20 sparrow-dropped characters

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
(The King of Fighters 1995) Billy Kane mini action figure that I finished yesterday. The head sculpt looks a bit too much like an old man at times in the photos, depending on the viewing angle and how the light is hitting it, but, other than that, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

KOF_kane95a.jpg

KOF_kane95b.jpg

Mid-construction photos. The stripes on his bandanna were a real bugger to paint by hand (I used the tip of a sewing needle as a brush) especially for me and my perpetually shaking "whiskey fingers".

kof_bkane95_fab1.jpg

kof_bkane95_fab2.jpg

For comparison purposes, below are several images of Billy Kane from The King of Fighters '95 video game. The final image, depicting him striking out with his extended staff, is from the "Nettou" Game Boy port of KOF '95 (recolored by me).

kof_billy95_quote.png

kof_billy95_game1.gif
kof_billy95_intro.gif

kof_billy95_dmg.gif

Webpage with more info (dimensions, materials used, background story, trivia, etc):

http://kramwartap.fortunecity.com/billykane95.html

I told Billy to stay away from that Pirana Plant, but he wouldn't listen . . .

billyfood.jpg

Last edited:

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Honestly M, I can't say much more than I have over the years about your work. This stuff is so fun to look at. I love your detailed descriptions, walkthroughs, comparisons, breakdowns, all of it.

Thanks for taking the time to share this stuff with us, I for one love to see it :)

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
You need a custom rank. You are far above anyone else registered here.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
DARK ANDY said:
You need a custom rank. You are far above anyone else registered here.
Agreed. You've amassed a vast array of masterpieces with your skills.

02gx8.gif

I dunno what kind of custom rank you should be given, but once Domino-chan gets a look at this you'll be her hero.
:D

zombiesara

, She-sagwa
i always wonder what happens to all these little characters once you're done with them.
do they go on some sort of display ?do they go in a shoebox?
do you sell them? do you give them away?

they're all completely awesome btw.

Ruko Hanaji

New Challenger
That is bloody brilliant. I've been an admirer of your stuff the last six years, and I realize now it's been a while since I've been to your page. I have to go ammend that now. :D

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Great. I love seeing your stuff.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Thanks for the comments everyone! I appreciate the push for giving me a custom rank, but I don't even know what I'd pick if I had one.

Zombiesara: Most of the figures I make end up displayed on shelves and anywhere else I have some free space. The majority of the mini action figures I've made, including Billy, are currently piled up on top of my computer keyboard, burying the F1-12 keys. There's a couple of dozen or so stored in boxes, but most of my figures are out on display, along with my large collection of "real" toys. I can't legally or ethically sell anything depicting copyrighted characters, without a licensing agreement, which eliminates about 99% of the figures I've made, so, no, I don't sell them, although I've had numerous offers.

Ami Tajiri

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Fantastic yet again! Your skill and attention to detail never cease to amaze me, especially on his overalls and the staff. Please keep creating all this awesome work. :D Perhaps the rank "Master Artisan" would apply?

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
Kazuki Dash said:
Agreed. You've amassed a vast array of masterpieces with your skills.

02gx8.gif

I dunno what kind of custom rank you should be given, but once Domino-chan gets a look at this you'll be her hero.
:D

You rang? :D

I'm surprised this slipped under my radar! As always, very cool work, M. You made my morning. :buttrock: