Your latest Neo purchases

TaiDOmi

Mr. Big's Thug
Have you added a new Neo Cart to your collection or what was your last Neo purchase?

I just bought RB2 for Neo AES from ebay. Cannot wait to get my hands on it. :p

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
I finally got Magician Lord on monday after three weeks of waiting. The game arrived in near perfect condition except for two plastic cart tray cracks on the inside. I had played Magician Lord only a few times on an emulator and it looked a lot better on my AES. I was surprised to notice that the game had extra cutscene animations when compared to the MVS version. The AES version was also easier than the MVS version, because the player has more energy and infinite credits.

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
I decided to buy a lesser known game for my AES on friday : Galaxy Fight - Universal Warriors (Japanese version). It's a sci-fi themed fighting game developed by Sunsoft. I like it's gameplay which feels very different when compared to most Neo Geo fighting games. Galaxy Fight has infinitely scrolling stages (like in old Tekken games), punches and kicks are not separated (only low, medium and hard attacks), no super moves and lots of running and evading.

Pocketgamer

Ukyo's Doctor
15 Year Member
Its been a while for me, I had bought MS4 near the end of 2007 and still haven't played it. I've been working too much and too hard lately. I will probably get to it on a weekend when I see the nephews so they can tag team and kick butt!

I'm international by the way. :p

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Recently bought MS2, X, 3, and Ghostlop within the last 2 weeks.

Akira_Tekagi:
You get infinite credits on the MVS version of magician lord plus you continue from the exact point that you die so how do you figure AES version is easier? Also, energy is tied to the difficulty setting on the MVS version --> easier setting = more blue and pink life bars.
I had Galaxy Fight for a few moths then sold it. I play alot of fighters and just couldn't get this one down at all. Maybe I was missing something but all the fights were lopsided in the CPUs favor and I gave up in utter frustration. I love the borderless stage idea though, that's one of the reasons I fell in love with Rival Schools.

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
topher said:
Akira_Tekagi:
You get infinite credits on the MVS version of magician lord plus you continue from the exact point that you die so how do you figure AES version is easier? Also, energy is tied to the difficulty setting on the MVS version --> easier setting = more blue and pink life bars.
I'm an AES owner and I have played the MVS version of Magician Lord only a few times on MAME, so I shouldn't have compared them yet. I did some research on this today and found information about the different versions on neogeoforlife.com : http://www.neogeoforlife.com/viewpage.php?page_id=69. I own the "maglordh" version on AES.

topher said:
I had Galaxy Fight for a few moths then sold it. I play alot of fighters and just couldn't get this one down at all. Maybe I was missing something but all the fights were lopsided in the CPUs favor and I gave up in utter frustration. I love the borderless stage idea though, that's one of the reasons I fell in love with Rival Schools.
The CPU in Galaxy Fight is a tough opponent, but I think that Neo Geo has fighting games where the CPU is even harder (for example Art of Fighting 2). I have to try the game on my AES to be sure though...

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
I ordered another game for my AES on tuesday : Ghost Pilots (Euro version, most likely brand new). I won it on eBay for 40€ including the shipping cost.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Man, I've been wanting to check out ghost pilots. Shooters are pretty much absent from my collection at the moment, I only recently realized that and plan on changing that in the coming months. LMK what you think of ghost pilots.

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
topher said:
Man, I've been wanting to check out ghost pilots. Shooters are pretty much absent from my collection at the moment, I only recently realized that and plan on changing that in the coming months. LMK what you think of ghost pilots.
I ordered Ghost Pilots because I've always been a shooter fan and it was one of the few early (1990-1991) Neo Geo games that I wanted to add to my collection. I have played Ghost Pilots only a couple of times on MAME, but I think it's a pretty good 1942-style vertical shooter and it's definetly one of the cheapest shooters on the AES. I might still prefer NAM-1975 over it even after I get to play it properly on my AES.

I would recommend that you should try NAM-1975 first, which you can get for only $25 from the Neostore or $30+ from gameliquidation on eBay.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
I got Nam 75 about a year or so ago. I walked into a used game store intending to walk out with their nam 75 mvs cart and ended up walking out with the whole 4 slot big red + 6 carts and a spare mobo. That's a hard game. All I've been playing for the last week now is Slug 1 with a little slug 2. I saw where Gemant was able to pull in 3+ million points. That has rekindled my interest in the game big time. I was under the impression that 1.7 was the highest possible score prior to seeing that score.

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
Galaxy Fight arrived yesterday, but unfortunately I had to pay almost 20€ to get it declared at customs. I was shocked after I had opened the shipping box : the seller hadn't sent me the Japanese version of Galaxy Fight, but I got the rarer, ENGLISH version of the game! :eek: The game's plastic cart tray was broken very badly and the plastic manual bag was missing, but otherwise the game was in excellent condition.

I noticed while reading the game's manual that all characters in the game actually have super moves. I just hadn't noticed them while trying the game on MAME.

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
I picked up Ghost Pilots from the post office last wednesday. The game turned out to be better than I had expected. It's gameplay is fast-paced (especially in the later levels) and the player has to keep moving and firing constantly to stay alive. The difficulty level reminds me of NAM-1975. The levels in Ghost Pilots are a little bit wider than the screen and they scroll horizontally according to the player's movement, which makes them look great. The player can also choose to play air-to-ground or air-to-air combat levels at the start of the game. I prefer the air-to-air levels which have huge planes as bosses.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
RockstarRunner said:
20€ at customs ain't nothin :smirk:
They caught my Slug 3 coming in... :oh_no:

That's why you always remind the seller to mark a joke value on the package, like 50€ or something and to never write "video game" in the description.

If all of the above is in vain you can always lie to the customs officers.

TaiDOmi

Mr. Big's Thug
I wonder if it is possible to ask Neo Store not to write the real sum on the package? I mean will they do if you ask them?

Last edited:

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
TaiDOmi said:
I wonder if it is possible to ask Neo Store not to write the real sum on the package? I mean will they do if you ask them?
You don't even have to contact them. You can decide the declared value of the ordered item(s) on the Neostore's checkout form. I would recommend a value of $5.

TaiDOmi

Mr. Big's Thug
Akira_Tekagi said:
You don't even have to contact them. You can decide the declared value of the ordered item(s) on the Neostore's checkout form. I would recommend a value of $5.

Why you would recommend $5? I often ask to mark the value of $20 and I never have had to pay the customs.

Did they mark the value of your SSVS $5 and still the customs officer decided to take a closer look of it? :conf:

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
TaiDOmi said:
Why you would recommend $5? I often ask to mark the value of $20 and I never have had to pay the customs.
The Neostore has high shipping costs which increases the total value of your order. The standard shipping cost for one AES game from the Neostore to Finland is about $35 and $45 for two games. The customs checks the total value of your order (declared item value + shipping cost) and stops your package if it's worth more than 40€. The customs homepage (www.tulli.fi) isn't working at the moment so I can't recheck this now.

TaiDOmi said:
Did they mark the value of your SSVS $5 and still the customs officer decided to take a closer look of it? :conf:
The declared value I chose for my SSVS was $10 (+ shipping cost $35 = $45 total value) and it still got caught in the customs. I ordered KoF '96 about half a year ago ($5 + $35 = $40) and it didn't get caught.

TaiDOmi

Mr. Big's Thug
Euro versions of Ghost Pilots and Ninja Combat. Both new and sealed... I unsealed them of course... ;)

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Bought my first Neo-Geo game in a long time, Waku Waku 7 MVS. Pretty entertaining cartoony fighter. But not too much time to play it, because I'm mad with Naomi.

Today arrived 6 games for the Naomi: Capcom vs. SNK, Power Stone, Giga Wing 2, Heavy Metal Geomatrix, Guilty Gear X and Beach Spikers.

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
I've ordered two new games for my AES : Karnov's Revenge (Brand new English version) and Alpha Mission II (Brand new U.S. version). I have never played Karnov's Revenge, but it seems to be a really fun fighting game. Alpha Mission II was dirt cheap and I wanted to buy a space shooter for my AES.

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
I had only seen a few videos of Karnov's Revenge before I decided to buy it. The game turned out to be a positive surprise. It's graphics might not be at the same level as for example KOF games but I'm really enjoying it's old-school gameplay. Karnov's Revenge has a unique "weak point" system where you have to hit your opponents a few times to a certain part of their clothing to stun them. The opponent's weak point will start to flash in white after a couple of hits. The weak point doesn't recover during the round so if it receives a couple of hits early in the round a single hit can stun the opponent later in the round.

Alpha Mission II was also a better game than I had expected. I didn't understand how the game's power-up system worked when I played it on MAME. The game's manual explained the system very clearly and I started to enjoy the game much more after reading it. Alpha Mission II is a good vertical space shooter with 6 long stages and an impressive final boss. The game's fourth stage is amazing. The player's ship flies in a bottomless canyon where horizontal beams of electricity appear and disappear in the black depths at the center of the screen. The stage uses multi-layered parallax scrolling which creates an incredible feeling of depth and speed.

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
I decided to buy another space shooter for my AES : Andro Dunos (used English version). It should arrive next week.