers left a long time ago. It feels like pretty much any other PVE server. I mostly went there to escape the internet jackasses, but it seems they followed me at some point.

You still see some people attempt to roleplay in the Shire, but they usually get frustrated by the trolls and leave.
I've rolled

Hunter
Rogue
Druid
Warrior
Priest

to at least 30. But I'd like to go mage or shammy, are they decent solo classes? Do they compare to any of the above classes in your experience?

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Buro Destruct said:
I've rolled

Hunter
Rogue
Druid
Warrior
Priest

to at least 30. But I'd like to go mage or shammy, are they decent solo classes? Do they compare to any of the above classes in your experience?

Mages.. I've only ever played one to 20 or so. If you have the money to buy good gear as you level, it makes it a fuckton easier. Otherwise you'll be fireballing mob, hit frost nova, run out of melee range, then nuke. Only your mana won't last and you'll be drinking constantly. With good gear you will level like a fiend.

As for Shammy, mine is still low, and I have never played one past 20. I had a Troll Shammy once back in the day, but the class has changed a lot since then. They're fun to play though, it's nice in a Druid kind of way, being able to fill multiple roles at once. You can wear chain at 40, which is a plus, and they are very valued in endgame groups, especially if you respec Resto. Again, my current Shammy is only 12 but I'm already getting a very basic sense of the class. Soloing (so far) is hella easy.

Buro Destruct

Ghost-Dog said:
Mages.. I've only ever played one to 20 or so. If you have the money to buy good gear as you level, it makes it a fuckton easier. Otherwise you'll be fireballing mob, hit frost nova, run out of melee range, then nuke. Only your mana won't last and you'll be drinking constantly. With good gear you will level like a fiend.

As for Shammy, mine is still low, and I have never played one past 20. I had a Troll Shammy once back in the day, but the class has changed a lot since then. They're fun to play though, it's nice in a Druid kind of way, being able to fill multiple roles at once. You can wear chain at 40, which is a plus, and they are very valued in endgame groups, especially if you respec Resto. Again, my current Shammy is only 12 but I'm already getting a very basic sense of the class. Soloing (so far) is hella easy.
Seriously stop talking to me.

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
Buro Destruct said:
I've rolled

Hunter
Rogue
Druid
Warrior
Priest

Shaman is a lot different than it used to be once you can dual weild. Honestly, I will likely level one back up seeing what is different about them now. In the early days you would have a slow ass 2her if you went enhancement and just pray for favorable crits that could kill a mob in 3 swipes, but that happened about as frequently as going on a bad run and missing 4-5 times in a row with a 3.6 delay weapon. There was no average fight timer. You either mauled something in 1 stormstrike that proced windfury and crits or you were still beating on that mob 30 seconds later. Now that you have dual weild its a lot more consistant. Fights average 6-8 seconds until the expansion or so when the hps jump.

Its a fun class to play, but if you are looking for late game raiding remember that a guild wants only so many enhance spec shaman. More often they are looking for the tried and true resto/element build so you won't likely be playing the same way in late game as you did to get you there unless you find a slot in a guild who happens to need another AP buffer for their warriors and rogues.

As for mage, I only know about frost mages. Its a lot easier to have it be a second or third character on a server because you want as much +frost or fire as you can get in your gear and on some auction houses that stuff sells at a premium. For a long time with a mage you are basically a 1 trick pony just spamming the most efficient DD you have to kill a mob and moving to the next only to repeat the process. Late game, you turn into a crowd control device sheeping and freezing adds (again, if frost) and using the water elemental to take down large targets. You also get a very effective shield in case you overstep the tank in aggro by accident.

The real question is, what do you want out of a character? Most people reroll for a handful of reasons. 1. they get tired of the grind. 2. they dont like the end game of the class they chose 3. they just want to experience a little of everything.

If #3 sounds like you, try the shaman. He is a bit of a jack of all trades/master of none toon. He can be specced and equiped to be an effective healer or DD caster while not losing ability to take a couple smacks or he can be an effective DPS as long as you watch the aggro. You won't last long against a raid boss if you stormstrike and windfury while popping shamanistic rage, I promise. Late game enhance is sorta like being a furry warrior light if you will.

Oh yeah, and the game is finally itemized decently for enhance shaman which was always the biggest bane of the class. No more stealing Hunter gear and getting griped at for it!

Last edited:

Buro Destruct

GD.

YOU HOMO DELUXE.

Answer me this:

Hows the PvP on Argent Dawn? The realm activity looks RIDICULOUSLY Alliance heavy, not a fan of imbalanced PvPing.

Also I fucking hate Alliance. With a passion.

You idiots need to re-roll Horde on a PvP server for realz.

ViewtifulZFO

Street Hoop Star
Buro Destruct said:
GD.

YOU HOMO DELUXE.

Answer me this:

Hows the PvP on Argent Dawn? The realm activity looks RIDICULOUSLY Alliance heavy, not a fan of imbalanced PvPing.

I'm Horde on Dentarg, but Dentarg is one of the suckiest servers ever to exist.

So please, don't roll on Dentarg.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Buro Destruct said:
GD.

YOU HOMO DELUXE.

Answer me this:

Sorry brotha, I am not re-rolling at this point. I am active in my guild, a class leader and have too many friends to leave. :(

PvP is tricky. People from AD tend to be pretty good pvp'ers, but for some reason our battlegroup sucks. Either that, or the Horde in our battlegroup are ridiculously good. If you can get in a premade, you will do well I have found. If you PUG BG's, and see Alliance from Mannoroth on your team, you will probably lose. They are the most immature, glory seeking, selfish assholes I have ever met online. No sense of team spirit at all. We still own AV most of the time, but everything else is usually a loss 2/3rds of the time.

It wasn't always this way..

Buro Destruct

Ghost-Dog said:
Sorry brotha, I am not re-rolling at this point. I am active in my guild, a class leader and have too many friends to leave. :(

PvP is tricky. People from AD tend to be pretty good pvp'ers, but for some reason our battlegroup sucks. Either that, or the Horde in our battlegroup are ridiculously good. If you can get in a premade, you will do well I have found. If you PUG BG's, and see Alliance from Mannoroth on your team, you will probably lose. They are the most immature, glory seeking, selfish assholes I have ever met online. No sense of team spirit at all. We still own AV most of the time, but everything else is usually a loss 2/3rds of the time.

It wasn't always this way..
Your main is a hunter yes?

I'm seriously contemplating on rolling priest again.......such a fun class.

BUT SUCH A GRIZZZZIND.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Buro Destruct said:
Your main is a hunter yes?

I'm seriously contemplating on rolling priest again.......such a fun class.

BUT SUCH A GRIZZZZIND.

Yep. I'm about to start grinding my 34 Warrior to 70 hardcore too. What would be cool is if you and Scott (who never responds to my tells btw) and Wes could get to the 30's, then we could all grind quests together.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Buro Destruct said:

I roll horde on Mal'Ganis, which is a pvp server. I have a 57 Tauren warrior, and then a shitload of 20 - 30s of every other class, save Priest.

Buro Destruct

Ghost-Dog said:
Yep. I'm about to start grinding my 34 Warrior to 70 hardcore too. What would be cool is if you and Scott (who never responds to my tells btw) and Wes could get to the 30's, then we could all grind quests together.
I'm thinking Priest or Druid, but aside from hating Alliance, I totally HATE Night Elves.

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
Other than AV bgs are pretty much random pug vs. premade most of the time in my battle group. Of 10 games in a pug I see on average 8 premades on the ally side in both AB and EotS. I don't play WSG so I can't speak for that one. In my experience though, several premades are made up of total retardeds. The ones with vent channels are a pain in the ass to the point of nearly impossible to beat however.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
heh, neobuyer really doesn't respond to tells at all. Do you not know how? Or are you just too cool for all of us

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Wes said:
heh, neobuyer really doesn't respond to tells at all. Do you not know how? Or are you just too cool for all of us

The only time he ever responded to me was when I actually went and found him in Azuremyst Isle.

Buro Destruct

Ghost-Dog said:
The only time he ever responded to me was when I actually went and found him in Azuremyst Isle.
I'll be on tomorrow night (YOU FUCKS), whats your name?

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Erg, I seriously don't see when people are trying to communicate with me. Forgive, forgive.

I thought I was being attacked when Ghost Dog finally found me.

Look guys, I suck.

But the name is Metraton

Let me know where to look (Or much more importantly) and how I can customise the interface so I know when someone is talking to me. I play on a 15" monitor, and reading that little text in the lower left of the screen is a pain in the ass.

I will probably be on later tonight.

Buro Destruct

neobuyer said:
Erg, I seriously don't see when people are trying to communicate with me. Forgive, forgive.

I thought I was being attacked when Ghost Dog finally found me.

Look guys, I suck.

But the name is Metraton

Let me know where to look (Or much more importantly) and how I can customise the interface so I know when someone is talking to me. I play on a 15" monitor, and reading that little text in the lower left of the screen is a pain in the ass.

I will probably be on later tonight.
Unless they've changed it, there are 3 major chat channels (and corresponding colors):

Regular chat (chat that everyone in your zone can read) = Light pink color
Party Chat (chat that only members of your party can read) = Blue
Tell Chat (chat that only YOU and the person you are "tell"-ing can read) = Deep/dark pink

When someone "tells" you by using /tell Name [Type words here] - it should register with a "dink" noise and appear as a deep pink color in your chat window

To reply to that person, you can either type /reply [Words here], /r [Words here], or /tell Name [Words here]

No brackets. Bear in mind there are SEVERAL other chat channels (Market, Guild, Global etc) but these are the major 3 you should be aware of.

By right-clicking on the Chat Window, it should bring up various options to change the colors of these chat channels, rename them, create new ones, resize the text, etc.

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Logging on right now. I have two chars: Dixynormous and another one I just made named Hatorade. Hit me up.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Gah, you got Buro back?

I guess I'm next.... Seriously, I wonder if my left hand has healed properly enough to type with it for 20 hours a day. It was kinda fucked up, which is why I quit, but it's been at least six months of downtime. Hmm.

Maybe I'll just buy a two month card and play a little bit and see what happens.

I hate you guys. I seriously hate you guys.

Buro Destruct

Look out for a Dwarf Priest named Shaqfu in about two hours...

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
HeartlessNinny said:
Gah, you got Buro back?

I guess I'm next.... Seriously, I wonder if my left hand has healed properly enough to type with it for 20 hours a day. It was kinda fucked up, which is why I quit, but it's been at least six months of downtime. Hmm.

Maybe I'll just buy a two month card and play a little bit and see what happens.

I hate you guys. I seriously hate you guys.

It doesn't take much to get a WoW addict into relapse. In your case maybe you really should stay away, if you developed carpal tunnel you might have a problem..

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Ghost-Dog said:
It doesn't take much to get a WoW addict into relapse. In your case maybe you really should stay away, if you developed carpal tunnel you might have a problem..

Well, I didn't actually develop carpal tunnel. I figured I was in danger of doing so, though.

Right before I quit, my left hand kept getting sore and/or numb, alternatively. Once in a while, it still aches a bit, but for the most part, it seems all right.

You're right though. I would be pretty stupid to start playing again and potentially mess up my hand for good. There was this kid in my guild who was about 15 or so, and before I left, he told me he had severe carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrists. I asked him how bad that really was and he told me, "Bad. I never go anywhere without a bottle of painkillers."

So.... It's not for nothing that I say watch it. I didn't really play much more than a lot of hardcore players (in some cases, a lot less), but I developed bad typing habits without really realizing it, and, well, you all know the rest now.

So be careful, ye noobs. Sure, you don't know what anyone is talking about in this thread, and you may not know what a tell is, etc, but you will eventually. And once you start hanging out in-game with people you have a lot of fun with, suddenly it becomes cometitive, and before you know it, playing for 16 hours on your day off doesn't seem unreasonable.