Is bill Burger aka bbu97159656tcy a good seller?

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Bill's new eBay Id is : gameboardsoc1234
I called the Paypal.com folks and they refunded the return shipping cost

Bought a non-working AvP. Well, it must have spent some time as a channel marker in a harbor as it was completely water damaged and corroded. I didn't even have to open the case looking through the vent. Wish I had known this was Bill's new ebay... The real kick in the balls was seeing the return address with his name, then I knew I was fucked. Was refunded for everything, including return from paypal.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Bought a cart from him with no hiccups. Looks like I dodged a bullet.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Buying from Bill is often a gamble. He deals in large volume and I assume everything he sells has been on route or on an operators shelf at sometime. His prices do seem a lot higher now, but there are still decent deals to be had as long as you assume the risk the boards/parts might be broken or not working upon arrival. I wouldn't buy any high dollar items as his return policy is basically "no refunds".

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Buying from Bill is often a gamble. He deals in large volume and I assume everything he sells has been on route or on an operators shelf at sometime. His prices do seem a lot higher now, but there are still decent deals to be had as long as you assume the risk the boards/parts might be broken or not working upon arrival. I wouldn't buy any high dollar items as his return policy is basically "no refunds".

He knew that AvP was water damaged and beware it has been relisted.

I had a similar problem with Bill Burger about a year ago.

Purchased a lot of MVS carts off him. 3 of the 12 or so carts were not the ones listed in the auction and the rest were non working except one, even after cleaning the carts and my boards. After politely asking for a refund he accused me of trying to rip him off and then put me on his buyer block list.. :lolz:

Paypal sorted it out, they returned the funds after delivery confirmation cleared.. but I was out the cost return shipping.

Just like I'm out the $210 that you stole from me?

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Hey, look, Bill is now selling tested working boards only for parts or repiar. :D

-----------------------------------
19XX CAPCOM CPS 2 SYSTEM CARTRIDGE ARCADE GAME PCB BOARD C9A

used item TESTED WORKING with sound , SORRY I DONT KNOW ITS HISTORY, OR IF THE BATTERY HAS BEEN CHANGED I ONLY KNOW IT WORKS SOLD ONLY FOR PARTS, SPARE OR REPAIR . THIS ITEM IS SOLD WITH NO WARRANTY OR RETURNS. i can wait up to 20 days for payment. I DO COMBINE SHIPPING .............................................................................. .

International Buyers – Please Note: Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.

Last edited:

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Apart from some(tons of) grime and mini marquees stuck with super tape to the carts(arse), most of the 40 odds carts i bought over a few months were fine to be honest.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Got some move stickers for kof 96 from him. I'll post a satisfaction review soon.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
bought what i thought to be ST-V manual only...B sent all sorts of bonus docs w/ it! bought a flyer...included dip sheet to game! used 'best offer' on ST-V Winter Heat...he accepted!

he has exceeded my expectations, time after time...he's alright by me.

James, i don't understand how we had such disperate experiences. sorry to hear, man. dunno if you caught him on some bad days, or if more than one person runs Bill's accounts?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I think it was his wife, she's really stupid. I don't think Bill himself would have cut me off.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I've bought from Bill. I've bought a LOT from bill.

He's not a bad guy. he's touchy.

He often cuts deals on things and if you contact HIM directly, he will often play ball, especially if you buy a bunch of things.

I had some personality conflicts with him in the past, but he's never screwed me.

Comparing him to OTHER ops, he's a goddamn saint.

It's part of dealing in coin-op and being an operator.. those guys aren't known for being decent people.

Buy with caution and you'll end up ahead.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Guy still is a piece of shit in my book, refer to page 1

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
im on the fence about him

on one hand i bought some MVS carts which were all pretty well prices and as advertised. Smooth and easy transactions.

on the other, i bought a Sengoku MVS which i paid for. He emailed me back saying he didnt have it in stock and PayPal refunded me. Ok , no sweat. This was back in March. All of a sudden last week i get an email from him requesting to positive feedback the Sengoku sale. I responded and told him i wasnt going to since i never received the item. He told me that he posted it out and he tracked it to my post office awaiting pickup (lol). I asked him what the tracking # was. He said he couldnt locate it - clearly he forgot about the item and paypal refund he already gave me. Im not calling him a scammer, but he had no fucking clue about the Sengoku sale and lied out his ass for some unknown reason. Then finally was really pushy asking for feedback , it left a bad taste in my mouth. In the end i never feedbacked him, i just let the auction sit as is and i probably wont do business with him in future.

Last edited:

arcades

n00b
Now this makes sense! I was bought almost a grand worth of boards. I put an offer in for a board I really needed, he sold it for 5 bucks higher to another bidder without even giving me a counter offer.

When I asked him why did he do that, he BANNED me from his auctions with several in my cart.

With many items I hand picked and few bought cabs for, I declined his request to stop the sale. He than RE-LISTED/RE-SOLD my boards for yes you guessed it, 5 BUCKS MORE!

Now Im stuck with empty cabs for game boards I cannot find anywhere else, all because he advised me to "keep shopping" and i bought the other accessories only to be burned so freaking bad by him selling my items underneath me for being victimized by his shananagans in the first place.

I goggled his user name, and no surprise it is a pattern. But a Chinese guy names "Bill Burger?"

Freaking hate that guy at this moment!

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
Yet another potential customer has been Burgered :) I think half this forum has been banned by him at some point.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Dealing with Bill Burger is like dealing with the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld, if you complain about something you buy from him, ask any questions, don't leave feedback, try to return an item, it's "No PCBs for You!"

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If he gets 50 offers on something, it wouldn't make sense to counteroffer all 50 potential buyers when they've already made their "Best Offer". Wouldn't he just pick the highest and move on to the next item?

Last edited:

barrow

n00b
I read through some threads about Bill here and on other forums as well. Feels like it's almost a rite of passage to deal with him if you're arcade collecting, everyone has a story, good or bad. I decided to roll the dice and order 4 carts from him. Nothing big, cheap stuff, but carts I don't have yet as I'm still new to the scene. It's going to be interesting to see what condition they're in, and then opening them up to check the authenticity. I'll report back when they come in.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Summing him up:

1) Don't ask questions, he hates questions since he is too busy in the back showering himself in broken parts

2) Whatever you order...just don't expect much...honestly just expect the worst possible outcome and if you get better...hurrah

3) Don't buy his parts/junk boards because they will almost certainly be missing the key ICs

lalalanasty

Super Sidekicks 2
Ive bought quite a few things from him. No issues here. The only thing I had go bad was my naomi 2, all all that needed was the BGA to be reballed. quick shipping and all the BINs I offer on get accepted with $10-15. more then likely cause I ship locally (like 30 mins)

I honestly never knew that ebay name was him. That was probably what got me getting the working things.

Last edited:

barrow

n00b
I read through some threads about Bill here and on other forums as well. Feels like it's almost a rite of passage to deal with him if you're arcade collecting, everyone has a story, good or bad. I decided to roll the dice and order 4 carts from him. Nothing big, cheap stuff, but carts I don't have yet as I'm still new to the scene. It's going to be interesting to see what condition they're in, and then opening them up to check the authenticity. I'll report back when they come in.

Can't complain at all about my first experience with Bill. All 4 carts had authentic boards and all of them are working, that's what I was worried about the most. All of the boards were in really good shape, none of the cases were a big issue, did some cleaning to a couple, one of them had some tape residue on it. Included were 3 mini marquees which I wasn't expecting so that's nice. All in all I'm super satisfied, got 4 authentic working games I didn't have for really cheap:
- Art of Fighting 2
- Fatal Fury 2
- Fatal Fury 3
- Fatal Fury Special