Is bill Burger aka bbu97159656tcy a good seller?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
What a dumbass.

When I tried to submit an offer on one of his items today I got this error:

bbassuj9.png

Another loss of revenue for him. That was his last chance, too.

caldwert

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
When I first got into Jamma stuff years ago, I bought a Combatribes from him "tested and working". Got it and total garbage on the screen. Obviously not working. I think he banned me from bidding on his auctions from there on out. Although I guess that didn't stick since I won a Raiden Fighters 2 cart from him the other week which was in perfect shape and shipping was extremely fast. I remember when I first got into the scene years ago, like 2002, the same shit came up when I asked around about him. Basically, buy his shit, be happy with whatever you get, don't complain. I always laugh at the user name, that must be fun to type.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I've bought plenty of mvs carts from bill and he is on point, but I heard he's a prick if you ask him a question. I never had to ask him anything, I just order from him and get my carts in 4 days or less, and everything is legit.

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
I would say if you're buying mvs or CPS-2, or generally not spending much you're probably fine. But pcb's or anything a little more sensitive or a lot of money I'd be cautious because if it doesn't work you'll have a fight on your hands.

TheBakachan

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I haven't had any trouble with him... From what everyone is saying, maybe I should qualify that with a 'yet'. I got some games off him, no problem. It was one of his 'lot of 4 snk neo geo video game cartridges' (Except this one was typo'd 5 in the title, but I can count and read so it didn't bother me.) All that mattered to me was it had the first three Samurai Spirits games in it, all with JP labels. All the games worked fine and were legit. Even included a near-mint Samurai Spirits 3 mini-marquee which I wasn't expecting.

I hope to buy more from him soon.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I've picked up several carts from the guy at once one time. I sent a question asking if he would combine shipping and he only sent me back "Yes"

So I went ahead and bid on a bunch of his stuff figuring he would knock a buck off of each or something like.

I think I got 12 of his auctions and the total shipping was only 27 bucks so he really cut me a deal on shipping.
The carts were filthy and not always the same ones pictured but all worked after a cleaning and were originals.
On a side note they were mostly low cost games that I never had gotten around to picking up.

End then end you pay for what you get I guess and after reading some of the stories here I must have got lucky.

Battlesmurf

Edo Express Delivery Guy
You got very lucky. I for some reason had it in my head to stay away from a seller called "Bill Burger". I saw a strikers 1945 3 board I really wanted, threw in a Best Offer and won. I really should have paid more attention- I realized my mistake when it was too late to back out. I paid, waited, and plugged the game in when it got here. Sad thing was- board was a casualty. The HUD/Ships/Bullets for one of the stages just dissapears (though you can still run into them/get shot by them). Unplayable.

Anyways- I messaged him through ebay multiple times over an 8 day period. Then I filed a Paypal dispute and continued messaging him through Paypal and eBay (with no responses back at all). Funny thing is- prior to the sale he was quick to respond. Anyways-I escalated the claim- and 1 day later he responded (though to Paypal- and it doesn't show me what he responded- only that he did not want to allow the claim).

Ick- terrible seller. No fucking way these PCBs are tested working- nobody has this much broken junk shit in their inventory and doesn't realize that it's 90% broken junk shit.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Was the title screen or first level of the game messed up?

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Looks like he's got an MS4 bootleg selling right now. No guarantee that its a boot by the picture, but it's a fake label and white case.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
LOL. I can't even buy anything for full price anymore. What an idiot.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Someone needs to kill Bill. No I'm not trying to be funny, someone literally needs to kill him.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I think I would kill his wife first then him.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
OK now I'm confused even more. I was watching an auction for Mach Breakers which was listed at $129.99 and I was willing to pay full price for it.

I was banned from his auction when I offered him $80 for a $90 item, I still don't know why.

I checked the Mach Breakers auction 3 weeks later and the idiot sold it for $80, fucking $80. I was willing to pay $130 for it. Some dude offered him a price $50 less than listed and he accepts it and I get banned for a $10 diff offer? WTF?!?

I even emailed him when he listed the auction as to why I was banned, he said he couldn't help me since he's not in customer service. OMG.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
OK now I'm confused even more. I was watching an auction for Mach Breakers which was listed at $129.99 and I was willing to pay full price for it.

I was banned from his auction when I offered him $80 for a $90 item, I still don't know why.

I checked the Mach Breakers auction 3 weeks later and the idiot sold it for $80, fucking $80. I was willing to pay $130 for it. Some dude offered him a price $50 less than listed and he accepts it and I get banned for a $10 diff offer? WTF?!?

I even emailed him when he listed the auction as to why I was banned, he said he couldn't help me since he's not in customer service. OMG.

He's a fucking moron - I dealt with him in 2001 and that was the last time.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Bill has a staff of people who manage his auctions, just FYI. A friend of mine has been to his lair, and from what he said, the staff members are real class acts*...

*sarcasm

ilazul

Enemy Chaser
I bought a generic mini MVS marquee off him, I was told it shipped on several occasions, but I never got it. He told me that " I can't control USPS and I didn't want to pay for the tracking" ("I" being bill). I filed a complaint, and his wife (?) apologized and refunded saying that it was never sent out.

Took over a month to boot.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
He looks like he would have an unpleasant odor.

grips03

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I wish I found this earlier, I bought MVS Baseball Stars off of him, but he sent Baseball Stars 2 (which I already own). Then emails me to say I'm dumb and he won't refund until he gets Baseball Stars 2 back. I mailed the game back today, but I'm out $13 in shipping it back to him. Does eBay / paypal or seller refund for return shipping?

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
I had a similar problem with Bill Burger about a year ago.

Purchased a lot of MVS carts off him. 3 of the 12 or so carts were not the ones listed in the auction and the rest were non working except one, even after cleaning the carts and my boards. After politely asking for a refund he accused me of trying to rip him off and then put me on his buyer block list.. :lolz:

Paypal sorted it out, they returned the funds after delivery confirmation cleared.. but I was out the cost return shipping.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I wish I found this earlier, I bought MVS Baseball Stars off of him, but he sent Baseball Stars 2 (which I already own). Then emails me to say I'm dumb and he won't refund until he gets Baseball Stars 2 back. I mailed the game back today, but I'm out $13 in shipping it back to him. Does eBay / paypal or seller refund for return shipping?

He sent you the more expensive of the 2 and you chose to mail it back? You should have sold it and then just bought the first one from someone else.

grips03

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
He sent you the more expensive of the 2 and you chose to mail it back? You should have sold it and then just bought the first one from someone else.

I guess, but I already own #2, and just didn't see the need.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
I would say if you're buying mvs or CPS-2, or generally not spending much you're probably fine. But pcb's or anything a little more sensitive or a lot of money I'd be cautious because if it doesn't work you'll have a fight on your hands.

I'd say this is probably the best advice in this thread.

my $0.02: I have done many deals with bill. about 95% of them went through perfectly fine. He can be a dick to talk to, but you can get some really great deals. Especially if he is selling something that he doesn't know what it is.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Lately it seems like he's been asking TOP dollar and beyond for some of his CAPCOM stuff--and advertising international shipping.

grips03

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Bill's new eBay Id is : gameboardsoc1234
I called the Paypal.com folks and they refunded the return shipping cost